Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Suit: United Staffs
Dodgers' Charters With
Young, White Blondes
Nov 2, 2023 11:05 AM CDT
Suit: United Staffs Dodgers' Charters With Young, White Blondes
2 longtime flight attendants accuse airline of race, age discrimination
- Two United Airlines flight attendants are suing their longtime employer, whom they allege discriminates against employees based on race, national origin, religion, and age. The plaintiffs claim they were demoted from the airline's sports team charter program—a highly coveted position in which flight attendants can earn double or...
Police Say Death of
Flight Attendant Is Suspicious
Sep 27, 2023 5:15 PM CDT
Police Say Death of Flight Attendant Is Suspicious
Woman was found dead in Philadelphia airport hotel
- Police in Philadelphia are investigating the death of a flight attendant whose body was found in a room at an airport hotel two days after she was supposed to check out. A Philadelphia Police Department spokesperson tells
that the 66-year-old American Airlines flight attendant was found with a...
This Isn't How a
Phone Is to Be Used
May 22, 2023 8:58 AM CDT
This Isn't How a Plane's Intercom Phone Is to Be Used
'Belligerent' Frontier passenger accused of striking flight attendant with phone
- A Frontier Airlines passenger headed from Colorado to Florida delayed her plane's trip to warmer climes and now has an arrest under her belt after a confrontation with a flight attendant. The airline says in a statement that the "belligerent" female passenger on Flight 708 from Denver to...
Flight Attendants' Spat
Ends in Tears, Flight Delay
Mar 16, 2023 2:00 AM CDT
Flight Attendants' Spat Ends in Tears, Flight Delay
SkyWest says it's conducting an internal investigation
- A disagreement between two flight attendants ended with both of them leaving the plane and a new flight crew having to be called in. American Airlines flight 4860, operated by SkyWest Airlines as American Eagle, was preparing to fly from Los Angeles to Houston on Saturday when, according to an...
Drug-Smuggling Plot Goes
Awry for Flight Attendant
in case you missed it
Dec 31, 2022 4:50 PM CST
Drug-Smuggling Plot Goes Awry for Flight Attendant
Terese White admits taping 3 lbs. to her abdomen, a tiny fraction of total fentanyl seized in US in 2022
- A flight attendant pleaded guilty last week to drug trafficking charges after being busted with 3 pounds of fentanyl taped to her body in San Diego International Airport. Per the
San Diego Union-Tribune ,
Terese L. White, 41, entered her plea in a San Diego federal courtroom. White is from Dallas,...
Virgin Atlantic's Uniform Update
Lets Crew Show 'True Identity'
Sep 28, 2022 11:24 AM CDT
Virgin Atlantic's Uniform Update Lets Crew Show 'True Identity'
Virgin Atlantic introduces gender-neutral skirts/trousers
- Airlines are known for their often-rigid rules around the uniforms their crew members wear, often leading to complaints that the garb is impractical, uncomfortable, and outdated. Virgin Atlantic is now attempting to remedy the "outdated" part by releasing a new policy that gets rid of "gendered uniform" requirements...
Extra-Hard Landing Leads to
Unusual Flight Attendant Injury
Aug 9, 2022 8:00 AM CDT
Extra-Hard Landing Leads to Unusual Flight Attendant Injury
Crew member on Southwest flight suffered broken back during rough touchdown in California
- A Southwest Airlines flight attendant suffered a compression fracture to a vertebra in her upper back during a hard landing last month in California, according to federal safety investigators. The National Transportation Safety Board said the impact of landing was so hard that the flight attendant thought the plane had...
Sentencing in Flight Attendant
Assault a 'Very Strong Message'
May 28, 2022 5:30 AM CDT
Sentencing in Flight Attendant Assault a 'Very Strong Message'
Vyvianna Quinonez gets 15 months in prison for punching Southwest crew member in face
- A California woman who punched a Southwest Airlines flight attendant in the face during a flight, breaking her teeth, has been sentenced to 15 months in federal prison. Vyvianna Quinonez was also ordered Tuesday by the federal judge in San Diego to pay nearly $26,000 in restitution and a...
Passenger Who Was
Taped to Seat After Groping
Flight Attendants Learns Fate
May 4, 2022 12:52 AM CDT
Passenger Who Was Taped to Seat After Groping Flight Attendants Learns Fate
Maxwell Berry got 60 days behind bars
The man who was duct-taped to his seat last year after groping two flight attendants on a Frontier Airlines flight and punching another was sentenced Tuesday. Max Berry, now 23, will spend 60 days in jail followed by a year of supervised release, ABC News reports. Berry pleaded guilty...
Delta Makes Big Move to
Keep Flight Attendants Happy
Apr 26, 2022 3:13 PM CDT
Delta Makes Big Move to Keep Flight Attendants Happy
Airline will be the first in the US to pay flight attendants during boarding
- Unlike most flight attendants at other major airlines, Delta Air Lines flight attendants aren't unionized—and the company may be trying to keep them that way with an offer to pay them during boarding, which would be a first for a US airline. Flight attendants are usually paid starting...
American Airlines 'Outraged'
After Alleged In-Flight Assault
Oct 28, 2021 5:01 AM CDT
American Airlines 'Outraged' After Alleged In-Flight Assault
Witnesses say attendant was punched in dispute over mask-wearing
- American Airlines says it is "outraged" by the actions of a passenger who allegedly assaulted a flight attendant on a Wednesday flight from New York City to California, causing the aircraft to be diverted to Denver. Witnesses say they saw staff duct-tape the passenger to a seat after he...
Yet Another Airline
Pulls Back on the Booze
Jun 3, 2021 7:51 AM CDT
Yet Another Airline Pulls Back on the Booze
United joins Southwest, American in limiting or suspending alcohol service over unruly passengers
- A third airline has hopped on the "curtail alcohol" bandwagon after a slew of increasingly aggressive in-flight incidents, many related to unruly passengers balking at having to wear face masks. Airlines in general had suspended serving alcohol during the pandemic to limit passenger-flight attendant interaction and prevent spreading the...
Flight Attendant Loses
2 Teeth in Assault
May 25, 2021 8:52 AM CDT
Flight Attendant Loses 2 Teeth in Assault
Southwest crew member hurt amid 'intolerable level' of passenger misconduct incidents
- A flight attendants union is pleading for more travel safeguards after an attack against a crew member on a Southwest flight over the weekend. Per a letter from Lyn Montgomery, president of Transport Workers Union Local 556, to the airline's CEO, a flight attendant was "seriously assaulted" by...
FAA: Told to Mask Up,
Passengers Got Physical
May 6, 2021 11:56 AM CDT
FAA: Told to Mask Up, Passengers Got Physical
Agency issues 4 fines totalling more than $67K
- Two travelers are facing a combined $50,000 in fines from the FAA, and not just for their lack of masks. Both are accused of assaulting flight attendants who called them out for their rule-breaking, per the
. A female passenger told to don a mask on a Feb. 7...
China: Cabin Crew
Should Wear Diapers
on Overseas Flights
Dec 10, 2020 7:47 AM CST
China: Cabin Crew Should Wear Diapers on Overseas Flights
Aviation authority warns that COVID risk in bathrooms could be high
- Flight attendants on mainland Chinese airlines may soon be facing the prospect of working on long-haul flights where they're not allowed to use the bathrooms. New guidance from the Civil Aviation Administration of China suggests that cabin crew on flights to and from countries with high COVID infection rates...
He Asked Crew Member to
Wear a Mask. He Got Booted
Sep 9, 2020 12:09 PM CDT
He Asked Crew Member to Wear a Mask. He Got Booted
Allegiant Air says passenger was 'disruptive' during preflight safety briefing
- An Allegiant Air passenger was booted off a flight this week over a face mask dispute—but he wasn't the one not complying with the airline's policy. In the incident on a Monday flight from Punta Gorda, Fla., to Portsmouth, NH, the passenger reportedly told a flight attendant...
Have to Attest
Their Pets Are
Jan 23, 2020 6:00 PM CST
Fliers May Have to Attest Their Pets Are Service Animals
Proposal would limit passengers to humans and dogs
- Passengers have taken advantage by bringing miniature horses, monkeys, turkeys, pigs, peacocks, rabbits and, of course, cats aboard their flights, saying they're service animals needed for emotional support, airline employees say. A federal proposal would simplify the rules on service animals by allowing only dogs onto flights, NBC reports....
Cops: Guy Attacked
Tried to Storm Cockpit
Jan 13, 2020 5:03 AM CST
Cops: Guy Attacked Flight Attendant, Tried to Storm Cockpit
'If he did actually get into that cockpit, Lord knows what would have happened'
- Passengers on a flight into New Jersey from DC had a scare as the United Express plane started to land in Newark on Thursday evening, reports NBC New York . Passenger Mike Egbert says that Matthew Dingley got up and went into a "full sprint" toward the cockpit, ramming into...
Airline Backs Flight Attendant
Will.i.am Accused of Racism
Nov 20, 2019 5:05 AM CST
Airline Backs Flight Attendant Will.i.am Accused of Racism
Qantas says it was a 'misunderstanding'
- Will.i.am says he was singled out by an "overly aggressive" Qantas flight attendant because he is black. The Australian airline says it was all a "misunderstanding"—and it will support the attendant if she wants to take legal action against him. The Black Eyed Peas...
Flight Attendant Tells Customs
He Has $100. It Was $9K
Oct 23, 2019 10:46 AM CDT
Flight Attendant Tells Customs He Has $100. It Was $9K
4 American Airlines flight attendants accused of smuggling $22K in cash into Miami
- Four American Airlines flight attendants have been arrested on money laundering charges after police say they flew into Miami with more than $22,000 in cash. Carlos Alberto Munoz-Moyano was the first to be checked by customs at Miami International Airport after departing the flight from Santiago, Chile, on Monday....
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Cops Warn About New iPhone Feature, Experts Say to Chill
Bad News Part II for Trump on Legal Front
Santos: 'I No Longer Have to Answer a Single Question'
$100M Botticelli Found in Home
Her Body Was Found by Rock Climbers 26 Years Ago
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.