Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Murder Suspect Snagged
in Hotel Quarantine
Nov 26, 2021 10:40 AM CST
Murder Suspect Snagged in Hotel Quarantine
Taiwan requests China extradite man
- A murder suspect who fled from Taiwan to China may have made himself an easy target for authorities as he's now under a mandatory 14-day hotel quarantine. The few travelers admitted to China must spend at least 14 days in quarantine as part of efforts to combat the spread...
NY State Trooper Indicted for
Murder of 11-Year-Old Girl
Oct 28, 2021 8:21 AM CDT
NY State Trooper Indicted for Murder of 11-Year-Old Girl
Family of Monica Goods says she was killed after high-speed chase by Christopher Baldner
- A week before she turned 12, Monica Goods was killed on the New York State Thruway last winter after her family's car flipped over and threw her from the vehicle. Now, a New York State Trooper has been charged with murder, with Monica's family claiming Christopher Baldner rammed...
He Left Home
Oct 22, 2021 12:52 PM CDT
Laundrie Lawyer: He Left Home 'Extremely Upset'
According to Brian Laundrie's parents, says attorney Steven Bertolino
- On Thursday, the FBI confirmed that remains found in a Florida preserve were those of Brian Laundrie, the person of interest in the death of his fiancee, Gabby Petito . After the announcement of that development, Steven Bertolino, the Laundrie family's attorney, began revealing more info about what went down...
Nikolas Cruz Admits Anxiety as
He Pleads Guilty to Massacre
Oct 20, 2021 9:45 AM CDT
Nikolas Cruz Admits Anxiety as He Pleads Guilty to Massacre
Parkland shooter admits to 17 counts of murder, 17 of attempted murder
- Nikolas Cruz pleaded guilty to murder on Wednesday in the 2018 high school massacre in Parkland, Fla., that left 17 dead. Cruz, 23, entered his plea after answering a long list of questions from Circuit Judge Elizabeth Scherer aimed at confirming his mental competency. Local 10 reports he did tell...
Man Who Killed
Oct 15, 2021 9:15 AM CDT
Man Who Killed Ex-Wife During Livestream Gets Death Sentence
Chinese vlogger Lhamo died 2 weeks after being doused with gas, set on fire
- A man who murdered his ex-wife last year by setting her on fire, all while she was livestreaming, has heard his fate in a Chinese intermediate people's court. The
reports Tang Lu was on Thursday convicted of killing 30-year-old Lhamo, a vlogger and social media influencer, while...
15 Years After Murder of 'Canes
Star, Teammate Is Arrested
Sep 17, 2021 12:21 PM CDT
15 Years After Murder of 'Canes Star, Teammate Is Arrested
Rashaun Jones pleads not guilty in 2006 slaying of University of Miami player Bryan Pata
A former player on the University of Miami football team has pleaded not guilty to killing a teammate in 2006. Raushan Jones, 35, is currently charged with second-degree murder in the slaying of Bryan Pata, 22, though that could eventually be bumped up to a first-degree count. Our original...
To Arrest a
in case you missed it
Aug 22, 2021 7:00 PM CDT
To Arrest a Murder Suspect, All Detectives Wore Levi's
1981 murder victim had worked for Levi Strauss
- Michael Glazebrook, accused of killing his neighbor in Monterey County, Calif., in 1981, escaped his 1983 murder trial scot-free when the jury failed to reach a unanimous verdict and the district attorney chose to forgo a retrial. Forty years later, a new trial will finally come. Glazebrook was arrested for...
Robert Durst: Yes, I Wrote
the Infamous 'Cadaver Note'
Aug 17, 2021 10:10 AM CDT
Robert Durst: Yes, I Wrote the Infamous 'Cadaver Note'
Admits it's 'difficult to believe' he wrote tipoff note but didn't kill Susan Berman
- Murder suspect Robert Durst admitted for the first time Monday something that those following the case probably already knew—he wrote what has come to be known as the "cadaver note." The note has long been a key piece of evidence in the case of Susan Berman, a...
She Could've Gotten
Life. What Prosecutors
Sought Made Her Faint
in case you missed it
Jun 27, 2021 11:55 AM CDT
She Could've Gotten Life. What Prosecutors Sought Made Her Faint
Frenchwoman Valerie Bacot collapses in court on Friday
- A Frenchwoman on trial for murdering her abusive husband , who was her abusive stepfather before he forced her to marry him, collapsed in court Friday after hearing how long prosecutors were asking for her to spend in prison. Valerie Bacot, now 40, could have seen life in prison after admitting...
He Was Her Stepdad, Then Her
Husband. Now, a Murder Trial
Jun 21, 2021 12:38 PM CDT
He Was Her Stepdad, Then Her Husband. Now, a Murder Trial
More than 600K call for release of Valerie Bacot, who says Daniel Polette abused her for 24 years
- The trial of a Frenchwoman who allegedly shot her husband to death started Monday, and the suspect herself says she deserves to be punished. But Valerie Bacot's story has infuriated activists on domestic violence who say she should be given her freedom, as her husband was also her stepfather,...
Grills His Own
Young Son in Court
Jun 17, 2021 9:12 AM CDT
Murder Suspect Grills His Own Young Son in Court
'You stabbed me,' 11-year-old tells dad acting as his own lawyer and cross-examining the boy
- An 11-year-old witness to the murder of his mom and older sister testified this week in the trial of the first-degree murder suspect, who's also accused of stabbing the boy, dousing him in gasoline, and setting him, and the boy's home, on fire. The suspect, Ronnie Oneal III,...
Suspect in Wife's
in Her Name
May 14, 2021 2:14 PM CDT
Suspect in Wife's Death Cast Fake Ballot in Her Name
Barry Morphew told investigators he was sure she would have voted for Trump
- A Colorado man suspected in the death of his wife , who disappeared on Mother's Day 2020, is also accused of submitting a fraudulent vote on her behalf for Donald Trump in November's presidential election, newly released court documents show. Barry Morphew told investigators he mailed the ballot on...
Apr 3, 2021 6:00 AM CDT
Capitol Attack Suspect Identified
Law enforcement says Noah Green, 25, rammed his car into barrier, killing Capitol Police officer
- Police say the suspect in Friday's attack on Capitol Police that left one officer dead and another injured wasn't previously known to them, but more details are now trickling out. Per
and other media outlets , law enforcement sources have identified the suspect, who was shot dead...
in Boulder Massacre
Mar 23, 2021 11:00 AM CDT
21-Year-Old Charged in Boulder Massacre
Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa charged with 10 counts of murder; victims ranged in age from 20 to 65
- Police in Boulder have identified the suspected gunman in Monday's mass shooting , though they're still not speculating about a motive. The alleged shooter at the King Soopers supermarket is 21-year-old Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa from nearby Arvada, Colo., report the
. Boulder County...
UK Women After Cop
Charged With Murder:
'Enough Is Enough'
Mar 13, 2021 6:30 AM CST
UK Women After Cop Charged With Murder: 'Enough Is Enough'
Widespread harassment cited as police officer Wayne Couzens is accused of killing Sarah Everard
- The Metropolitan Police officer suspected of killing Sarah Everard has been hit with murder and kidnapping charges. Wayne Couzens, accused of abducting the 33-year-old marketing executive as she walked home from a friend's house in London on March 3, will appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on Saturday, reports the...
Error Leads to
Release from Jail
Mar 10, 2021 4:16 PM CST
Error Leads to Murder Suspect's Release from Jail
Authorities in LA County are searching for Steven Manzo
- A murder suspect is at large in Southern California after he was mistakenly released from jail, NBC reports. Steven Manzo, 24, was released from a detention center in Lynwood following a court hearing during which the charges against him were dropped and immediately refiled, apparently leading to confusion about Manzo’...
Ahmaud Arbery Suspects
Want One Word Off Limits
Jan 4, 2021 10:05 AM CST
Ahmaud Arbery Suspects Want One Word Off Limits
They ask judge to prevent prosecutors from calling Arbery a 'victim' during trial
- When the trial of the father and son accused of murdering Ahmaud Arbery gets underway, the pair don't want jurors to hear one particular word in the courtroom: "victim." In a motion filed last week, lawyers for Gregory and Travis McMichael asked a judge to bar prosecutors...
Cops: Man Gunned
Down Teen Worker at
Nov 4, 2020 9:05 AM CST
Cops: Man Gunned Down Teen Worker at McDonald's Drive-Thru
Justin Michael Mullis, 24, charged after apparently random shooting of Kylee Leniz, 16, in Nevada
- In what appears to be a random crime, a Nevada man is in custody and accused of fatally shooting a teen worker at McDonald's over the weekend. Police say that 16-year-old Kylee Leniz died after being shot at the restaurant in Elko on Sunday night, and 24-year-old Justin Michael...
Cops: Stalker Waited 90 Mins.
for Pregnant Woman, Shot Her
Nov 2, 2020 8:31 AM CST
Cops: Stalker Waited 90 Mins. for Pregnant Woman, Shot Her
Remy Lee gave birth to a healthy baby before dying of her injuries
- A pregnant woman fatally ambushed outside a New Jersey apartment building gave birth to a healthy baby before she died, police say. Per NBC New York , prosecutors allege that Donqua Thomas, 30, arrived at the Brooks-Sloate Terrace complex in Paterson on Thursday afternoon and waited in his vehicle for 90...
After Grisly CEO Murder, Cops
Think They Have Their Man
Jul 17, 2020 10:33 AM CDT
After Grisly CEO Murder, Cops Think They Have Their Man
Police believe Tyrese Devon Haspil, 21, may have killed Fahim Saleh over discovery of embezzlement
- An arrest has been made in the gruesome Manhattan murder of 33-year-old tech entrepreneur Fahim Saleh. Two officials tell the
New York Times
that 21-year-old Tyrese Devon Haspil, Saleh's personal assistant, was taken into custody Friday morning and is expected to be charged with second-degree murder, as well as...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Generals Lied About Jan. 6, Ex-DC Guard Official Charges
Suicide Pod Can Be Used in Switzerland
Black Couple 'Whitewashed' Home, Saw Appraisal Jump
Chief of Staff: Trump's Blood Oxygen Level Hit 86%
Syria's Biggest Export May Surprise You
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.