Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Alex Jones Must
Pay $1.1B in
Sandy Hook Damages,
Oct 20, 2023 2:00 AM CDT
Alex Jones Must Pay $1.1B in Sandy Hook Damages, Despite Bankruptcy
Although some of the damages above that amount could ultimately be discharged
- Alex Jones may be filing for bankruptcy, but he'll still have to pay $1.1 billion in damages owed to families of nine Sandy Hook mass shooting victims who sued him for defamation. Reuters reports that a judge in Jones' personal bankruptcy case ruled Thursday that while bankruptcy can...
Alex Jones 'Finally Got
His Wish': a Chokehold
Sep 29, 2023 7:43 AM CDT
Alex Jones 'Finally Got His Wish': a Chokehold
Infowars host appeared to pass out for several seconds during odd appearance with jujitsu champ
- "Alex Jones finally got his wish." That's how MMA Mania frames what happened when the Infowars host, conspiracy theorist, and Sandy Hook tormentor appeared Thursday on the
El Segundo Podcast
hosted by Brazilian jujitsu champ Craig Jones (no relation) and got choked out by the athlete. TMZ...
Alex Jones Spent
$93K in July, Has Paid
Sandy Hook Families $0
Sep 15, 2023 8:41 AM CDT
Alex Jones Spent $93K in July, Has Paid Sandy Hook Families $0
Infowars founder has filed for bankruptcy, seeking to dodge $1.5B settlement
- As Alex Jones continues telling his Infowars audience about his money problems and pleads for them to buy his products, his own documents show life isn't that bad—his net worth is around $14 million and his personal spending topped $93,000 in July alone, reports the AP . That...
Families Face Quandary
in Collecting From Alex Jones
Mar 19, 2023 4:45 PM CDT
Families Face Quandary in Collecting From Alex Jones
Infowars host, facing judgment, has been shifting assets
- Alex Jones, the Infowars conspiracy broadcaster who has been ordered to pay families of Sandy Hook mass shooting victims more than $1 billion in defamation damages, has been moving assets to where his creditors can't touch them. Jones has put property, business deals, and cash totaling millions of dollars...
Alex Jones Battles
for $1.3M Salary
Dec 20, 2022 12:53 PM CST
In Bankruptcy, Alex Jones Battles for $1.3M Salary
He asks judge to order Infowars' parent firm to go back to paying him $54K biweekly, up from $20K
- A salary of $10,000 a week isn't enough for a bankrupt Alex Jones, who has asked a judge for almost three times that amount. The Infowars host on Monday requested that federal bankruptcy Judge Christopher Lopez restore the $1.3 million annual salary he received from Infowars' parent...
Alex Jones Owes $473M More
Nov 10, 2022 2:49 PM CST
Alex Jones Owes $473M More
Infowars host calls judge's decision in Sandy Hook case on punitive damages 'a joke'
- Infowars host Alex Jones and his company were ordered by a judge Thursday to pay an extra $473 million for promoting false conspiracy theories about the Sandy Hook school massacre, bringing the total judgment against him in a lawsuit filed by the victims’ families to a staggering $1.44 billion....
Alex Jones Calls Judgment
a Joke and Asks for Money
Oct 12, 2022 7:15 PM CDT
Alex Jones Calls Judgment a Joke and Asks for Money
Sandy Hook families listen quietly in court, then weep
- Instead of being in the Connecticut courtroom when he was being ordered Wednesday to pay the families of Sandy Hook mass shooting victims almost $1 billion for insisting the massacre was a hoax, Alex Jones was hosting his Infowars show. That allowed him to mock the court and lobby his...
Jury Hears Jones and internet
Blamed in Closing Arguments
Oct 6, 2022 3:25 PM CDT
Jury Hears Jones and internet Blamed in Closing Arguments
Deliberations on damages begins in Connecticut
- A lawyer for families of eight people killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook massacre told a jury Thursday that conspiracy theorist Alex Jones started lying about the shooting the day it happened and provided the machinery that allowed that lie to spread. Jones' attorney countered by telling the jury his...
Sep 23, 2022 2:36 PM CDT
After Rant, Alex Jones Delays Next Testimony
Lawyer says it's an effort to 'lower the temperature' in Connecticut courtroom
- Given Alex Jones' angry outburst in court on Thursday, his lawyer has decided he's in no hurry to put the Infowars host back on the stand. Norm Pattis told the Connecticut court Friday he'll call Jones to the stand next week,
reports. "We think that...
Alex Jones Erupts
Sep 22, 2022 6:55 PM CDT
Alex Jones Erupts in Courtroom
Infowars host testifies that he's through apologizing for false claims
- Alex Jones took the stand Thursday at his Connecticut defamation trial, acknowledging he had promoted the conspiracy theory that the 2012 Sandy Hook massacre was a hoax, but angrily refusing to keep apologizing for that. More than a dozen relatives of the 26 shooting victims showed up to observe his...
Alex Jones Arrives at Court,
Calls Judge a 'Tyrant'
Sep 20, 2022 10:30 AM CDT
Alex Jones Arrives at Court, Calls Judge a 'Tyrant'
Infowars host is again facing penalties for his Sandy Hook conspiracy theories
- A defiant Alex Jones arrived at a Connecticut courthouse Tuesday, declaring his innocence despite already being found liable for spreading the lie that the 2012 Sandy Hook school massacre was a hoax, per the AP . A jury has been hearing evidence for a week to determine how much Jones must...
Sep 16, 2022 3:40 PM CDT
Infowars Representative Takes Stand
Families' lawyer asks how seriously company is taking trial
- Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, who is on trial in Connecticut for calling the 2012 Sandy Hook massacre a hoax, continued Friday to describe the proceedings as a "kangaroo court" from his Infowars studio in Texas. Jones' commentary became a focus of testimony on the fourth day of the trial,...
Roger Stone Asks
People to Donate
to Alex Jones
Aug 8, 2022 12:30 AM CDT
Roger Stone Asks People to Donate to Alex Jones
Trump ally made the call after punitive damages verdict came out
- Roger Stone is calling for supporters to send donations to Alex Jones after the Infowars host was ordered to pay $45.2 million in punitive damages to the parents of a child killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre. Jones was also hit with a verdict of $4.1...
Jury Awards Punitive Damages
in Alex Jones Case of $45M
Aug 5, 2022 5:47 PM CDT
Jury Awards Punitive Damages in Alex Jones Case of $45M
Lawyer had asked jurors to send a message to "stop the monetization of misinformation'
- The jury in Alex Jones' defamation trial on Friday awarded the parents of a 6-year-old boy killed in the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School punitive damages of $45.2 million. Jones' lawyer immediately objected, the
New York Times
reports, pointing out to the judge that Texas law limits punitive...
Jury Tells Alex Jones
to Pay Parents $4M
Aug 4, 2022 4:52 PM CDT
Jury Tells Alex Jones to Pay Parents $4M
Jury will decide punitive damages next
- A Texas jury on Thursday ordered conspiracy theorist Alex Jones to pay more than $4 million in compensatory damages to the parents of a 6-year-old boy who was killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre, marking the first time the Infowars host has been held financially liable for repeatedly...
Lawyers 'Messed Up,' Sending
Alex Jones' Texts to Opponents
Aug 3, 2022 7:15 PM CDT
Lawyers 'Messed Up,' Sending Alex Jones' Texts to Opponents
Infowars host had said under oath that there was nothing on his phone about Sandy Hook killings
- Alex Jones said in a sworn deposition that there's nothing on his cellphone about the Sandy Hook school massacre. That position became uncomfortable Wednesday when the Infowars host was on the stand in his defamation trial in Texas and learned that his lawyers "messed up." Mark Bankston,...
of Slain 6-Year-Old
Aug 3, 2022 12:10 AM CDT
Alex Jones Takes Stand, Addresses Parents of Slain 6-Year-Old
Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis got into a heated exchange with him later
- The parents of Jesse Lewis, who was murdered at 6 years old in the Sandy Hook massacre, took the stand Tuesday in the trial to determine what damages Alex Jones owes for defamation. Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis said the conspiracy theorist Infowars radio host made their lives "hell,...
Amid Trial, Alex Jones
Makes Bankruptcy Move
Jul 31, 2022 8:45 AM CDT
Amid Trial, Alex Jones Makes Bankruptcy Move
He puts parent company of Infowars into Chapter 11 protection
- Amid the first of three trials to determine how much he must pay because of his admitted Sandy Hook lies, Alex Jones made an unexpected financial move on Friday, reports
. Jones put Free Speech Systems, the parent company of his Infowars media empire, into Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection....
Sandy Hook Family Has a
Dollar Amount for Alex Jones
Jul 27, 2022 6:30 AM CDT
Sandy Hook Family Has a Dollar Amount for Alex Jones
They say he should pay them $150M
- For the first time, a Sandy Hook victim's family has named a price they believe Alex Jones should pay for defaming them with his lies about the Dec. 14, 2012, mass shooting at a Connecticut elementary school. The lawyer for the parents of Jesse Lewis, one of the 20...
Jul 26, 2022 7:59 AM CDT
Sandy Hook Parents Get Their Turn Against Jones
They will testify about the toll his lies took in trial to determine how much he owes
- Alex Jones' legal and financial troubles for spreading lies about the Sandy Hook mass shooting reach a critical point Tuesday as a trial begins in Texas to determine how much he owes. And as the
New York Times
reports, parents of the young victims will testify themselves about how Jones'...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Tomato Mysteriously Lost in Space Turns Up 8 Months Later
From Sleeper Hit to 'Generational Anthem'
U Penn President Steps Down After Outcry
Evert Reveals 'Diagnosis I Never Wanted to Hear'
6 Teens Guilty for Role in Teacher's Beheading
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.