Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Read the latest news stories about dumb criminals on Newser.com
Stories 21 - 40 |
Wanted: This Guy, and
'No, We Are Not Kidding'
Dec 18, 2019 8:07 AM CST
Wanted: This Guy, and 'No, We Are Not Kidding'
California thief made off with $500 from artist, but not his own caricature
- A caricature out of California either shows the most confident thief ever, or a very stupid one. Police in Riverside are asking anyone who recognizes the caricature to reach out—"and no, we are not kidding"—after the man pictured robbed the artist of $500 in cash. The...
Pot. So He Called
the Cops on Them
Sep 6, 2019 1:00 PM CDT
Cops Allegedly Confiscated His Pot. So He Called the Cops on Them
He was quite irate (and wrong) during his conversation with an Ohio police sergeant
- A man confused about Ohio drug laws called a police department demanding that officers return the small amount of marijuana they "stole" from him, per the AP . WXIX reports the man told a Sharonville police dispatcher in an expletive-laced call Tuesday that it's legal to possess 100 grams...
Suspect Gives Up Hiding
Spot With Ill-Timed Outburst
Jul 10, 2019 8:37 AM CDT
Suspect Gives Up Hiding Spot With Ill-Timed Outburst
Missouri cops catch a lucky break thanks to a loud fart
- A suspect in Missouri wanted for possession of a controlled substance is likely regretting recent food choices after loud farting revealed his or her hiding spot near Liberty, Fox News reports. "If you've got a felony warrant for your arrest, the cops are looking for you and you...
Uber Driver Reports
Would-Be Bank Robbers
Feb 8, 2019 12:01 AM CST
Uber Driver Reports Would-Be Bank Robbers
They also called an Uber for a getaway
- Things did not work out well for three Oklahoma City teenagers who allegedly planned to rob a bank—using Uber as transportation. Police say the Uber driver who took the teens to the bank Tuesday afternoon called authorities after hearing one of them say he had a gun and was...
Alleged Theft at Cop Station
Goes as Well as You'd Expect
Jan 3, 2019 11:55 AM CST
Alleged Theft at Cop Station Goes as Well as You'd Expect
Would-be bike thief caught within seconds: police
- The words "Gladstone Police" printed in large letters on a window next to a bicycle rack wasn't enough of a deterrent for an alleged thief, whom Oregon officers accuse of trying to steal a bike right from under their noses. A surveillance video shared Monday on Facebook —...
Crocs-Wearing Guy Jumps Into
Croc Pond at Gator Farm
Nov 7, 2018 12:24 PM CST
Crocs-Wearing Guy Jumps Into Croc Pond at Gator Farm
Yes, this story happened in Florida
- Try saying this five times fast: A guy wearing Crocs jumped into the crocodile pond at an alligator farm. Namely, St. Augustine's Alligator Farm Zoological Park in, yes, Florida. A 23-year-old man was arrested after allegedly breaking into the park Monday night and deciding to take a swim in...
Store Owner Tells Robbers to
Come Back Later. They Did
Oct 24, 2018 9:00 AM CDT
Store Owner Tells Robbers to Come Back Later. They Did
Belgian buffoons came back twice; the second time, the cops were there
- They're either the world's most accommodating criminals, the greediest, the most optimistic, or the dumbest—or maybe all of the above. The BBC reports on 15 tense minutes Saturday for a Belgian e-cigarette shop owner, identified simply as Didier, when a half-dozen wannabe armed robbers showed up midafternoon...
Hurls Brick, the
Brick Hits Back
Oct 3, 2018 9:30 AM CDT
Wannabe Burglar Hurls Brick, the Brick Hits Back
He's being called the 'Bad Luck Bandit'
- Either he didn't know he was facing bulletproof glass, or he didn't quite know what happens when you throw something at bulletproof glass. Either way, a guy who broke into a Maryland takeout restaurant on Sept. 20 was likely nursing a nasty head bump the next day. NBC...
Thieves' Scheme to Steal
Pot a Hilarious Flop
Sep 27, 2018 8:45 AM CDT
Thieves' Scheme to Steal Pot a Hilarious Flop
They got oregano instead from Colorado Springs shop
- The heist went exactly as planned: Overnight thieves drove a stolen van right through the front doors of a marijuana shop in Colorado Springs, grabbed as much pot as they could carry, abandoned the van, and fled in a getaway vehicle, reports the
Colorado Springs Gazette
. The only hitch? All...
Dumb Old Faithful Stunt
Gets Visitor Arrested
Sep 18, 2018 11:00 AM CDT
Dumb Old Faithful Stunt Gets Visitor Arrested
Man walks right up to it, which is against the rules, and appears to urinate in it
- Taunting a bison is not only unwise, it will land you in legal trouble at Yellowstone . The same applies to tempting fate near Old Faithful. An unidentified man has been charged with multiple offenses, including going off-trail in a thermal area, after he appeared to urinate in the famous hot-spring...
Runs Out of Gas
Sep 14, 2018 2:31 PM CDT
Attempted Robbery Runs Out of Gas
When his car wouldn't go, the robber tried to flee on foot
- Robbing a Store 101: Take the money and run—but not before checking your getaway car's gas tank, per the AP . Authorities say a man's bid to rob a Pittsburgh pharmacy was foiled because his car had no gas. Police say 39-year-old Anthony Scolieri fled the pharmacy Wednesday...
Mom's Facebook Claim About
Abduction Attempt a Lie: Cops
Aug 12, 2018 5:00 PM CDT
Mom's Facebook Claim About Abduction Attempt a Lie: Cops
Chelsie Hendel allegedly posted a live video about a crime that never happened
- An Ohio mom's Facebook video about the attempted abduction of her child in a Walmart parking lot was all made up, per local authorities. Chelsie Hendel was arrested Friday after the Marion County Sheriff's Office says the 27-year-old mother recorded a live video about her experience in the...
Would-Be Bank Robber Balks,
Asks to Open Account Instead
Aug 1, 2018 10:55 AM CDT
Would-Be Bank Robber Balks, Asks to Open Account Instead
Unfortunately, he was lacking the proper ID to do so
- A would-be bank robber turned into a would-be bank customer Friday afternoon, police say. The suspect walked into a Bayonne, NJ, bank and handed a teller a note demanding "all the money." But as the teller read the note, he snatched it back and said he wanted to...
Cops Have Easiest
Suspect Chase Ever
Jul 17, 2018 7:35 AM CDT
Cops Have Easiest Suspect Chase Ever
They recognize fleeing motorcyclist, go to his home and wait
- It might be one of the easiest police chases in the books. Police in West Jordan, Utah, say a motorcyclist took off during a routine traffic stop, and the officer involved started following him briefly before cutting off the chase, reports News4Utah . The motorcyclist identified as Brandon Briggs, 38, may...
Woman Busts Naked Intruder
in Tub, Munching Her Cheetos
Apr 20, 2018 8:00 AM CDT
Woman Busts Naked Intruder in Tub, Munching Her Cheetos
Evelyn Washington charged before she could finish her snack
- Police in Louisiana say a woman came home to discover a naked stranger in her tub, eating her Cheetos while taking a bath, reports the AP . A Monroe police affidavit says 29-year-old Evelyn Washington was arrested on burglary and property damage charges. The
Fort Worth Star-Telegram
reports that Washington was...
Cops: Alleged Car Thief
Drives Stolen Car to Court
Mar 8, 2018 10:29 AM CST
Cops: Alleged Car Thief Drives Stolen Car to Court
And voila, new charges
- Bad habits: Police say a man answering to a stolen-car charge drove a stolen car to court in Connecticut. Authorities say 25-year-old Jonathan Rivera was at Hartford Superior Court on Wednesday to appear before a judge on a charge of first-degree larceny and tampering with a motor vehicle from February....
Lucky Lotto Ticket Not So
Lucky for This Florida Clerk
Jan 26, 2018 8:06 AM CST
Lucky Lotto Ticket Not So Lucky for This Florida Clerk
She allegedly gave undercover agent just $5 as his winnings, kept winning ticket for herself
- A lucky lottery ticket turned out to be not so lucky for a Florida store clerk, who's accused of stealing it from a "customer." The reason "customer" is in quotes is because, per the
Miami Herald ,
he was actually an undercover agent for the Florida Lottery...
Cops: Suspect Took Cab
Away From Bank Robbery
Jan 25, 2018 4:07 AM CST
Cops: Suspect Took Cab Away From Bank Robbery
'Getaway driver' called police after seeing photo
- Police in West Virginia say a suspected bank robber was captured after taking a cab to the heist. Ryan Michael Stepanian was arrested in Monday's robbery of a Charles Town bank and another bank heist Friday in nearby Ranson, the AP reports. Cab driver George Lyon says he took...
Cops: Doughnut-Eating Champ
Robbed Doughnut Store
Jan 22, 2018 3:44 AM CST
Cops: Doughnut-Eating Champ Robbed Doughnut Store
NC man was arrested after winning 2014 contest
- Doughnuts and arrests appear to be inextricably linked in the life of North Carolina man Bradley Hardison. The 27-year-old—who was arrested in 2014 after he won the doughnut-eating contest at the Elizabeth City Police Department's National Night Out Against Crime event, helping officers who'd been seeking him...
When Driving Getaway Car,
Be Sure to Do it on a Full Tank
Dec 10, 2017 6:07 AM CST
When Driving Getaway Car, Be Sure to Do it on a Full Tank
Georgia men made it 2 miles down the road after alleged robbery, ran out of gas
- Police say a getaway car ran out of gas after an armed robbery near Atlanta, leading to the speedy arrest of two suspects. Gwinnett County police Cpl. Michele Pihera says 18-year-old Najee Logan and 21-year-old Justin Larry were charged with armed robbery after their arrest early Tuesday after officers found...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Archbishop to Pelosi: No More Communion for You
2 Secret Service Employees Sent Home From Biden's Trip
Finland Won't Pay Gas Company in Rubles. Russia Hits Back
Topless Anti-Russia Protester Crashes Cannes
Suspects' Mercedes-Benz Getting Loads of Attention
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.