Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
JetBlue Goes Hostile
in Takeover Bid of Spirit
May 16, 2022 8:36 AM CDT
JetBlue Goes Hostile in Takeover Bid of Spirit
It's competing with Frontier to acquire Spirit
- JetBlue is going hostile in its bid for Spirit Airlines and asking Spirit shareholders to reject a proposed $2.9 billion acquisition by Frontier Airlines, per the AP . JetBlue is going straight to shareholders of the Florida airline in hopes of pushing its board to the negotiating table. Shares of...
Bill O'Reilly Caught on Video
Berating JetBlue Employee
Apr 20, 2022 10:53 AM CDT
Bill O'Reilly Caught on Video Berating JetBlue Employee
Former Fox News host was reportedly upset about a lengthy flight delay
- Political commentator Bill O'Reilly was caught on video berating an airline employee at JFK airport, reports Insider , and it's been watched some 2.7 million times.
O'Reilly was reportedly peeved because of an hours-long delay for his April 3 flight to Turks and Caicos and wanted a...
Pilot: 'I Have Something
Embarrassing to Tell You Guys'
in case you missed it
Mar 20, 2022 6:31 AM CDT
Pilot: 'I Have Something Embarrassing to Tell You Guys'
Passengers were temporarily stuck on board at Massachusetts' Worcester Regional Airport
- The eagerness to get off the plane once it's landed is a feeling pretty much every air traveler can relate to. But for those passengers traveling on JetBlue Flight 676 early Tuesday, a weird problem: There were no JetBlue staffers at the airport to get them off the plane....
Cops: JetBlue Pilot
Yanked From Cockpit
Had BAC of 0.17%
Mar 3, 2022 2:02 AM CST
Cops: JetBlue Pilot Yanked From Cockpit Had BAC of 0.17%
The Florida man could face federal charges
- A JetBlue plane was about to depart Wednesday morning when the pilot was pulled from the cockpit and taken into police custody. James Clifton, 52, had passed through the Transportation Security Administration checkpoint at Buffalo Niagara International Airport when TSA agents observed that he appeared to be impaired. The Niagara...
Is the Best
of All Major
Jan 28, 2022 10:30 AM CST
This Airline Is the Best of All Major US Carriers
'WSJ' puts Delta at the top of its annual list, JetBlue at the bottom
- Between industrywide woes , unruly passengers , and sharing a name with a coronavirus variant, one could say the pandemic has not been kind to Delta Air Lines. Now, a bit of good news has come Delta's way, as it takes the top spot in the
Wall Street Journal
Man Allegedly Chokes,
Kicks Flight Attendant,
Asks to Be Shot
Sep 24, 2021 7:41 AM CDT
Man Allegedly Chokes, Kicks Flight Attendant, Asks to Be Shot
Khalil El Dahr was reportedly angered after an in-flight call didn't go through
- A passenger tried to rush the cockpit of a JetBlue flight on Wednesday before kicking and choking a flight attendant, according to an FBI affidavit . The man identified as Khalil El Dahr had become angry after trying unsuccessfully to make a phone call about an hour before the flight from...
JetBlue Bans Couple After
Altercation Over Masks
Sep 14, 2021 12:43 PM CDT
JetBlue Bans Couple After Altercation Over Masks
Male passenger was seen grabbing a flight attendant
- JetBlue says it's banned a man and woman who refused to wear masks on a flight last week, after the man got physical with a flight attendant in an incident captured in a viral video . It begins with the maskless man yelling and grabbing the arm of a male...
JetBlue Rolls the Dice, Adds
Low-Cost Transatlantic Flight
Aug 20, 2021 2:03 PM CDT
JetBlue Rolls the Dice, Adds Low-Cost Transatlantic Flight
New York to London for about $400 round trip
- With business travel near zero, and British citizens not allowed to visit the US unless it’s an emergency, adding a flight between New York and London could be a gamble. But it’s a route that usually earns an airline a lot of money, and JetBlue picked it up...
FAA: Told to Mask Up,
Passengers Got Physical
May 6, 2021 11:56 AM CDT
FAA: Told to Mask Up, Passengers Got Physical
Agency issues 4 fines totalling more than $67K
- Two travelers are facing a combined $50,000 in fines from the FAA, and not just for their lack of masks. Both are accused of assaulting flight attendants who called them out for their rule-breaking, per the
. A female passenger told to don a mask on a Feb. 7...
Test Domestic Passengers?
Bad Idea, Say the Airlines
Jan 29, 2021 11:01 AM CST
Test Domestic Passengers? Bad Idea, Say the Airlines
The CDC is 'actively looking at' such a rule
- Health officials in the Biden administration have floated the idea of requiring passengers on domestic flights to show proof of a negative COVID test. On Thursday, executives of major airlines made clear they hate the idea. "A mistake" and a "real goat rodeo" were two of the quotes...
The 2020 Losses
Are In for Airlines
Jan 28, 2021 6:25 PM CST
The 2020 Losses Are In for Airlines
Southwest finishes the year in the red for the first time in decades
- Just how bad was 2020 for the airline industry? The six biggest US airlines lost $34 billion, and Southwest suffered its first full-year loss since Richard Nixon was president and gasoline sold for 36 cents a gallon. It was a disaster for airlines, worse than 9/11 or the global financial...
Air Traffic Controllers
Hear Threat to Fly
Plane Into US Capitol
Jan 6, 2021 6:31 AM CST
Air Traffic Controllers Hear Threat to Fly Plane Into US Capitol
Message alleges that attack will come Wednesday to avenge assassinated Iranian general Soleimani
- A year after a US drone strike killed Iranian general Qasem Soleimani , air traffic controllers in New York heard a chilling threat to Washington, DC. "We are flying a plane into the Capitol Wednesday. Soleimani will be avenged," said the digitized voice recording , obtained by CBS News . It...
Mother of 6 Blasts Airline After
Eviction Over Mask for Toddler
Aug 20, 2020 4:13 PM CDT
Mother of 6 Blasts Airline After Eviction Over Mask for Toddler
Other passengers hollered at crew during confrontation
- Chaya Bruck said she tried to keep a face mask on her 2-year-old after they took their seats on a JetBlue flight Wednesday in Orlando. But Dina wasn't having it, the
New York Daily News
reports, and crew members came to her seat to enforce the policy. JetBlue's...
JetBlue Bans Masks With Vents
Aug 5, 2020 6:08 PM CDT
JetBlue Bans Masks With Vents
Airline says exemptions will no longer be allowed
- Face masks with valves to make breathing more comfortable defeat the whole purpose of wearing masks, experts say—and JetBlue has joined airlines banning them. The airline says that as of Aug. 10, masks with vents or exhalation valves will no longer be acceptable, and passengers will no longer be...
JetBlue's NYC Salute
Called 'Savagely Useless'
May 8, 2020 6:45 AM CDT
JetBlue's NYC Salute Called 'Savagely Useless'
Airline said it was honoring the city's first responders with its flyover
- After JetBlue decided to honor first responders in New York City by flying three planes at low altitude over the city Thursday night, critics called it a terrible idea and wondered if the airline had forgotten what two planes flying at low altitude did to the city on 9/11. The...
Its 'New Flying
Apr 28, 2020 8:22 AM CDT
Airline Announces Its 'New Flying Etiquette'
JetBlue will now require all passengers to wear masks 'throughout their journey'
- As airlines struggle with the travel havoc wreaked by the coronavirus, one has become the first to implement a new safety measure to try to control the virus' spread. Business Insider reports that starting May 4, JetBlue will mandate its passengers don face coverings not just for their flight, but...
A Jarring Notification on
Flight: You Have Coronavirus
Mar 13, 2020 8:26 AM CDT
A Jarring Notification on Flight: You Have Coronavirus
JetBlue bans passenger who found out his test came back positive
- A passenger who flew from New York to Florida found out he tested positive for the new coronavirus while on the plane, and now he won't be flying JetBlue anymore. CNN reports that, per the airline, the unidentified man got the notification of his test results while traveling from...
US Bars All Flights Into Cuba,
With One Exception
Oct 26, 2019 9:00 AM CDT
US Bars All Flights Into Cuba, With One Exception
Planes from United States can only go into Havana in new travel ban
- If you'd planned to travel to Cuba, you still can—but only one of the country's 10 main airports will be open starting next month. Per CBS News , at the direction of Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, the US has banned all flights to the island nation, save...
JetBlue Gate Agent Could
Get 20 Years for Ticket Scam
Oct 23, 2019 1:33 AM CDT
JetBlue Gate Agent Could Get 20 Years for Ticket Scam
She upgraded tickets for more than 100 friends, relatives
- A special code allowed former JetBlue gate agent Tiffany Jenkins to swap cheap plane tickets for expensive ones—and prosecutors say she did this for family and friends more than 500 times before she got caught. Jenkins, who was arrested in November last year, allegedly upgraded 505 tickets for more...
Here Are the Main
US Airlines, Ranked
May 2, 2019 5:40 PM CDT
Here Are the Main US Airlines, Ranked
Alaska Airlines comes in at No. 1 overall, and it's also the safest
- While it always feels like a win to score a cheap plane ticket, price isn't the only factor that makes an airline desirable. WalletHub looked at the nine biggest domestic airlines, plus three regional carriers, examining four categories: safety; incidents involving animals; in-flight comfort and cost; and baggage, departures,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Gunman Sent Message: 'Going to Shoot Elementary School'
It Took Police 40 Minutes to Move in as Classroom Full of Kids Was Massacred
Beto O'Rourke Interrupts Abbott's Press Conference
Details Emerge About Teen Shooter in Texas
Fans Step In After Singer Bails During Concert
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.