Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Woman Accused of 'Very
Disturbing' Plot to Gain Custody
May 13, 2022 9:38 AM CDT
Woman Accused of 'Very Disturbing' Plot to Gain Custody
Lacey Hucks, accomplice accused of planting child porn pics on Hucks' husband's phone
- Child custody battles can get heated, and it's not unusual for parties to pull out all the stops to win the fight, but one Oklahoma mom may have gone a step too far. KFOR reports that 33-year-old Lacey Hucks is now in custody and facing felony charges in Garvin...
Olivia Wilde Gets Served
During Movie Presentation
Apr 28, 2022 7:23 AM CDT
Olivia Wilde Gets Served During Movie Presentation
She was handed child custody papers while onstage at CinemaCon
- CinemaCon says it is reviewing security procedures after director Olivia Wilde was served with legal papers at the Las Vegas event—while she was onstage presenting the trailer for new movie
Don't Worry Darling
. When somebody came up from the front rows to hand Wilde the manila envelope marked...
Dubai Leader Loses Custody
Battle Over 'Exorbitant' Abuse
Mar 26, 2022 10:15 AM CDT
Dubai Leader Loses Custody Battle Over 'Exorbitant' Abuse
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum isn't allowed direct contact with kids, either, per UK judge
- First Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum was ordered to pay hundreds of millions of dollars to his ex, in what was said to be the largest divorce settlement the UK has ever seen. Now, another victory for Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein, the half sister of King Abdullah II...
She Was a Domestic Abuse
Victim. Her Ex Got the Kids
Mar 6, 2022 6:00 PM CST
She Was a Domestic Abuse Victim. Her Ex Got the Kids
ProPublica takes a look at Julie Valadez's custody battle
- In her mind, Wisconsin mother and domestic abuse victim Julie Valadez was being persistent in standing up for her four children. To a Waukesha County Circuit Court judge, she was uncooperative and unreasonable. According to many advocates at the intersection of domestic abuse and child custody, this is not an...
Before Finding Girl Under Stairs,
Officers Found Her Bedroom
Feb 18, 2022 7:50 AM CST
Before Finding Girl Under Stairs, Officers Found Her Bedroom
Father claimed it was only set up in case Paislee Shultis returned home: police
- Police long suspected Paislee Shultis, a child missing for two years in New York , could be found in the home of her biological parents, who do not have custody of her. They just couldn't prove it—until a tip arrived Monday. "This tip was fresh, it was factual....
Judge Tells Mom She Can't
See Son Until She's Vaccinated
Aug 30, 2021 7:33 AM CDT
Judge Tells Mom She Can't See Son Until She's Vaccinated
Rebecca Firlit hasn't seen her 11-year-old since Aug. 10
- Rebecca Firlit showed up to what she thought would be a typical child support hearing via Zoom; the Chicago mom has been divorced for seven years and shares custody of her 11-year-old son. She ended the hearing having lost her visitation rights due to her vaccine status in what the...
Ousted Judge a Blow
to Brad Pitt Custody Cause
Jul 24, 2021 7:15 AM CDT
Ousted Judge a Blow to Brad Pitt Custody Cause
Actor loses time with kids previously awarded to him
- Brad Pitt has suffered a blow in his child custody battle with Angelina Jolie. Per People , a judge who previously awarded the actor more time with the former couple's kids has been disqualified from presiding over the case. A three-judge panel sided with Jolie's attorneys, who argued Judge...
Man Charged With Shooting
Ex-Wife While 4 Kids Slept
Jun 30, 2021 8:14 AM CDT
Man Charged With Shooting Ex-Wife While 4 Kids Slept
Texas' Aaron Wright denies involvement in shooting hours before custody hearing
- A Texas man scheduled to attend a child-custody hearing within hours allegedly broke into his ex-wife's home and shot her four times Monday while their four children slept inside. Aaron Wright appeared Tuesday before a judge in Harris County, who described an elaborate plan that allegedly began with Wright...
Judge Tentatively Gives
Brad Pitt Joint Custody
May 26, 2021 6:30 PM CDT
Judge Tentatively Gives Brad Pitt Joint Custody
Angelina Jolie plans to fight on, and the decision affecting 5 children could change
- Brad Pitt has won joint custody of his children with Angelina Jolie. A judge allowed the adjustment in the existing custody agreement to permit Pitt more time with the actors' children, NBC reports. But the decision is not final, and Jolie, who filed for divorce in 2016, plans to press...
Jolie Says She Has 'Proof' Pitt
Committed Domestic Violence
Mar 18, 2021 10:14 AM CDT
Jolie Says She Has 'Proof' Pitt Committed Domestic Violence
She and the kids are willing to testify, per court documents
- Angelina Jolie says she and her children are ready to offer "proof and authority in support" of her claim that Brad Pitt committed domestic violence. Jolie has agreed to provide her own testimony, as well as the "testimony of minor children," according to leaked court documents filed...
Judge: COVID Rules Don't
Inhibit Polyamorous Life
Jan 5, 2021 2:44 PM CST
Judge: COVID Rules Don't Inhibit Polyamorous Life
Mother objected to children's possible virus exposure from their father's new partner and her husband
- British Columbia's pandemic restrictions are tough enough to understand, a judge says, before you throw in an alternative lifestyle. "The messaging accompanying these orders, and indeed the language of the orders themselves, is fraught with inconsistency and ambiguity," Justice Nigel Kent said in ruling that a divorced...
Black Couple Separated From
Infant Son After Traffic Stop
Dec 22, 2020 3:17 PM CST
Black Couple Separated From Infant Son After Traffic Stop
NC cops say marijuana was found; the couple disputes that
- A Black man says a deputy told him he would never again see his son during a traffic stop in North Carolina earlier this month. And he says he hasn't had custody of his 9-month-old in the three weeks since. Raymond Cheley Sykes, 34, and Kaila Boulware, 27, of...
Heidi Klum: I'm
Fight to Court
Aug 22, 2020 9:30 AM CDT
Heidi Klum: I'm Taking This Fight to Court
The 'Next Top Model' host wants her four children in Germany
- Heidi Klum is seeking legal action to have her four children accompany her to Europe for the filming of
Next Top Model
—a move her ex says is just too dangerous,
reports. The supermodel is asking for an emergency court hearing to have Leni, 16, Henry, 14, Johan, 13,...
Florida Mom: My Boy's
Father Is a Virus Risk
Apr 4, 2020 10:15 AM CDT
Florida Mom: My Boy's Father Is a Virus Risk
Dawson Thilmony wants custody of their son until state of emergency is over
- A Florida mother is asking a judge to allow her to keep custody of her 2-year-old son during the pandemic, claiming the boy's father and his fiance are at higher risk of contracting the coronavirus since they're first-responders, the AP reports. Tabatha Sams has asked a judge to...
Parents Face Daughter's
Suspected Killer in Court
Dec 28, 2018 10:30 AM CST
Parents Face Daughter's Suspected Killer in Court
Kelsey Berreth's parents granted temporary custody of grandchild
- Kelsey Berreth's parents faced down the man suspected of killing their daughter in court on Thursday and were awarded temporary custody of their 14-month-old granddaughter. Kaylee, the daughter of Berreth and Patrick Frazee, has been staying with her maternal grandparents since Frazee's Dec. 21 arrest in Colorado on...
Former Hostage Says Husband
Abused Her in Captivity
Sep 6, 2018 6:43 AM CDT
Former Hostage Says Husband Abused Her in Captivity
Canadian Joshua Boyle loses custody of children
- Caitlan Coleman, the American woman held hostage in Afghanistan for 5 years , says her own husband made the ordeal much worse. In court papers obtained by the
, the 32-year-old Coleman says Joshua Boyle, her 34-year-old Canadian husband, became mentally and physically abusive, confining her to a shower stall...
He Wanted Ex to
Give Him More Time
With Son, Killed Them All
Aug 1, 2018 8:11 AM CDT
He Wanted Ex to Give Him More Time With Son, Killed Them All
Police say James Shields Jr. murdered 3 people over trans-Atlantic custody dispute
- On Monday, the friend who accompanied Linda Olthof from the Netherlands to New York couldn't get in touch with her and called Olthof's sister back home. Her sister Googled "New York" to see if anything was amiss there and quickly came across news of a murder-suicide. "...
In 'Extremely Rare' Move, an
Order in Jolie-Pitt Divorce Case
Jun 13, 2018 2:03 AM CDT
In 'Extremely Rare' Move, an Order in Jolie-Pitt Divorce Case
Judge mandates Jolie give her ex more access to their 6 kids or risk losing primary custody
- In what one expert tells
is an "extremely rare" case, a judge has issued a new order involving Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's six children and warned that if Jolie doesn't follow the order, she could risk losing primary custody to Pitt. Various media outlets got...
Feds: We Just Lost
Nearly 1,500 Children
Apr 28, 2018 1:20 PM CDT
Feds: We Just Lost Nearly 1,500 Children
Health and Human Services admits its mistake
- Federal officials lost track of nearly 1,500 migrant children last year after a government agency placed the minors in the homes of adult sponsors in communities across the country, according to testimony before a Senate subcommittee Thursday, the AP reports. The Health and Human Services Department has a limited...
Mom No Longer Has to Share
Custody of Son With Her Rapist
Oct 17, 2017 4:04 PM CDT
Mom No Longer Has to Share Custody of Son With Her Rapist
Judge rescinds order in Michigan case
- A Michigan judge has rescinded his order that gave a convicted sex offender joint legal custody of a child born to a woman who said the man raped her when she was 12. Sanilac County Judge Gregory Ross ruled Tuesday that 27-year-old Christopher Mirasolo won't have any parental rights...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
2 Secret Service Employees Sent Home From Biden's Trip
Madison Cawthorn Issues Defiant Message After Loss
Carlson Asked Unexpected Person for Favor for His Son
Suspects' Mercedes-Benz Getting Loads of Attention
De Blasio: 'I Am Declaring My Candidacy'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.