Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Loses 16 Pounds,
Dyes Hair for Met Gala
May 3, 2022 7:07 AM CDT
Kim Kardashian Loses 16 Pounds, Dyes Hair for Met Gala
She turned herself into Marilyn Monroe, including the actual 'Happy Birthday' dress
- Kim Kardashian underwent a major transformation for Monday night's Met Gala look—she lost 16 pounds in three weeks in order to fit into an iconic dress once worn by Marilyn Monroe, and then, on the day before the Metropolitan Museum of Art's annual Costume Institute benefit gala,...
AOC's Met Gala Dress
Has a Message
Sep 14, 2021 6:46 AM CDT
AOC's Met Gala Dress Has a Message
Congresswoman wore dress reading 'tax the rich' to Monday's high-society event
- The Met Gala red carpet was dotted with political messages, including from Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Attending her first high-society Met Gala, where tickets reportedly cost $35,000, the New York congresswoman wore a floor-length white gown with the words "tax the rich" emblazoned on the back in red. "...
The Nicki Minaj
Met Gala Vaccination
Twitter Mess, Explained
Sep 14, 2021 12:00 AM CDT
The Nicki Minaj Met Gala Vaccination Twitter Mess, Explained
Minaj did not actually skip the Met Gala due to vaccine requirement, she says
- Nicki Minaj was not at the Met Gala on Monday night, and there was much Twitter drama over why exactly she declined to attend. It started when she tweeted Monday, "They want you to get vaccinated for the Met. if I get vaccinated it won’t for the Met....
Crazy Outfits Abound
at 'Camp' Met Gala
May 7, 2019 6:04 AM CDT
Crazy Outfits Abound at 'Camp' Met Gala
Katy Perry turned up dressed as a chandelier
- The theme was "camp" at this year's Met Gala and co-chair Lady Gaga once again had one of the most eye-catching outfits at one of the fashion world's biggest events of the year. Make that four outfits—the singer started out in a billowing pink outfit, then...
Why You Shouldn't
Hate on Tom Brady's
Met Gala Get-Up
May 8, 2018 4:13 PM CDT
Why You Shouldn't Hate on Tom Brady's Met Gala Get-Up
'Every time someone can smash a gender norm, the world gets a little bit better'
- Tom Brady showed up at the Met Gala, famous for attendees in extravagant outfits , wearing a tuxedo with gold embroidery on the lapels—and the internet can't stop mocking him for it, writes Brian J. White in the
, where he implores everyone to stop making fun of...
Elon Musk Brings 'Unexpected'
Date to Met Gala
May 8, 2018 5:33 AM CDT
Elon Musk Brings 'Unexpected' Date to Met Gala
46-year-old SpaceX founder reportedly dating 30-year-old musician Grimes
calls them "perhaps the most unexpected couple" to show up at the Met Gala on Monday evening, and Elon Musk and Grimes certainly caused some buzz on the red carpet. Now people are wondering if the SpaceX/Tesla founder, 46, and 30-year-old Canadian musician are an actual...
This Year's Most
Met Gala Looks
May 8, 2018 12:31 AM CDT
This Year's Most Eye-Catching Met Gala Looks
Divine designs was the theme
- Divine designs floated up the red carpet at Monday's religion-themed Met Gala in shimmering golds, reds, and fuchsia; in crowns and in crosses; and even a pair of giant wings. One lesson of the night: If anyone can make a mitre modern, it's Rihanna. The Grammy-winning artist arrived...
Met Gala Looks
May 2, 2017 1:52 AM CDT
10 Most Eye-Popping Met Gala Looks
Rihanna declared 'queen of the ball'
- High fashion was on display once again at the Met Gala Monday night, and it was all about avant-garde this year, in tribute to honoree Rei Kawakubo, the 74-year-old Japanese creator of the Comme des Garcons label. Some of the most talked-about looks at one of the ritziest nights on...
Way Too Much
at Met Gala
May 3, 2016 6:07 AM CDT
Madonna Bares Way Too Much at Met Gala
Katy Perry brought her Tamagotchi
- Madonna proved once again that pants are optional as she bared her butt cheeks and most of her breasts on the red carpet of the Met Gala on Monday. Surprisingly, the little clothing she did wear made it "hard to pee," she told
. Keeping with the tech...
6 Most Talked-About
Met Gala Outfits
May 5, 2015 6:03 AM CDT
6 Most Talked-About Met Gala Outfits
A flaming headdress, a Star Wars-like hood...
- The Met Gala was last night, meaning celebrities had a chance to dress up in totally crazy outfits and vie for headlines the next day. Six of the most talked-about costumes:
showed up—two hours late—in a mostly see-through (with the exception of some well-placed ... confetti?) dress, prompting
Looks at the
May 6, 2014 2:00 AM CDT
9 Buzziest Looks at the Met Gala
Including a rare fashion misstep from Lupita Nyong'o
- Last night's annual Costume Institute gala at New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art featured, as it usually does, quite a few dramatic dress choices. The theme this year honored
editor Anna Wintour and Charles James, a British-born designer "who revolutionized American fashion in the mid-20th century,...
Met Gala 'So Un-Fun'
May 9, 2013 8:47 AM CDT
Gwyneth Deems Met Gala 'So Un-Fun'
Apparently Costume Institute event did not live up to Paltrow's expectations
- Apparently not even her bright pink gown could cheer up Gwyneth Paltrow at the Met costume gala . According to
, the World's Most Beautiful Woman panned the swanky party as "so un-fun." In a quote that is attributed to her but thin in terms of details...
Met Gala Look:
May 7, 2013 10:03 AM CDT
Madonna's Met Gala Look: No Pants
Plus: Tiger and Lindsey make romantic debut
- Last night was the Metropolitan Museum of Art's annual Costume Institute gala, and you know what that means: Madonna showed up wearing no pants, Anne Hathaway showed up with bleached blonde hair, Kristen Stewart showed up with sad raccoon eyes and a matador pantsuit, and Kim Kardashian showed up...
of Met Gala:
Tom Brady's Hair
May 8, 2012 11:03 AM CDT
Weirdest Part of Met Gala: Tom Brady's Hair
And other fashion travesties...
- TMZ has a theory on the ridiculous hairstyle Tom Brady was sporting last night at the Met Costume Institute Gala: It must have been Gisele Bundchen's idea. Or perhaps what
describes as "a freshly slicked semi faux hawk that slanted to the right" is just the...
May 5, 2010 9:52 AM CDT
Lady Gaga: Sick With Stage Fright?
Oprah has to coax singer out of dressing room
- Lady Gaga is nothing if not consistent when it comes to providing bizarre behavior for the rest of the world to gossip about. The latest installation: On Monday night, she refused to walk the red carpet at the Met’s Costume Institute Gala, then locked herself in her dressing room...
who wore a light-up dress?
May 4, 2010 8:45 AM CDT
Weird, Wonderful Met Costume Gala Looks
Sienna Miller looks skanky, but in a...good way?
- The annual Met Costume Gala is “the Oscars of Fashion,” writes Ted Casablanca for E! . But before we get to the best- and worst-dressed, it must be noted that last night’s event also marked the first time Sienna Miller and Jude Law walked the red carpet since...
Popular on Newser
5 Murders Since July May Be Work of Serial Killer
Suspiciously Heavy Fish Lead to Chaos at Tournament
High School Football Team Cancels Entire Season After 'Slave Auction'
Susan Collins: 'I Wouldn't Be Surprised' if a Lawmaker Is Killed
After Late-Night Fatal Crash, an iPhone Calls for Help
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.