Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
The Daily Show
Stories 1 - 20 |
Late Night Jokes Flow
Over This Presidential Photo
May 5, 2021 6:59 AM CDT
Late Night Jokes Flow Over This Presidential Photo
They 'look like a ventriloquist act,' quips Seth Meyers
- To mark President Biden's 100th day in office, he and First Lady Dr. Jill Biden paid a visit to a couple who know a lot about what they're going through: Former President Carter and his wife, Rosalynn. Last Thursday's meeting at the Carters' home in Plains, Ga....
Late Night Takes Shots at J&J
Apr 14, 2021 7:33 AM CDT
Late Night Takes Shots at J&J
News on rare development of blood clots after vaccination catches attention of Colbert et al
- On Tuesday, the FDA and CDC recommended a "pause" of the Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccine amid reports of rare blood clotting. Six women between the ages of 18 and 48 developed clots within a few weeks after receiving the J&J dose, out of nearly 7 million doses...
Mar 18, 2021 8:01 AM CDT
Late Night Got Somber on Wednesday
Hosts speak about the Georgia shootings, racism
- There wasn’t much to laugh about Wednesday as late night hosts took on the Atlanta-area shootings that left eight people dead, including six Asian women. The
's Trevor Noah noted his frustration at the shooter's claim that he wasn't motivated by racism . "Your...
Late Night Blasts
Ted Cruz Photo Op
Feb 23, 2021 10:00 AM CST
Late Night Blasts Ted Cruz Photo Op
'Most people just drove away when he tried showing them his vacation photos'
- Late-night hosts who were on vacation during Ted Cruz's Cancun trip last week couldn't have been happier with the Texas senator's weekend photo op. Cruz had shared photos showing him meeting with first responders and putting water in people's vehicles with the hashtag #TexasStrong, which only...
Late Night Has Beef
Pouncing on Texas Windmills
Feb 18, 2021 7:23 AM CST
Late Night Has Beef With Conservatives Pouncing on Texas Windmills
Hosts ridicule idea that renewable energy is to blame for blackouts
- Many late night hosts are taking time off for Presidents' Day, but not Jimmy Kimmel and Trevor Noah, both of whom took issue Wednesday with the wrongful blame being placed on renewable energy as Texas' power grid is overwhelmed.
"I know people were praying for Texas to go blue,
Late Night Goes to Town
on 'End of an Error'
Jan 20, 2021 7:39 AM CST
Late Night Goes to Town on 'End of an Error'
The takeaway: 'Take him away'
- Late night hosts made no attempt to hide their glee on Tuesday night, with hours left in Donald Trump's presidency. Jimmy Kimmel called it "the end of an error" and questioned whether the presidency was worth it for Trump. "Six years ago, we were all perfectly fine...
My Heart Is Broken
Nov 6, 2020 7:50 AM CST
Stephen Colbert: My Heart Is Broken
Late-night hosts rip Trump's speech, lawsuits
- Stephen Colbert couldn't find much to laugh about Thursday following President's Trump speech . Two minutes into his monologue, the
host was fighting back tears. After summarizing Trump's "nonsensical" rant about the election being stolen from him, Colbert aired an old clip in which Trump...
Late-Night Hosts Rip
Trump Over COVID
Oct 6, 2020 7:21 AM CDT
Late-Night Hosts Rip Trump Over COVID
Seth Meyers jokes that hospital suite cost more than president's tax bill
- Late-night hosts skewered President Trump on Monday over a staged photo op meant to show him working inside Walter Reed Military Medical Hospital; his decision to ride past supporters in an SUV, potentially exposing Secret Service members to the coronavirus; and his assurance that Americans are "gonna beat" the...
Katie Hill Threatens Lawsuit
Over Nude Photos
Oct 25, 2019 12:05 AM CDT
Katie Hill Threatens Lawsuit Over Nude Photos
Cease-and-desist letter sent to Daily Mail
- British tabloids have started taking an interest in Rep. Katie Hill's complicated private life—and the Democrat is threatening to sue one of them over nude photos. Her lawyers sent a cease-and-desist letter to the
Thursday after it published intimate photos online that were allegedly of Hill...
Runs Ads on
Fox News to Reach Trump
Jun 12, 2019 11:51 AM CDT
Runs Ads on Fox News to Reach Trump
He's cordially invited to their Washington, DC, pop-up experience
- President Trump turns 73 on Friday, and the
Daily Show With Trevor Noah
is not letting the milestone go unnoticed. Deadline reports the show's pop-up exhibit, the "Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library," will be open Friday through Sunday at Washington, DC's Showroom on 14th Street...
Critics: Trevor Noah Clip on
India, Pakistan Was 'Racist'
Mar 4, 2019 9:45 AM CST
Critics: Trevor Noah Clip on India, Pakistan Was 'Racist'
'Daily Show' host said full-out war between 2 countries would be 'the most entertaining'
- As tensions continue between India and Pakistan, with both sides claiming deaths from shelling , the perspective of one outsider hasn't been appreciated by either. Comedian Trevor Noah is now apologizing for what some are calling a "racist" and "insensitive" segment last week on
The Daily Show
Late Night Chortles
Over 'Motionless' Mike Pence
Dec 12, 2018 9:09 AM CST
Late Night Chortles Over 'Motionless' Mike Pence
The vice president was at the Trump-Pelosi-Schumer meeting and ... oddly quiet
- Things got heated Tuesday during an Oval Office meeting on border security between President Trump and Democratic leaders Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer. But while their interaction was intense enough to earn a spot in the late-night rounds, VP Mike Pence didn't escape notice—despite doing his best job...
Brains: Late Night
Takes on Ford
TALK SHOW ROUNDUP
Sep 28, 2018 7:56 AM CDT
Beer, Blackouts, Brains: Late Night Takes on Ford vs. Kavanaugh
Hosts take on the 'big showdown'
- President Trump praised his Supreme Court nominee Thursday evening, after both Brett Kavanaugh and Christine Blasey Ford had a chance to testify in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee. Late-night hosts had slightly different takes after the dust had settled on the day:
Trevor Noah addressed the "big showdown,
Trevor Noah on Why
Jon Stewart Left:
Jun 12, 2018 8:21 AM CDT
Trevor Noah on Why Jon Stewart Left: 'Too Angry to Laugh'
'I'm angry all the time. I don't find any of this funny,' 'Daily Show' host says ex-host told him
- Jon Stewart has long said he'd tired of the grind on
The Daily Show
and that his "dissatisfaction" led to his 2015 departure. But in a recent behind-the-scenes chat with Stewart's replacement, Trevor Noah, and other show staffers, Noah reveals Stewart was facing a stronger emotion than...
Colbert to Trump
on Russia Leak:
May 16, 2017 8:25 AM CDT
Colbert to Trump on Russia Leak: 'Please Resign'
Late-night hosts Seth Meyers, Trevor Noah also weigh in
- A high-profile
story Monday alleged President Trump leaked classified info to the Russian officials who visited the Oval Office last week, sending DC, the internet, and late-night TV into a new tizzy. Highlights from Seth Meyers, Trevor Noah, and Stephen Colbert, via the
New York Daily
Sean Spicer a
Apr 6, 2017 8:30 AM CDT
Gives Sean Spicer a New Career
He's a natural at being a kindergarten teacher
- Sean Spicer has already become the whipping boy for
Saturday Night Live
, but now another late-night show is taking a crack at him. Wednesday's
analyzed clips of the famously combative press secretary interacting with reporters and wondered : "Does @SeanSpicer treat the press like a bunch of...
Meet Tomi Lahren,
Rising Star of the Right
Dec 6, 2016 6:03 AM CST
Meet Tomi Lahren, Rising Star of the Right
She's been getting quite a bit of attention since 'Daily Show' appearance
- Ann Coulter is so yesterday. Meet Tomi Lahren, whom the
New York Times
recently called "the right's rising media star." Lahren is a 24-year-old conservative who has an impressive social media following and hosts a show on the Glenn Beck-founded network The Blaze. One of her most-viewed...
Found Its Voice
Nov 3, 2016 6:04 PM CDT
The Moment the
Found Its Voice
It came during a Steve Carell interview with John McCain
- Jon Stewart took over as host of the
in January 1999, but when did the program truly start becoming the
that legions of fans would come to love? Try December of that year, when Steve Carell boarded John McCain's campaign bus "and changed the...
Cans Larry Wilmore
Aug 15, 2016 10:57 AM CDT
No Joke: Comedy Central Cans Larry Wilmore
Network president says ratings just aren't there
- Larry Wilmore is no more in Comedy Central's 11:30pm slot after Thursday night, Wilmore informed his staff Monday, per Deadline .
The Nightly Show
, which debuted in January 2015, didn't grab young adults and hadn't had much impact on social media, Comedy Central President Kent Alterman tells...
Jun 28, 2016 9:33 AM CDT
Twitter Erupts Over
'Go knock someone up in Texas!'
- The Supreme Court struck down laws limiting abortion in Texas on Monday, and the
urged Twitter users to celebrate: "Go knock someone up in Texas!" reads a tweet from the show's official Twitter account. Not surprisingly, the joke didn't go over well. Users commented...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
NPR's Supreme Court Story Takes Another Turn
Schwarzenegger in Multi-Vehicle Accident
Centuries Ago, We Slept Much Differently
FBI: Laundrie Took Responsibility in His Notebook
2 SNL Stars Plunk Down $280K for Staten Island Ferry
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.