Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
CNN Needed to Back
That Clock Up
Jan 1, 2023 12:15 PM CST
CNN Needed to Back That Clock Up
Don Lemon dances through what was supposed to be a countdown to 2023 in New Orleans
- CNN inadvertently took the countdown to midnight out of New Year's Eve, when Don Lemon instead danced through 2023's arrival during the network's broadcast from New Orleans. The host and partiers were shown dancing to Juvenile's "Back That Azz Up" when the new year arrived,...
Ex-CNN Producer Pleads
Guilty to Child Sex Charge
Dec 12, 2022 5:06 PM CST
Ex-CNN Producer Pleads Guilty to Child Sex Charge
John Griffin could get life in prison on charge involving 9-year-old girl
- A former CNN television producer pleaded guilty Monday in federal court to using interstate commerce to entice and coerce a 9-year-old girl to engage in sexual activity. As part of a plea deal, the government will drop two remaining counts of enticement of a minor against John Griffin, 45, the...
the Big Lie'
Oct 6, 2022 8:35 AM CDT
Trump: CNN Should Have to 'Prove the Big Lie'
Ex-president says network will 'never be able to prove' his claims on election fraud are false
- Former President Trump filed a defamation suit against CNN this week, accusing it of trying to smear him "for the purpose of defeating him politically." Now, Trump has issued the cable network a challenge. "Prove the big lie," Trump said Wednesday during an appearance on "...
Trump Sues CNN for $475M
Oct 3, 2022 5:30 PM CDT
Trump Sues CNN for $475M
Suit says network tried to smear him with 'scandalous, false, and defamatory labels'
- Donald Trump has made good on his threat to sue CNN. In a suit filed in federal court in Monday, the former president's lawyers said the network had attempted to smear him "with a series of ever-more scandalous, false, and defamatory labels of 'racist,' 'Russian...
Iraq Reports Made Him Famous
Sep 8, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
His Cool-Under-Pressure Iraq Reports Made Him Famous
Bernard Shaw, CNN's first chief anchor, has died at age 82
- Bernard Shaw, CNN's chief anchor for two decades and a pioneering Black broadcaster best remembered for calmly reporting the beginning of the Gulf War in 1991 as missiles flew around him in Baghdad, has died at 82. He died of pneumonia on Wednesday at a hospital in Washington, according...
Trump Slams Fox, Offers
Surprise Help to Longtime Foe
Sep 5, 2022 6:24 AM CDT
Trump Slams Fox, Offers Surprise Help to Longtime Foe
Ex-president: I'll help CNN become a 'gold mine' if it's true network is shifting more conservative
- Former President Trump had some new slams for a onetime ally over the weekend, and a surprise semi-olive branch for another.
reports that Trump took to Truth Social on Sunday, blasting Fox News for what he claims is kowtowing to "the Democrats and the Democratic agenda." "...
on Final Show
Aug 21, 2022 1:30 PM CDT
Stelter Urges Accountability on Final Show
CNN dropped 'Reliable Sources' host and the 30-year show
host Brian Stelter insisted Sunday that he'll still be rooting for CNN, though his show has been canceled, but stressed that it was important for the network and others to hold the media accountable. CNN gave Stelter the chance to host a final episode of the 30-year...
Brian Stelter Is Out at CNN
Aug 18, 2022 2:42 PM CDT
Brian Stelter Is Out at CNN
Program covering news media, 'Reliable Sources,' ends its 30-year run
- CNN has canceled its weekly
show on the media, and host Brian Stelter is leaving the network. The show will have its last broadcast this Sunday. CNN has been looking to cut costs but also to present a less opinionated product. Stelter has written a book about Fox...
Aug 12, 2022 5:30 PM CDT
Toobin Signs Off at CNN
Legal analyst announces departure more than a year after end of his suspension
: Jeffrey Toobin told colleagues Friday that he's decided to leave CNN after 20 years as a legal analyst for the network. "It was great to spend my last day on air, like so many before, with my pals at Sit Room, AC360 and Don Lemon Tonight,"...
Trump Threatens CNN With Suit
Jul 27, 2022 9:03 PM CDT
Trump Threatens CNN With Suit
Former president's lawyers call for retractions
- A 282-page letter from former President Trump's lawyers to CNN lists dozens of on-air statements and online articles about his claims of election fraud that Trump wants retracted, accompanied by a threat to file defamation lawsuits against the network and other outlets. Trump said in a statement Wednesday that...
CNN Makes a Shift
on 'Breaking News'
Jun 3, 2022 8:57 AM CDT
CNN Makes a Shift on 'Breaking News'
CNN chief Chris Licht tells network staff to cool it on using the ubiquitous banner
- If you're a regular CNN viewer, you're also intimately familiar with one of its most well-known chyrons: the bright-red "Breaking News" banner that seems to accompany a good number of its newscasts. No more, says new network chief Chris Licht, who's now issued an edict on...
CNN+ Is Shutting Down
2 Days Early
Apr 27, 2022 6:10 PM CDT
CNN+ Is Shutting Down 2 Days Early
Streaming service's last day will be April 28
: Streaming service CNN+ is going to be even shorter-lived than expected. The service—which cost $300 million to set up and was launched with much fanfare on March 29—is going to have the plug pulled on April 28, two days earlier than employees were told last week, the...
Most Trusted News Source
Is Bit of a Surprise
in case you missed it
Apr 16, 2022 2:05 PM CDT
Most Trusted News Source Is Bit of a Surprise
52% of Americans trust the Weather Channel in latest YouGov poll
- When it comes to the weather, most of us are on the same side of things—or, at least we're all watching and believing the same reports. That's according to YouGov , a UK market research firm whose latest poll on the media found that the most trusted news...
That Drove Me
Mar 27, 2022 12:35 PM CDT
Wallace: It Wasn't Opinions That Drove Me From Fox
Anchor says truth vs. fiction was an issue after Trump loss
- Things changed at Fox News after Donald Trump lost the presidential election to Joe Biden, Chris Wallace said. "Before, I found it was an environment in which I could do my job and feel good about my involvement at Fox," he said. "And since November of 2020,...
Zucker Settles With
CNN for Millions
Mar 9, 2022 4:42 PM CST
Zucker Settles With CNN for Millions
Former network president will waive his right to sue the network
- Former CNN President Jeff Zucker has reached a settlement with the network that will include a payment of millions of dollars but will cost him his ability to sue. Zucker resigned last month after conceding he hadn't told his bosses about a romantic relationship with a subordinate. The deal...
See a Big
Feb 28, 2022 3:15 PM CST
CNN May See a Big Shift Under New Leader
Colbert showrunner Chris Licht announced as Jeff Zucker's replacement
A CBS exec with a successful track record in TV will indeed be the next president of CNN. Discovery Inc. confirmed Monday that Chris Licht will replace Jeff Zucker, reports the
Wall Street Journal
. “Chris is a dynamic and creative producer, an engaging and thoughtful journalist, and a...
'I Told You We Shouldn't
Have Done the Live Shot Here'
Feb 24, 2022 12:30 PM CST
'I Told You We Shouldn't Have Done the Live Shot Here'
Matthew Chance of CNN was reporting live when explosions were heard in Kyiv
- Journalist Matthew Chance was reporting live from the Ukraine capital of Kyiv late Wednesday when his surroundings gave viewers a first-hand sense of the Russian assault. Chance was speaking with Don Lemon on CNN when the first explosions rattled the capital, reports the Daily Beast . In this video , Chance pauses...
The 3rd Main
Player in CNN
Scandal Is Also Out
Feb 16, 2022 12:25 AM CST
The 3rd Main Player in CNN Scandal Is Also Out
Allison Gollust found to have violated company policies
- Jeff Zucker's key lieutenant at CNN—and the woman with whom he had an undisclosed romantic relationship—is also stepping down, less than two weeks after Zucker's resignation as the network's president. Allison Gollust was named alongside Zucker and Chris Cuomo as now-former employees who violated company...
Report: Chris Cuomo Wants
'Megyn Kelly Money' From CNN
Feb 9, 2022 7:31 AM CST
Report: Chris Cuomo Wants 'Megyn Kelly Money' From CNN
Sources tell 'New York Post' that former anchor may push for as much as $60M from ex-employer
- After Jeff Zucker was forced to step down from his top spot at CNN earlier this month, a question soon arose : Could Chris Cuomo have somehow been the force behind that resignation, seeking revenge for his own firing from the network in December? Whether it's a vengeance spree or...
Zucker Will Be Remembered
for the Ascent of Trump
Feb 3, 2022 5:20 PM CST
Zucker Will Be Remembered for the Ascent of Trump
Executive launched 'The Apprentice' before focusing on him at CNN
- Jeff Zucker announced that he was quitting CNN because of his failure to disclose his romantic relationship with a colleague, Allison Gollust. But he'll also be remembered for Zucker's mutually beneficial relationship with Donald Trump, Margaret Sullivan writes in her
column. In some ways, the TV...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Boy Dies After 'the Most Exciting Moment of His Life'
Woman Dies After a Fall on Southwest Airlines' Jet Bridge
Dances With Wolves Actor Arrested in Sex Cult Case
Baby Didn't Have Ticket for Flight. His Parents Left Him Behind
Prosecutors: Baldwin Was on His Phone During Gun Training
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.