Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
That Drove Me
Mar 27, 2022 12:35 PM CDT
Wallace: It Wasn't Opinions That Drove Me From Fox
Anchor says truth vs. fiction was an issue after Trump loss
- Things changed at Fox News after Donald Trump lost the presidential election to Joe Biden, Chris Wallace said. "Before, I found it was an environment in which I could do my job and feel good about my involvement at Fox," he said. "And since November of 2020,...
Dec 12, 2021 10:55 AM CST
Chris Wallace Resigns From Fox News
Longtime host goes to CNN's new streaming service
- Chris Wallace, a Fox News interviewer recognized for asking tough questions of both parties, announced Sunday that he's leaving the network. "I want to try something new, to go beyond politics to all the things I'm interested in," he told viewers at the end of his...
McCarthy Speaks Out on Call
With Trump During Capitol Riot
Apr 26, 2021 9:25 AM CDT
McCarthy Speaks Out on Call With Trump During Capitol Riot
House minority leader wouldn't confirm GOP congresswoman's account of heated conversation
- Kevin McCarthy confirmed Sunday that he did speak with then-President Trump on the phone during the peak of the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, but it didn't seem to be the heated "shouting match" it was previously described as—at least not according to McCarthy's update. The...
Oct 3, 2020 6:00 AM CDT
Before Heading to Hospital, Trump Made a Video
Meanwhile, he told Bob Woodward in April he wasn't worried about getting infected, per new tape
- As President Trump was being transported to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center on Friday to be treated for COVID-19, he issued a brief prerecorded greeting to the American people, offering gratitude and assurances. "I want to thank everybody for the tremendous support. I'm going to Walter Reed...
'Put His Foot' in
My 'Delicious Cake'
Oct 2, 2020 8:07 AM CDT
Wallace: Trump 'Put His Foot' in My 'Delicious Cake'
'I had baked this beautiful, delicious cake and frankly, the president put his foot in it'
- Chris Wallace says that when President Trump first engaged with Joe Biden in Tuesday night's debate, he was pleased because he "thought we were gonna have a real debate here." He was less thrilled over the next 94 minutes of the chaotic debate, during which he says...
Oct 1, 2020 12:41 AM CDT
Chris Wallace Does Some 'Soul-Searching'
The 'Fox News Sunday' anchor talks about moderating the presidential debate
- It's "soul-searching" time for Chris Wallace. The
Fox News Sunday
anchor admits he struggled to moderate last night's presidential debate—a contentious affair that one pundit called "two old men shouting at each other"—but he isn't apologizing or taking all the blame. "...
Trump on the Debate:
'2 on 1 Was ... Fun'
Sep 30, 2020 11:58 AM CDT
Trump on the Debate: '2 on 1 Was ... Fun'
President tweets about Chris Wallace, Joe Biden
- Americans are buzzing about Tuesday night's hot mess of a debate —and that group includes President Trump. The president took to Twitter late Wednesday morning with comments on moderator Chris Wallace and rival Joe Biden. Of Fox News host Wallace, Trump retweeted a
New York Times
Watching the 2016 Debates
Offers a Lesson for Biden
Sep 29, 2020 9:45 AM CDT
Watching the 2016 Debates Offers a Lesson for Biden
Don't underestimate the president's effective, unorthodox style, says a Politico analysis
- So how important is Tuesday night's debate ? Oh, it's only "one of the more important moments in American political history," in the view of former Obama adviser David Plouffe. If Joe Biden "has a really strong debate, it doesn't mean the rest of...
for 3 Presidential Debates
Sep 2, 2020 1:11 PM CDT
Moderators Announced for 3 Presidential Debates
Fox's Chris Wallace is first on the list
- A Fox News anchor has been chosen as the moderator of the first debate between President Trump and Joe Biden—but the Trump campaign may not be thrilled about it. The Commission on Presidential Debates announced Tuesday that the Sept. 29 debate in Cleveland will be moderated by Chris Wallace,...
Commit to Election
Results? 'Look ...
I Have to See'
sunday talk shows
Jul 19, 2020 12:40 PM CDT
Commit to Election Results? 'Look ... I Have to See'
President Trump gives Chris Wallace a wide-ranging interview on 'Fox News Sunday'
- President Trump is refusing to publicly commit to accepting the results of the upcoming White House election, recalling a similar threat he made weeks before the 2016 vote, as he scoffs at polls showing him lagging behind Democrat Joe Biden, the AP reports. Trump says it's too early to...
Trump Not Happy
With Fox News
Apr 20, 2020 2:01 AM CDT
Trump Not Happy With Fox News
President says network is 'on a bad path' after Nancy Pelosi interview
- President Trump is a well-known fan of Fox News, but on Sunday, his words for the network weren't laudatory ones. "Nervous Nancy is an inherently 'dumb' person," he tweeted , referring to Nancy Pelosi's interview with Chris Wallace on
Fox News Sunday.
"She wasted all...
of Fox Delivers
Dec 12, 2019 2:08 PM CST
Chris Wallace of Fox Delivers Stinging Rebuke of Trump
President 'engaged in the most direct sustained assault on freedom of the press in our history'
- Chris Wallace of Fox News has not been shy about voicing his criticism of President Trump, and he delivered a strong rebuke Wednesday night. "I believe that President Trump is engaged in the most direct sustained assault on freedom of the press in our history," Wallace said during...
Trump Gets Personal After
Fox Host Interviews Scalise
Nov 18, 2019 4:06 AM CST
Trump Gets Personal After Fox Host Interviews Scalise
He slams 'nasty, obnoxious' Chris Wallace
- After Fox News host Chris Wallace clashed with House Minority Whip Steve Scalise over the impeachment inquiry in an interview Sunday, President Trump called him "nasty" and said he would never measure up to his father, late
lead reporter Mike Wallace. Scalise "blew the nasty &...
Kellyanne Gets Heated:
'What Are You, Oprah?'
Mar 31, 2019 5:45 PM CDT
Kellyanne Gets Heated: 'What Are You, Oprah?'
Chris Wallace asks about her husband on Fox News Sunday
- Kellyanne Conway crossed swords with
Fox News Sunday
host Chris Wallace over the question that keeps coming up: As Wallace put it, "Why is your husband attacking your boss?" Kellyanne was initially measured in discussing husband George Conway—a "vocal critic" of President Trump, per
Trump Doubles Down
on bin Laden Assertion
Nov 19, 2018 1:47 PM CST
Trump Doubles Down on bin Laden Assertion
After comments on William McRaven, says 'of course' we should have gotten him earlier
- Adm. William H. McRaven is a distinguished retired Navy SEAL and special ops commander who led the raids that led to the capture of Saddam Hussein and the death of Osama bin Laden. President Trump, however, dismissed McRaven in his interview Sunday with Fox News as an "Obama backer"...
Fox Host Asks Putin the
Questions Trump Didn't
Jul 17, 2018 6:09 AM CDT
Fox Host Asks Putin the Questions Trump Didn't
Chris Wallace wanted to know why Russian leader's rivals end up dead
- With President Trump apparently unable or unwilling to ask Vladimir Putin tough questions, US interests were represented in Helsinki by ... Chris Wallace? The Fox host's interview with the Russian leader , which aired Monday night, was a testy affair, with Putin clearly unhappy about a journalist challenging him, the
Trump on Russia Hack:
'Just Another Excuse'
Dec 11, 2016 9:41 AM CST
Trump on Russia Hack: 'Just Another Excuse'
Says CIA claims 'ridiculous,' and 'nobody really knows'
- CIA claims that Russian hackers acted to rig the election are "ridiculous" and "just another excuse," President-elect Donald Trump told Fox News in an extensive interview Sunday. "I don't believe it. Every week it's another excuse. We had a massive landslide victory, as you...
Sep 2, 2016 12:05 PM CDT
Clinton-Trump Debate Moderators Are Chosen
Lester Holt, Martha Raddatz, Anderson Cooper, and Chris Wallace will handle them
- The Commission on Presidential Debates is tasked with finding the folks who will moderate the upcoming word wars between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, as well as between their respective VP picks. And the commission has spoken, per ABC News , naming
anchor Lester Holt as the first...
Clinton: 'I Know
That I Have
Work to Do'
FOX NEWS INTERVIEW
Jul 31, 2016 12:24 PM CDT
Clinton: 'I Know That I Have Work to Do'
Acknowledges she'll have to convince many Americans she's trustworthy
- “I think that it's fair for Americans to have questions,” Hillary Clinton tells Fox News in her first interview since accepting the Democratic nomination. “Every time I run for an office, though, oh my goodness, all of these caricatures come out of nowhere. And people begin...
Ted Cruz Gets
Jan 28, 2016 9:03 PM CST
Ted Cruz Gets Bristly With Fox Moderator
'I may have to leave the stage'
- Without Donald Trump on the stage, can Ted Cruz take the heat of being the top target? (Which FiveThirtyEight notes he was, at least in the initial portion of the debate.) He and Fox News debate moderator Chris Wallace had a bit of a verbal tussle early on. Chris...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Amended Autopsy Report: McClain Died Due to Ketamine
Elton John's WH Concert Ends With a Big Surprise
Detroit Radio Anchor Killed, His Family Injured, in Attack
He Wanted to Be Taller. Agony, $75K Got Him There
9 Months Later, Case of Lina Sardar Khil Still Baffles
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.