Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
on Chris Cuomo
Dec 6, 2021 2:45 PM CST
CNN Chief Zucker Did About-Face on Chris Cuomo
'Wall Street Journal' explains the shift from staunch support to slams about 'lack of candor'
- Chris Cuomo is out at CNN , and the
Wall Street Journal
digs in to why network exec Jeff Zucker came to make a "U-turn" on the anchor he had long defended. Zucker backed Cuomo in the spring when allegations first surfaced that he helped his brother, then-Gov. Andrew Cuomo,...
Dec 5, 2021 4:50 PM CST
Accusation Surfaced Before Cuomo's Firing
Lawyer says woman alleges 'serious sexual misconduct,' which his spokesman denies
- CNN received a new allegation against Chris Cuomo days before firing him —which may have been the "additional information" the network cited in dismissing the host Saturday. Debra Katz, a lawyer, said Sunday that her client has accused Cuomo of "serious sexual misconduct" and that CNN was...
Dec 4, 2021 5:45 PM CST
CNN Fires Chris Cuomo, Citing New Information
Network host had been suspended for role in defending his brother
- Saying it had new information about Chris Cuomo's role in helping his brother keep his job as governor of New York, CNN announced Saturday that it had fired its star host. The network said in a statement that the information concerning the anchor's involvement in Andrew Cuomo's...
Chris Cuomo Calls CNN
Dec 1, 2021 4:09 PM CST
Chris Cuomo Calls CNN Suspension 'Embarrassing'
'It hurts to even say it,' he said on his SiriusXM show
- The day after CNN suspended him indefinitely , Chris Cuomo told the world how he's feeling, and the upshot is: not great. Deadline reports that at the start of his SiriusXM show on Wednesday, a "gloomy-sounding" Cuomo kicked things off with a "quick note about the obvious—I'...
Nov 30, 2021 6:03 PM CST
CNN Suspends Chris Cuomo Indefinitely
Network says he was more involved in brother's scandal than they knew
- Update: CNN says anchor Chris Cuomo is off the air following the release of documents showing that he had been more involved with brother Andrew Cuomo's sexual harassment scandal than the network had believed. Documents released Monday showed that the top-rated anchor offered to use his sources to research...
Got Milk Controversy?
Nov 5, 2021 12:09 PM CDT
Got Milk Controversy? CNN Does
A Texas family's milk consumption was featured in a news segment on inflation; backlash followed
- The US economy continues to be a hot topic, especially as we head toward another winter still wrangling with COVID, and a CNN report this week tried to get to the heart of "how badly inflation is hitting the middle class." The five-minute segment intro'd by commentator...
John King of CNN
Reveals MS Diagnosis
Oct 19, 2021 1:54 PM CDT
John King of CNN Reveals MS Diagnosis
Says he is immunocompromised as he advocates for vaccines, mandates
- CNN's John King, perhaps best known to viewers as the updater of voting maps during live election coverage, revealed Tuesday that he has multiple sclerosis. “I’m going to share a secret I have never spoken before," said the 58-year-old during an
segment on the...
Sep 24, 2021 9:21 AM CDT
Chris Cuomo's Ex-Boss Reveals He Groped Her Butt
TV journalist Shelley Ross says CNN host must 'journalistically repent'
- Sexual harassment allegations derailed the career of one Cuomo . A new allegation threatens to do the same to another. In a
New York Times
essay, Chris Cuomo's former boss at ABC News says the CNN host sexually harassed her in 2005 when both attended a colleague's going-away party...
Mom on Brink of Eviction
Raised $200K. Now, a Twist
in case you missed it
Aug 14, 2021 6:30 AM CDT
Mom on Brink of Eviction Raised $200K. Now, a Twist
Dasha Kelly admits she's not biological mom of 3 girls shown with her
- A Nevada mom with three young girls touched people around the nation after CNN profiled her plight about being on the verge of eviction—so much so that a GoFundMe she set up raised nearly $200,000 as of Wednesday. There's now been somewhat of a twist in Dasha...
Aug 6, 2021 5:57 AM CDT
CNN Fires Unvaccinated Employees
Network says it has a zero tolerance policy on coming to the office unvaccinated
- CNN is not messing around when it comes to COVID-19 vaccines: Three unvaccinated employees who showed up to work have been fired, the network announced in a memo to their former colleagues Thursday. "Let me be clear—we have a zero tolerance policy on this," wrote CNN chief...
CNN Invites Consumers
to 'Own a Piece of History'
Jun 18, 2021 1:02 PM CDT
CNN Invites Consumers to 'Own a Piece of History'
Media company to start selling NFTs of special 'moments'
- Everyone's getting in on the NFT craze (or is thinking about it ), and CNN is the latest participant. The media outlet announced Wednesday that, starting later this month, it will begin selling the most memorable "moments" in its 41-year history as non-fungible tokens, per the
Jun 10, 2021 3:40 PM CDT
CNN Takes Toobin Back After Zoom Exposure
Legal analyst, who lost his magazine job, apologized to viewers
- CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin returned to the network Thursday for the first time in more than seven months after he was caught masturbating on a Zoom call with colleagues at the
. Toobin, in an interview with CNN's Alisyn Camerota, said that he was grateful to CNN...
or a Jerk?
Jun 8, 2021 11:50 AM CDT
Is Bezos a Hero or a Jerk? 2 Views
One writer thinks his space trip shows integrity, another the exact opposite
- Jeff Bezos, conqueror of retail sales on Earth, is venturing into space next month on the first manned voyage of his Blue Origin company. As you might expect, this generated all kinds of opinions, and below are one each from the yea and nay camps:
, Jeffrey Kluger
The Internet Broke
This Morning, but
Now It's (Mostly) Back
Jun 8, 2021 6:32 AM CDT
The Internet Broke This Morning, but Now It's (Mostly) Back
Multiple websites went down after outage at cloud services company Fastly
- Numerous websites were unavailable Tuesday after an apparent widespread outage at the cloud services company Fastly. Dozens of high-traffic websites, including the
New York Times
, CNN, Amazon, Twitter, Target, Spotify, and the UK government's home page, couldn't be reached, per the AP and the
. Visitors trying...
CNN Drops Rick Santorum
May 22, 2021 4:20 PM CDT
CNN Drops Rick Santorum
Calls to fire former senator followed his off-air remarks dismissive of Native American culture
- Rick Santorum's interpretation of history has cost him a job. CNN has sent the senior political commentator on his way after remarks he made off the air last month about Native American culture,
reports. Speaking to students at a Fight for Religious Freedom seminar, Santorum said: "We...
DOJ Secretly Obtained
CNN Reporter's Records
May 21, 2021 9:58 AM CDT
DOJ Secretly Obtained CNN Reporter's Records
Barbara Starr's records were obtained after Trump condemned leaks
- CNN says it wants the Justice Department to explain why it secretly obtained the phone and email records of one of its journalists during the Trump administration, apparently as part of an effort to identify her sources. The network says it was informed in a May 13 letter from...
CNN Calls Chris Cuomo's
Advice to Andrew Inappropriate
May 20, 2021 1:59 PM CDT
CNN Calls Chris Cuomo's Advice to Andrew Inappropriate
Washington Post reports that CNN anchor took part in strategy sessions for governor
- More controversy for the Cuomo brothers, this time centering on younger sibling Chris of CNN. The
reports that Chris Cuomo gave his brother advice on how to deal with his sexual-harassment scandal and participated in conference calls with the New York governor's top aides on the issue....
Nielsen Tallies Up
Apr 23, 2021 7:25 AM CDT
Nielsen Tallies Up Viewership for Chauvin Verdict
At least 23.2M Americans were watching
- At least 23.2 million Americans watched on television this week as former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin was convicted of murder and manslaughter in the death of George Floyd, per the AP . The Nielsen company's estimate came from viewership figures on 11 different networks that carried Tuesday's...
Mar 23, 2021 4:21 PM CDT
Without Trump, Audiences Shrink
After setting records, fewer are watching and reading news lately
- Cable news networks are starting to feel the absence of Trump drama. Ratings climbed for President Trump's second impeachment trial, but they've dropped dramatically since then,
reports. CNN has been hit hardest, with the prime-time shows of Don Lemon and Anderson Cooper down 32% in the last...
Chris Cuomo Hears About
Not Covering His Brother
Mar 2, 2021 12:08 PM CST
Chris Cuomo Hears About Not Covering His Brother
CNN anchor has covered the governor before but now says he can't
- The Cuomo who's a CNN anchor obviously can't cover the barrage of accusations facing the Cuomo who's governor of New York. That would be wrong, commentators agreed on social media. But, they wondered, why has it been right until now? "Obviously, I am aware of what...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
After Father's 14-Year Search, Abducted Boy Is Found
'For 45 Years, We've Looked for This Young Man and This Car'
Trapped in Car, Woman Dies at Edge of Niagara Falls
Scott Peterson Resentenced to Life Without Parole
More Bad News for Chris Cuomo
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.