Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Conor McGregor's New Title:
'Worst First Pitch' Thrower
Sep 22, 2021 9:15 AM CDT
Conor McGregor's New Title: 'Worst First Pitch' Thrower
MMA fighter's pitch hit barrier some 20 feet right of home plate
- The world's highest-paid athlete can throw a punch with accuracy, but apparently not a baseball. Mixed martial arts fighter Conor McGregor joined the long list of celebrities who've bungled a ceremonial first pitch at an MLB game after he took to the mound Tuesday at Wrigley Field ahead...
Top-Earning Athlete Made Most
of His $180M From Whiskey
May 12, 2021 6:02 PM CDT
Top-Earning Athlete Made Most of His $180M From Whiskey
Conor McGregor tops list for a second time
- The world's highest-paid athlete spent less than eight minutes competing in his sport in the last 12 months—but still took home $180 million. UFC star Conor McGregor, who lost his January fight against Dustin Poirier at 2:32 in the second round, tops this year's
Sep 12, 2020 2:30 PM CDT
Conor McGregor Gets Taken Into Custody
The MMA fighter allegedly attempted sexual assault
- UFC superstar Conor McGregor was collared in Corsica on Saturday and accused of attempted sexual assault, TMZ reports. The 32-year-old, who's been cruising the Mediterranean on his yacht with fiancee Dee Devlin, apparently lost his cool Thursday. One report has the alleged attack occurring in a bar. "Following...
UFC's Conor McGregor
Says Goodbye ... Again
Jun 7, 2020 12:06 PM CDT
UFC's Conor McGregor Says Goodbye ... Again
In his words: 'What a ride it's been!'
- Conor McGregor announced his retirement from the UFC on Sunday for the third time in four years, telling ESPN that "I'm a bit bored of the game. I'm just not excited about the game. I don't know if it's no crowd. I don't know...
UFC Return Took 40 Seconds
Jan 19, 2020 9:03 AM CST
Conor McGregor's UFC Return Took 40 Seconds
Irishman takes out Donald Cerrone in less than a minute in long-awaited return to the ring
- Conor McGregor's opening punch bloodied Donald Cerrone's nose. He then floored Cerrone only 20 seconds into the bout with a perfectly placed kick to the head, and the AP reports that he mercilessly finished on the ground. When he paraded around the ring with an Irish flag on...
Conor McGregor Pleads Guilty
in Assault at Dublin Pub
Nov 1, 2019 3:49 PM CDT
Conor McGregor Pleads Guilty in Assault at Dublin Pub
Fighter pays a small fine and avoids jail time
- Conor McGregor will live to fight another day after avoiding jail time in an April assault in a Dublin pub. He pleaded guilty Thursday and paid a fine of about $1,100, TMZ reports. The court could have jailed him for six months. "I assure you nothing of this...
Video Seems to Show
Punching Guy at Bar
Aug 15, 2019 1:35 PM CDT
Video Seems to Show Conor McGregor Punching Guy at Bar
UFC fighter was trying to buy bar patrons a round in Dublin
- UFC fighter Conor McGregor apparently punched a guy in a Dublin bar over a dispute involving whiskey. The Irish mixed martial artist was at the Marble Arch Pub April 6 and wanted to buy a round of his Proper Twelve whiskey for everyone at the bar, but one man twice...
Report: Conor McGregor
Accused of Sexual Assault
Mar 27, 2019 2:43 AM CDT
Report: Conor McGregor Accused of Sexual Assault
His retirement is unrelated, spokeswoman says
- Conor McGregor is reportedly under investigation for sexual assault—but a spokeswoman says legal problems had nothing to do with him announcing his retirement early Tuesday. Sources tell the
New York Times
that the UFC superstar was arrested in his native Ireland in January after a woman accused him of...
Conor McGregor Makes
Mar 26, 2019 2:11 AM CDT
Conor McGregor Makes Big Announcement
Irish superstar says he is retiring
- Superstar UFC fighter Conor McGregor has announced on social media that he is retiring from mixed martial arts. McGregor's verified Twitter account had a post early Tuesday that said the former featherweight and lightweight UFC champion was making a "quick announcement," the AP reports. The tweet says:...
MMA Star Conor McGregor
Arrested After Fan Altercation
Mar 12, 2019 1:33 AM CDT
MMA Star Conor McGregor Arrested After Fan Altercation
Conor McGregor allegedly smashed person's phone
- Irish mixed martial arts star Conor McGregor has been arrested in the US again, this time for allegedly stealing and smashing a fan's phone outside a Florida hotel. According to a police report seen by the BBC , the 30-year-old was involved in an altercation outside the Fontainebleau Miami Beach...
UFC Fighter Charged With
Assault After NYC Mayhem
Apr 6, 2018 5:34 AM CDT
UFC Fighter Charged With Assault After NYC Mayhem
Witnesses say Conor McGregor attacked bus at media event
- Conor McGregor has been charged with assault and mischief over what Ultimate Fighting Championship president Dana White says was the "most disgusting thing that has ever happened" in the organization's history. The mixed martial arts fighter turned himself in to police in New York City on Thursday night,...
Customer Sues Showtime
Aug 29, 2017 2:44 PM CDT
Disappointed Pay-Per-View Customer Sues Showtime
'Grainy video, error screens, buffer events, and stalls'
- Saturday's boxing match between Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor is projected to have brought in $700 million in pay-per-view orders as one of the biggest PPV events in history, Deadline reports. It's also netted Showtime a class-action lawsuit. Oregon resident Zack Bartel filed the lawsuit following the fight....
Mayweather Tried to
Bet $400K on Himself
Aug 28, 2017 5:03 AM CDT
Mayweather Tried to Bet $400K on Himself
He says they wouldn't let him place bets
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. bet his reputation and his unblemished record on Saturday's bout with Conor McGregor—and he tried to bet plenty of cash as well. Sources say he tried to bet $400,000 on himself ahead of the fight, but ended up leaving the sportsbook at the M...
a $200M Bow
Aug 27, 2017 6:04 AM CDT
Mayweather Takes a $200M Bow
But UFC's Conor McGregor performed respectably, has $100M of his own
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. put on a show in the last fight of his spectacular career. Conor McGregor didn't do so badly, either. Mayweather figured out a 50th opponent Saturday night, letting McGregor have the early rounds before stalking him late and leaving the mixed martial artist defenseless and exhausted...
Here's How Much Mayweather,
McGregor Will Earn in Fight
Aug 26, 2017 9:43 AM CDT
Here's How Much Mayweather, McGregor Will Earn in Fight
Hint: It's a lot
- Whether or not it'll be a good fight (experts tend to agree "not"), Saturday's match between Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor is certain to be profitable—potentially historically so—for both fighters. ESPN reports Mayweather is guaranteed a minimum purse of $100 million and McGregor a...
Experts Say McGregor Won't
Be Safe Fighting Mayweather
Aug 25, 2017 6:32 AM CDT
Experts Say McGregor Won't Be Safe Fighting Mayweather
Fight doctors say it is a dangerous mismatch
- It's one of the most keenly anticipated fights in years—but doctors say it should be stopped before it's too late. Boxing champ Floyd Mayweather Jr. is set to fight mixed martial arts star Conor McGregor in Las Vegas Saturday night in a bout that the Association of...
A First: Boxing Great Will
Fight Mixed Martial Arts Great
Jun 15, 2017 2:21 PM CDT
A First: Boxing Great Will Fight Mixed Martial Arts Great
Floyd Mayweather Jr. takes on Conor McGregor in August
- Lovers of sports spectacles can rejoice: The long-rumored super-fight between undefeated boxing great Floyd Mayweather Jr. and mixed martial arts champion Conor McGregor has been made official. Yahoo Sports reports the two men will face each other in a boxing match on August 26 in Las Vegas. The 40-year-old Mayweather...
Popular on Newser
Teen Admits Horrific Murder of Classmate, 13
Vendor Serves Up Another 'Insensitive' School Lunch
Musk Is Worried About Himself. So Is His Mom
Western New York Jolted Awake: 'Felt Like a Car Hit My House
Trump on Spy Balloon Reports: 'FAKE DISINFORMATION'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.