Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
United, American Cap Fares
to Help Southwest's Stranded
Dec 29, 2022 6:36 AM CST
United, American Cap Fares to Help Southwest's Stranded
Other airlines also try to accommodate customers left high and dry by thousands of nixed SW flights
- Amid travel woes involving Southwest Airlines ' customers this holiday week, two other major airlines are trying to mitigate the mess. CNN Business reports that United Airlines and American Airlines are limiting how much it costs to fly to and from certain cities on their own flights to help the...
Puppy Ditched by Owner at
Airport Gets His Happy Ending
Dec 27, 2022 8:00 AM CST
Puppy Ditched by Owner at Airport Gets His Happy Ending
United Airlines employees took care of puppy left in San Francisco until pilot could adopt him
- United Airlines has used "Fly the Friendly Skies" and "Good Leads the Way" as recent slogans, and both apply in a case out of California that has found a puppy his forever home. CNN reports on the plight of Polaris, a dog of unknown breed who was abandoned...
Passengers 'Started Shrieking'
When They Saw Snake on Plane
Oct 18, 2022 8:38 PM CDT
Passengers 'Started Shrieking' When They Saw Snake on Plane
Florida garter snake is now a New Jersey resident
- "Enough is enough! I have had it with these (expletive) snakes on this (expletive) plane," Samuel L. Jackson's character declared at one point in
Snakes on a Plane
. There was only one snake on a flight from Tampa to Newark on Monday afternoon, but that was more...
FBI: Man Took 'Shrooms,
Then Had Quite a Trippy Flight
Oct 10, 2022 8:56 AM CDT
FBI: Man Took 'Shrooms, Then Had Quite a Trippy Flight
Cherruy Loghan Sevilla is accused of assaulting crew, breaking into bathroom on United plane
- There are bad trips, and then there are bad drug trips, and may never the two converge. For one man on a United Airlines flight last week, however, that's apparently what happened, and he's now facing charges of assault and interfering with flight crew. An affidavit filed in...
Aug 23, 2022 2:18 PM CDT
The Best US Airlines, Ranked
The Points Guy crowns Delta as king
- The Points Guy website is out with its annual ranking of US airlines, and Delta comes out on top by a rather comfortable margin. The top-10 ranking takes into account all the factors you'd expect—on-time flights, cancellations, general reliability, cost, scheduling, frequent-flier perks, and more. Here are the...
Woman Says She Was
Raped on Flight to London
Feb 9, 2022 11:50 AM CST
Woman Says She Was Raped on Flight to London
A 40-year-old male was arrested upon arrival at Heathrow, Metropolitan Police say
- News of a Jan. 31 arrest at Heathrow emerged on Wednesday, with London's Metropolitan Police saying a man was arrested on suspicion of rape. The arrest followed an overnight transatlantic United flight from Newark during which a 40-year-old woman alleges she was raped as her fellow business-class passengers slept,...
Birth 'Was Uneventful Other
Than Being at 30,000 Feet'
Feb 1, 2022 7:25 AM CST
Birth 'Was Uneventful Other Than Being at 30,000 Feet'
Baby born over the Atlantic on flight from Ghana to US
- No one wants to hear "Is there a doctor on board?" while they're halfway through an 11-hour journey over the Atlantic. Luckily for one mom-to-be, there was not only a doctor, but also a nurse and a former nurse on United Airlines Flight 997, and they all helped...
Is the Best
of All Major
Jan 28, 2022 10:30 AM CST
This Airline Is the Best of All Major US Carriers
'WSJ' puts Delta at the top of its annual list, JetBlue at the bottom
- Between industrywide woes , unruly passengers , and sharing a name with a coronavirus variant, one could say the pandemic has not been kind to Delta Air Lines. Now, a bit of good news has come Delta's way, as it takes the top spot in the
Wall Street Journal
Guy Who Jumped Out of
Plane at LAX Hears His Fate
Jan 27, 2022 10:30 AM CST
Guy Who Jumped Out of Plane at LAX Hears His Fate
Mexican national Luis Armando Victoria Dominguez will see 18 months behind bars in federal prison
A Mexican national who jumped out of a plane at Los Angeles International Airport last summer has found out the consequences of his actions. KTLA reports that a judge on Wednesday sentenced Luis Armando Victoria Dominguez, 34, to 18 months in federal prison for the incident in June, in...
Flight Circles Back After
Passengers Decide to Upgrade
Jan 23, 2022 12:45 PM CST
Flight Circles Back After Passengers Decide to Upgrade
Crew says 2 people became disruptive after they were ordered back to coach
- It seems logical to claim empty seats on a half-full flight, but United Airlines didn't think so and turned a transatlantic flight around on Thursday when two passengers refused to return to their original seats, per
. About 90 minutes into a flight from Newark to Tel Aviv,...
Airlines Have a Dire
Warning on 5G Rollout
Jan 18, 2022 6:48 AM CST
Airlines Have a Dire Warning on 5G Rollout
They say it could lead to 'catastrophic' flight disruptions
- Verizon and AT&T are set to deploy new 5G service Wednesday—and in a letter to federal officials Monday, major airlines warned there could be "catastrophic" consequences. As Axios notes, the dispute between the airlines and the wireless companies has been going on a while, with the aviation...
'Vindicated' United CEO: COVID
Not Killing Workers Anymore
Jan 11, 2022 4:27 PM CST
'Vindicated' United CEO: COVID Not Killing Workers Anymore
Scott Kirby says no vaccinated workers have died in last 8 weeks
- If you thought the rash of canceled flights over the holidays was the end of it, United Airlines CEO offered a cold dose of reality on Tuesday. In a memo to employees, Scott Kirby explained the company is "reducing our near-term schedules to make sure we have the staffing...
Dec 24, 2021 6:56 AM CST
Thanks, Omicron: Hundreds of Christmas Eve Flights Canceled
United, Delta, and Alaska are canceling flights
- Not exactly what holiday travelers want to hear the day before Christmas Eve: Three airlines announced Thursday they were canceling flights for the following day due to the omicron variant of COVID-19. United Airlines canceled more than 150 flights, saying "the nationwide spike in omicron cases this week has...
Fla. Man Wearing Thong on
Face Gets Booted From Flight
Dec 17, 2021 9:51 AM CST
Fla. Man Wearing Thong on Face Gets Booted From Flight
Adam Jenne compares actions on 'absurd' mask rules to those of Rosa Parks; United disagrees
- As far as masks-on-planes incidents go, it's a new one: A Cape Coral, Florida, man has been banned for the time being from United Airlines after he tried to fly from South Florida to Washington, DC, wearing a red thong on his face instead of an approved mask. WFTX...
Police Searched His House. He
Was Found Dead Months Later
Oct 25, 2021 3:29 PM CDT
Police Searched His House. He Was Found Dead Months Later
United exec Jake Cefolia disappeared in August
- A United Airlines executive who mysteriously disappeared in August was found dead in a nature preserve Sunday. Jake Cefolia was under criminal investigation when his ex-wife, Kristine Cefolia, reported him missing. Police say they found his remains hanging from a tree in Waterfall Glen Forest Preserve in Illinois,
United: New Number Shows
Our Vax Policy Works
Sep 30, 2021 3:40 PM CDT
United: New Number Shows Our Vax Policy Works
Number of workers facing dismissal over refusal to get shots drops by half
United Airlines says the number of employees facing termination for refusing to get vaccinated against COVID-19 has dropped nearly by half, to 320, after more of its 67,000 US workers provided evidence of vaccination, per the AP . The airline had said Tuesday that 593 employees faced termination unless...
United to Crew: Please Don't
Duct-Tape Unruly Passengers
Aug 17, 2021 6:30 PM CDT
United to Crew: Please Don't Duct-Tape Unruly Passengers
Exec says crew members should 'follow de-escalation process'
- United Airlines has asked its employees not to reach for the duct tape whenever they have a difficult passenger to deal with. In a recent memo seen by
, Senior Vice President of Inflight Services John Slate reminded crew members that disruptive passengers should not be taped to their seats...
United to 67K Employees:
Get Vaccinated or Get Fired
Aug 6, 2021 9:09 AM CDT
United to 67K Employees: Get Vaccinated or Get Fired
United Airlines says workers will have to be inoculated by Oct. 25
- In May, Delta Air Lines announced it would require new hires to get the COVID-19 vaccine. In June, United Airlines followed suit. Now, the latter is taking it a step further, mandating that all of its 67,000 US employees, from pilots and flight attendants to gate agents, get vaccinated....
Passengers Taken Off Plane
After Teen Sends Gun Pic
Jul 25, 2021 3:50 PM CDT
Passengers Taken Off Plane After Teen Sends Gun Pic
The image was of an airsoft gun that wasn't even on a plane
- Some passengers on a United flight from San Francisco to Orlando, Florida, got a weird photo on their Apple devices delivered via AirDrop. AirDrop is an Apple feature that lets photos be transmitted short distances, and it’s possible to leave that connection open to the public. A photo of...
Air Traffic Control Slip-Up
Almost Caused Disaster
Jul 20, 2021 2:37 PM CDT
Air Traffic Control Slip-Up Almost Caused Disaster
Paris controller cleared planes to take off, land on same runway
- Air safety investigators in France say a number of factors almost caused a disaster at the country's biggest airport last year—including the fact that an air traffic controller was out of practice due to reduced flights during the pandemic. According to a report released Tuesday, a United Airlines...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
China Has an Innocent Explanation for Its Balloon
The Rock Got the Call 'We Never Want to Get'
Groundhog Day Took a Tragic Turn in Quebec
Pedophile Former Pop Star Released After 8 Years
Funeral Home Staff Unzipped a Body Bag, Got Quite a Shock
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.