Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Extra-Hard Landing Leads to
Unusual Flight Attendant Injury
Aug 9, 2022 8:00 AM CDT
Extra-Hard Landing Leads to Unusual Flight Attendant Injury
Crew member on Southwest flight suffered broken back during rough touchdown in California
- A Southwest Airlines flight attendant suffered a compression fracture to a vertebra in her upper back during a hard landing last month in California, according to federal safety investigators. The National Transportation Safety Board said the impact of landing was so hard that the flight attendant thought the plane had...
Sentencing in Flight Attendant
Assault a 'Very Strong Message'
May 28, 2022 5:30 AM CDT
Sentencing in Flight Attendant Assault a 'Very Strong Message'
Vyvianna Quinonez gets 15 months in prison for punching Southwest crew member in face
- A California woman who punched a Southwest Airlines flight attendant in the face during a flight, breaking her teeth, has been sentenced to 15 months in federal prison. Vyvianna Quinonez was also ordered Tuesday by the federal judge in San Diego to pay nearly $26,000 in restitution and a...
Passenger Who Was
Taped to Seat After Groping
Flight Attendants Learns Fate
May 4, 2022 12:52 AM CDT
Passenger Who Was Taped to Seat After Groping Flight Attendants Learns Fate
Maxwell Berry got 60 days behind bars
The man who was duct-taped to his seat last year after groping two flight attendants on a Frontier Airlines flight and punching another was sentenced Tuesday. Max Berry, now 23, will spend 60 days in jail followed by a year of supervised release, ABC News reports. Berry pleaded guilty...
Delta Makes Big Move to
Keep Flight Attendants Happy
Apr 26, 2022 3:13 PM CDT
Delta Makes Big Move to Keep Flight Attendants Happy
Airline will be the first in the US to pay flight attendants during boarding
- Unlike most flight attendants at other major airlines, Delta Air Lines flight attendants aren't unionized—and the company may be trying to keep them that way with an offer to pay them during boarding, which would be a first for a US airline. Flight attendants are usually paid starting...
American Airlines 'Outraged'
After Alleged In-Flight Assault
Oct 28, 2021 5:01 AM CDT
American Airlines 'Outraged' After Alleged In-Flight Assault
Witnesses say attendant was punched in dispute over mask-wearing
- American Airlines says it is "outraged" by the actions of a passenger who allegedly assaulted a flight attendant on a Wednesday flight from New York City to California, causing the aircraft to be diverted to Denver. Witnesses say they saw staff duct-tape the passenger to a seat after he...
Yet Another Airline
Pulls Back on the Booze
Jun 3, 2021 7:51 AM CDT
Yet Another Airline Pulls Back on the Booze
United joins Southwest, American in limiting or suspending alcohol service over unruly passengers
- A third airline has hopped on the "curtail alcohol" bandwagon after a slew of increasingly aggressive in-flight incidents, many related to unruly passengers balking at having to wear face masks. Airlines in general had suspended serving alcohol during the pandemic to limit passenger-flight attendant interaction and prevent spreading the...
Flight Attendant Loses
2 Teeth in Assault
May 25, 2021 8:52 AM CDT
Flight Attendant Loses 2 Teeth in Assault
Southwest crew member hurt amid 'intolerable level' of passenger misconduct incidents
- A flight attendants union is pleading for more travel safeguards after an attack against a crew member on a Southwest flight over the weekend. Per a letter from Lyn Montgomery, president of Transport Workers Union Local 556, to the airline's CEO, a flight attendant was "seriously assaulted" by...
FAA: Told to Mask Up,
Passengers Got Physical
May 6, 2021 11:56 AM CDT
FAA: Told to Mask Up, Passengers Got Physical
Agency issues 4 fines totalling more than $67K
- Two travelers are facing a combined $50,000 in fines from the FAA, and not just for their lack of masks. Both are accused of assaulting flight attendants who called them out for their rule-breaking, per the
. A female passenger told to don a mask on a Feb. 7...
China: Cabin Crew
Should Wear Diapers
on Overseas Flights
Dec 10, 2020 7:47 AM CST
China: Cabin Crew Should Wear Diapers on Overseas Flights
Aviation authority warns that COVID risk in bathrooms could be high
- Flight attendants on mainland Chinese airlines may soon be facing the prospect of working on long-haul flights where they're not allowed to use the bathrooms. New guidance from the Civil Aviation Administration of China suggests that cabin crew on flights to and from countries with high COVID infection rates...
He Asked Crew Member to
Wear a Mask. He Got Booted
Sep 9, 2020 12:09 PM CDT
He Asked Crew Member to Wear a Mask. He Got Booted
Allegiant Air says passenger was 'disruptive' during preflight safety briefing
- An Allegiant Air passenger was booted off a flight this week over a face mask dispute—but he wasn't the one not complying with the airline's policy. In the incident on a Monday flight from Punta Gorda, Fla., to Portsmouth, NH, the passenger reportedly told a flight attendant...
Have to Attest
Their Pets Are
Jan 23, 2020 6:00 PM CST
Fliers May Have to Attest Their Pets Are Service Animals
Proposal would limit passengers to humans and dogs
- Passengers have taken advantage by bringing miniature horses, monkeys, turkeys, pigs, peacocks, rabbits and, of course, cats aboard their flights, saying they're service animals needed for emotional support, airline employees say. A federal proposal would simplify the rules on service animals by allowing only dogs onto flights, NBC reports....
Cops: Guy Attacked
Tried to Storm Cockpit
Jan 13, 2020 5:03 AM CST
Cops: Guy Attacked Flight Attendant, Tried to Storm Cockpit
'If he did actually get into that cockpit, Lord knows what would have happened'
- Passengers on a flight into New Jersey from DC had a scare as the United Express plane started to land in Newark on Thursday evening, reports NBC New York . Passenger Mike Egbert says that Matthew Dingley got up and went into a "full sprint" toward the cockpit, ramming into...
Airline Backs Flight Attendant
Will.i.am Accused of Racism
Nov 20, 2019 5:05 AM CST
Airline Backs Flight Attendant Will.i.am Accused of Racism
Qantas says it was a 'misunderstanding'
- Will.i.am says he was singled out by an "overly aggressive" Qantas flight attendant because he is black. The Australian airline says it was all a "misunderstanding"—and it will support the attendant if she wants to take legal action against him. The Black Eyed Peas...
Flight Attendant Tells Customs
He Has $100. It Was $9K
Oct 23, 2019 10:46 AM CDT
Flight Attendant Tells Customs He Has $100. It Was $9K
4 American Airlines flight attendants accused of smuggling $22K in cash into Miami
- Four American Airlines flight attendants have been arrested on money laundering charges after police say they flew into Miami with more than $22,000 in cash. Carlos Alberto Munoz-Moyano was the first to be checked by customs at Miami International Airport after departing the flight from Santiago, Chile, on Monday....
Fliers: Flight Attendant
So Drunk We Had to
Do Her Seat Belt
Aug 9, 2019 6:29 AM CDT
Fliers: Flight Attendant So Drunk We Had to Do Her Seat Belt
Passengers say she passed out after slurring her words in security announcement
- A flight attendant was charged with criminal public intoxication after showing up for work so drunk that passengers say they had to fasten her seat belt. Passengers on the Aug. 2 United Express flight from Chicago to South Bend, which was operated by Air Wisconsin, say 49-year-old Julianne March bumped...
Union Calls for Change
After Support Dog
Bites Flight Attendant
Jul 24, 2019 12:46 AM CDT
Union Calls for Change After Support Dog Bites Flight Attendant
American Airlines attendant needed 5 stitches
- An American Airlines flight attendant needed five stitches after an emotional support dog bit him on the hand, the airline says. American did not disclose what kind of dog was involved in the incident Monday on a flight from Dallas to North Carolina,
reports. The flight attendant's...
Keep Union Dues,
May 10, 2019 11:50 AM CDT
Delta's Suggestion: Keep Union Dues, Buy Booze, Video Games
The union isn't happy about it, calling Delta poster "insulting"
- Delta Air Lines really doesn't want its flight attendants or ramp and cargo attendants to unionize. That seems to be the reason, at any rate, behind a Delta poster that's causing a ruckus. The poster, tweeted out Thursday by the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, shows...
Apr 4, 2019 12:25 PM CDT
Delta Flight Attendants: Uniforms Causing Big Issues
Joining their American Airlines counterparts, Delta staffers say new garb causes rashes, hair loss
- American Airlines has already pumped more than $1 million into toxicological tests to see why its recently introduced flight attendant uniforms are causing what appear to be allergic reactions . Now Delta is joining the itchy fray, with that airline's flight attendants saying their own uniforms have been leading to...
Major Airline Drops
Mandatory Makeup Rule
Mar 5, 2019 7:08 AM CST
Major Airline Drops Mandatory Makeup Rule
Virgin Atlantic attendants are also being provided with pants
- Female cabin crew at Virgin Atlantic can now follow the same rule as their male counterparts: If they don't want to wear makeup, they don't have to. The airline says makeup is now optional, but female flight attendants are welcome to choose from the "existing palette of...
Flight Attendant Dies
During Flight From Hawaii
Jan 26, 2019 8:30 AM CST
Flight Attendant Dies During Flight From Hawaii
Emile Griffith apparently suffered a heart attack
- Flight attendants had a stressful month as the government shutdown dragged on, and now there's further sorrow within their ranks.
New York Post
report that Emile Griffith died during a Hawaiian Airlines flight Thursday from Honolulu to New York, causing the plane to be diverted...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Detroit Radio Anchor Killed, His Family Injured, in Attack
Amended Autopsy Report: McClain Died Due to Ketamine
Elton John's WH Concert Ends With a Big Surprise
He Wanted to Be Taller. Agony, $75K Got Him There
Earth Isn't Ready for What We've Collected on Mars
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.