Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Not Going to
Space After All
Mar 18, 2022 12:57 AM CDT
Pete Davidson Not Going to Space After All
After Blue Origin flight delayed, he can no longer make it
- Pete Davidson has bowed out of a short ride to space on a Jeff Bezos rocket. The
Saturday Night Live
star is no longer able to make the flight, which has been delayed for nearly a week, Bezos' space travel company said Thursday night. No other details were provided, the...
Pete Davidson Going
to Space This Month
Mar 14, 2022 10:40 AM CDT
Pete Davidson Going to Space This Month
His Blue Origin flight is scheduled for March 23
Pete Davidson may be fighting with Kanye West , but he's also going to space. Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin company said Monday that the
Saturday Night Live
star will be part of a six-person flight to the edge of space on March 23, reports NBC News .
Our original story
Bezos Rocket Launches
Strahan, 5 Others Into Space
Dec 11, 2021 9:17 AM CST
Bezos Rocket Launches Strahan, 5 Others Into Space
This was the third flight by Blue Origin
This file has been updated with the return flight.
Jeff Bezos’ rocket company, Blue Origin, launched its latest trip to space Saturday morning. The New Shepard rocket blasted off about 10am, and the crew returned safely to Earth in a capsule about 10 minutes later. Among the six people...
Nov 23, 2021 9:25 AM CST
Michael Strahan Is Going to Space
'Good Morning America' co-host will be a passenger on Blue Origin flight
Good Morning America
co-host Michael Strahan is going to space next month. The former NFL star, who turned 50 on Sunday, will join Laura Shepard Churchley, the eldest daughter of astronaut Alan Shepard, on the Dec. 9 mission aboard the Blue Origin rocket, per the AP . The New Shepard spacecraft...
Man Who Flew to Space With
Shatner Killed in Plane Crash
Nov 12, 2021 2:34 PM CST
Man Who Flew to Space With Shatner Killed in Plane Crash
Glen de Vries, 49, rode in Blue Origin rocket last month
- A man who traveled to space with William Shatner last month was killed along with another person when a small plane crashed in northern New Jersey, according to state police. Glen M. de Vries, 49, of New York City, and Thomas P. Fischer, 54, of Hopatcong, were aboard the single-engine...
Musk Pokes at Bezos After
Blue Origin Loses Lawsuit
Nov 5, 2021 5:11 AM CDT
Musk Pokes at Bezos After Blue Origin Loses Lawsuit
'You have been judged,' Musk quips
: Jeff Bezos' space company has lost a federal lawsuit against NASA over the decision earlier this year to award a lunar lander contract to SpaceX. The US Court of Federal Claims ruled against Blue Origin, which argued in the August lawsuit that NASA disregarded "key flight safety requirements"...
Shatner: Prince William
Is 'Lovely' but Wrong
Oct 15, 2021 6:55 AM CDT
Shatner: Prince William Is 'Lovely' but Wrong
He says Blue Origin voyages are 'baby steps' toward greater things after prince's criticism
: William Shatner says Prince William is a "lovely, gentle, educated man"—but he's got the "wrong idea" about space tourism. After the prince said the world's greatest minds should focus on fixing problems on Earth, Shatner told
that trips like his Wednesday...
William Shatner Is
Now Truly a Rocket Man
Oct 13, 2021 9:53 AM CDT
William Shatner Is Now Truly a Rocket Man
The 90-year-old blasted off on Wednesday
- William Shatner on Wednesday became the oldest person to go to space. After a couple of delays, CNN reports the 90-year-old blasted off from a West Texas launch site on an 11-minute up-and-down flight (with four of those minutes being weightless). He rode on Blue Origin's New Shepard...
Oct 12, 2021 9:09 AM CDT
Musk Widens Richie-Rich Gap, Trolls Bezos
SpaceX CEO tweets a silver medal at space race rival
- Elon Musk is pulling further ahead of Jeff Bezos as the world's richest man, and trolling all the way. Privately-held SpaceX saw its valuation rise to $100.3 billion this week as insiders agreed to sell up to $755 million in stock to new and existing investors at $560...
Blastoff Date Is Set
Oct 4, 2021 10:40 AM CDT
William Shatner's Blastoff Date Is Set
Blue Origin rocket will carry TV's Captain Kirk, age 90, into space on Oct. 12
We now have a launch date for William Shatner. The AP reports the
actor will blast off from West Texas on Oct. 12. "Yes, it's true; I'm going to be a 'rocket man!'" the nonagenarian tweeted Monday, adding , "It's...
Blue Origin Staff
Oct 1, 2021 6:44 AM CDT
Current, Former Blue Origin Staff Pen Scathing Essay
Former comms chief says Jeff Bezos' company ignores safety concerns
- "Blue Origin's culture sits on a foundation that ignores the plight of our planet, turns a blind eye to sexism, is not sufficiently attuned to safety concerns, and silences those who seek to correct wrongs." So claim 21 current and former employees of Jeff Bezos' spaceflight company...
a $2B Offer
Jul 27, 2021 7:57 AM CDT
Jeff Bezos Makes NASA a $2B Offer
Ex-Amazon CEO wants to again compete in moon race against SpaceX
- If Elon Musk thought he had the sole lock on building NASA's next lunar landing vehicle, there may be a new wrench in the works. In April, the space agency announced it was offering Musk's SpaceX a $2.9 billion contract to build the spacecraft that will take...
Astronaut? Not So Fast,
FAA Tells Bezos
Jul 24, 2021 8:51 AM CDT
Astronaut? Not So Fast, FAA Tells Bezos
Rule may exclude billionaire from high-flying club
- Jeff Bezos may have reached outer space, but the billionaire may never get to be officially dubbed an astronaut. Per BBC , the FAA announced its Commercial Astronaut Wings program the same day Bezos boarded his Blue Origin spaceship trained on the outer reaches of Earth's atmosphere. But rather than...
Bezos' Nod to
Does Not Go Over Well
Jul 21, 2021 8:16 AM CDT
Bezos' Nod to Amazon Workers Does Not Go Over Well
Space flight indulgence came as Amazon delivery drivers are without health insurance, critics say
- After his quick trip to space on Tuesday, Jeff Bezos had some people to thank. "I want to thank every Amazon employee, and every Amazon customer because you guys paid for all this," the world's richest man said at a news conference, per CBS News . That comment...
Bezos Says View of Earth
Changed His Priorities
Jul 20, 2021 12:41 PM CDT
Bezos Says View of Earth Changed His Priorities
Amazon's founder announces his recommitment to environment work
- Jeff Bezos has made plans and donations to combat the effects of climate change, but he's been criticized for not doing more, even by Amazon employees. Now that he's satisfied his space itch, Bezos said his focus will turn to environmental issues. He gained a new perspective up...
Bezos Touches Down
After Trip to Space
Jul 20, 2021 8:15 AM CDT
Bezos Touches Down After Trip to Space
He and 3 passengers lifted off on Blue Origin's debut flight
- Billionaire No. 2 has completed his trip to space. Jeff Bezos and three passengers blasted off on Tuesday from Texas aboard a Blue Origin rocket and returned safely about 10 minutes later. The flight, another crucial test for space tourism, follows the feat of Richard Branson . As the AP notes,...
Jeff Bezos' Flight
Will Last About 10 Minutes
Jul 20, 2021 6:58 AM CDT
Jeff Bezos' Flight Will Last About 10 Minutes
Amazon founder is launching Tuesday morning
- It's launch day for Jeff Bezos: In a rocket and capsule developed by the Amazon founder's private space company, Blue Origin, the billionaire will participate in the company's first crewed launch of the New Shepard on Tuesday. Some inevitable questions in the lead-up to the flight, and...
Bezos' Final Passenger
to Space Is a Teenager
Jul 15, 2021 12:53 PM CDT
Bezos' Final Passenger to Space Is a Teenager
Oliver Daemen will be the youngest person ever to make the trip
- When Jeff Bezos blasts off for space next week, the flight will be historic on two fronts that are polar opposites. His Blue Origin capsule will include the youngest and oldest people to fly to space, reports CNN . The company announced Thursday that the fourth and final passenger will be...
Richard Branson Got to Space.
Now Comes the Hard Part
Jul 12, 2021 10:55 AM CDT
Richard Branson Got to Space. Now Comes the Hard Part
Entrepreneur has to show space tourism is a viable business
- Richard Branson blasted off into space on Sunday and returned safe and sound, but the
Wall Street Journal
reports that perhaps a bigger challenge for Branson's Virgin Galactic company still lies ahead: Can it make space tourism a viable business? Jeff Bezos, of course, hopes to do the same...
Another Billionaire Will Get
to Space 9 Days Before Bezos
Jul 2, 2021 6:34 AM CDT
Another Billionaire Will Get to Space 9 Days Before Bezos
Richard Branson will be on July 11 flight
- Jeff Bezos is going on what he calls his " greatest adventure " on July 20—but the Amazon founder won't be able to claim the title of "first billionaire to go to space in his own spacecraft." Virgin Galactic founder Richard Branson announced Thursday that he...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
2 Deaths in the World of Music
Teen Has Heart Attack After Massive Horse Kick
10-Year-Old Survivor Describes Shooting
Slain Teacher's Husband Dies 2 Days After Her
Almost Everyone Has Now Pulled Out of NRA Concert
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.