Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Trump Says He Faces
Up to 561 Years in Prison
Aug 2, 2023 4:05 PM CDT
Trump Says He Faces Up to 561 Years in Prison
He sends out fundraising email after latest indictment
- Donald Trump, who was indicted for the third time on Tuesday, asked his supporters for money Wednesday, saying he could face more than 500 years in prison. "With Crooked Joe's corrupt DOJ having unlawfully INDICTED yours truly yet again, reports indicate that I could now face a combined...
Billionaire 2024 Hopeful:
Donate $1, Get $20
Jul 11, 2023 8:47 AM CDT
Billionaire 2024 Hopeful: Donate $1, Get $20
North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum hopes pricey strategy will land him a spot in GOP debate
- Donate as little as $1 to the presidential campaign of North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum and you'll be rewarded with a $20 gift card. It's all part of what Politico reports is "a bold and expensive" fundraising strategy Burgum hopes will get him a spot on the...
Herschel Walker Tries to Flip
Badge Brouhaha in His Favor
Oct 18, 2022 10:20 AM CDT
Herschel Walker Tries to Flip Badge Brouhaha in His Favor
Campaign of GOP Senate candidate from Ga. has ordered 1K plastic badges to use as fundraising tool
- By now, many of us have seen the moment when Herschel Walker whipped out an honorary deputy sheriff's badge during his debate Friday with Raphael Warnock as they both vie for a seat in the US Senate out of Georgia. Walker took heat from one of the moderators for...
Trump Donors Respond
to Push After FBI Search
Aug 17, 2022 7:40 PM CDT
Trump Donors Respond to Push After FBI Search
PAC stepped up emails, and donations topped $1M on at least 2 days
- "They're coming after YOU," one email said. "They broke into my home," said another in all caps. Those were among the fundraising solicitations former President Donald Trump sent to supporters in the immediate aftermath of the FBI search of his Florida home last week. Trump'...
Offers $5.8K NFT
Dec 27, 2021 2:29 PM CST
Senate Candidate Offers $5.8K NFT
Blake Masters' token comes with party invite
- A Republican Senate candidate in Arizona is hoping to raise more than $570,000—and highlight his Silicon Valley connections—with an NFT. Blake Masters tells Axios that he hopes to gain support "from folks who are less conventional political donors and more founders and builders who want to...
Marjorie Taylor Greene's
Q1 Fundraising Haul Is Wild
Apr 7, 2021 12:37 PM CDT
Marjorie Taylor Greene's Q1 Fundraising Haul Is Wild
She thanks more than 100K donors
- In her first few months in office, freshman Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene has attacked fellow Republicans , been mocked for supporting wild conspiracy theories like "Jewish space lasers" starting wildfires, and been kicked off two House committee. A lot of donors apparently liked what they saw. Sources tell Politico that...
The Way Trump Called for
Donations Raised Eyebrows
Mar 3, 2021 11:57 AM CST
The Way Trump Called for Donations Raised Eyebrows
That's because on Sunday he encouraged loyalists to give directly to him
- "Trump needs you," one fundraising email implored. "President Trump's Legacy is in your hands," another pleaded. While some Republicans grapple with how fiercely to embrace the former president, the organizations charged with raising money for the party are going all in. The Republican National Committee...
Got the Money
to Win Races
Nov 9, 2020 10:40 AM CST
Abrams: We've Got the Money to Win Races in Georgia
Fate of the Senate may come down to state's 2 runoff elections in January
- Stacey Abrams has been winning widespread praise among Democrats after the race in Georgia was called in Joe Biden's favor, even if victory won't be certain until a recount takes place . Now the former gubernatorial candidate is in the spotlight again as she leads Democratic fundraising efforts for...
Lindsey Graham's Been
Pleading for Cash. It's Paid Off
Oct 23, 2020 11:54 AM CDT
Lindsey Graham's Been Pleading for Cash. It's Paid Off
GOP senator from SC raised $1M or so a day for first 2 weeks in October
- Lindsey Graham has continued to rake in campaign cash in the closing days of his bid for a fourth term, raising about $1 million a day for the first two weeks of October. Early Friday, Graham's campaign said it had raised nearly $15 million in the first half of...
Oct 22, 2020 6:04 PM CDT
Chachi Doesn't Like This
Scott Baio slams fellow cast members for online show to benefit Democrats
- The Fonz will be there. So will Richie, Potsie, Ralph, and Mrs. C. Chachi, though, will be noticeably absent from an upcoming
reunion, and it's all about politics. As
reports, some of the big names from the old sitcom are getting together on Sunday for...
Oct 15, 2020 10:19 AM CDT
For Biden, Another Huge Cash Haul
With $383M fundraising draw, that means campaign, DNC raised $750M in 2 months
- Fox News calls it an "eye-popping." CNN calls it "colossal." Whatever you call it, Joe Biden and the Democratic National Committee have smashed their fundraising record, with $383 million raised in September. That's the highest monthly fundraising total yet, besting the $364.5 million...
For Trump Campaign,
a Surprising 'Cash Crunch'
Sep 8, 2020 12:52 PM CDT
For Trump Campaign, a Surprising 'Cash Crunch'
President weighs putting $100M of his own money into the race, per Bloomberg
- Candidate Trump spent $66 million of his own money on the 2016 campaign. President Trump might make the unusual move of pouring even more of his own money into the 2020 race, reports Bloomberg . Trump is considering a personal outlay of up to $100 million, an unprecedented expense for an...
Biden Sees Another
Edge in 'Highly Unusual'
Jul 2, 2020 11:15 AM CDT
Biden Sees Another Edge in 'Highly Unusual' Fundraising Season
Former VP brings in $10M more than Trump in June, $16M more in 2nd quarter
- In May, Joe Biden brought in $7 million more than President Trump in fundraising cash. In June, the former VP continued that streak, and then some. Per the Hill , Biden's team announced Wednesday it had, in conjunction with the DNC and its shared fundraising committees, brought in $10 million...
Trump Raised $74M in May.
Biden Raced Past That
Jun 20, 2020 8:30 AM CDT
Trump Raised $74M in May. Biden Raced Past That
Despite ex-VP's $81M haul, president still has sizable advantage in cash on hand
- President Trump was outraised by Joe Biden in May, taking in $74 million for his reelection, but he maintains a sizable advantage in cash on hand over the presumptive Democratic nominee. The pro-Trump effort, which includes fundraising by the Republican National Committee, on Saturday reported its total days after Biden...
In Graham's Re-Election
Bid, a Fundraising Surprise
Apr 16, 2020 11:22 AM CDT
In Graham's Re-Election Bid, a Fundraising Surprise
Democratic challenger Jaime Harrison outraises the South Carolina incumbent
- Lindsey Graham raised an impressive $5.6 million for his re-election campaign in the first three months of the year, behind only fellow Sens. Mitch McConnell and Martha McSally. But in a surprise, Graham's Democratic challenger in South Carolina raised even more—$7.3 million, reports the
Attending Trump's Saturday
Fundraiser Will Really Cost You
Feb 14, 2020 6:25 AM CST
Attending Trump's Saturday Fundraiser Will Really Cost You
Entry fee for new Trump fundraiser this weekend: $580K per couple
- President Trump has been to nearly 50 "intimate gatherings" with top-level GOP donors over the past two-plus years, per estimates by the
—but his latest will be his steepest of those fundraisers so far. Billionaire Nelson Peltz is the host, Peltz's estate in Palm Beach,...
Feb 6, 2020 4:15 PM CST
As Rivals Struggle, Sanders Raises $25M
Fundraising provides a clear victory as rivals cut spending
- While Sen. Bernie Sanders remains tied, more or less, atop the Iowa caucus results, he finished January far ahead of the field in fundraising. The presidential candidate raised $25 million last month, his best so far. That's more than any of his rivals collected in a full quarter last...
Bernie Sanders Smokes
Rivals on Fundraising
Jan 2, 2020 9:40 AM CST
Bernie Sanders Smokes Rivals on Fundraising
He pulls in $34.5M in 4th quarter, far more than anyone else
- Bernie Sanders just had the best fundraising quarter of any Democratic candidate in 2019: He pulled in $34.5 million in the final three months of the year, reports NBC News . The big number, raised mainly through small donations online, might deliver a "financial jolt" in the Democratic race...
Dec 23, 2019 11:26 AM CST
Attendee of 'Wine Cave' Fundraiser Explains
It was far from a gathering of billionaires, writes one participant at Buttigieg event
- It was one of the big moments from the last Democratic debate. Elizabeth Warren took note of a Pete Buttigieg fundraiser and declared, "Billionaires in wine caves should not pick the next president of the United States." Now, in an op-ed in the
, one of the...
10 Days Ago,
the End Was Nigh
for Castro. Then
He Made Bank
Nov 1, 2019 1:05 PM CDT
10 Days Ago, the End Was Nigh for Castro. Then He Made Bank
Candidate is staying in 2020 presidential race after campaign surpasses $800K fundraising goal
- On Oct. 21, former HUD Secretary and now Democratic presidential candidate Julian Castro sent a dire-sounding email to supporters , declaring that if he couldn't raise $800,000 by month's end, he'd have to throw in the towel on his run for the Oval Office. On Friday, news...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
He Had Headaches for Months. Doctors Made a Surprising Find
Congresswoman in Testy Exchange Over Hamas Rapes
Spotify Staffers Walk Into Bad News on Monday
GOP Race Sees Another Contender Drop Out
Liz Cheney Recounts 4 Words From Her Father
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.