Specifics are still sketchy in yesterday's sudden death of Whitney Houston. But here's what's beginning to trickle in:
- Houston was found by a member of her entourage on the floor of her Beverly Hills hotel room around 3:30pm, reports the LA Times. Paramedics were called at 3:43pm, and tried CPR for 20 minutes, but were unable to revive her, and she was pronounced dead at 3:55pm.
- No illegal drugs have been found in the room, but TMZ reports that Houston was taking Xanax, and it is possible that she drowned in her bathtub. Combined with alcohol, Xanax can cause extreme sleepiness; the gossip site speculates that Houston fell asleep in the tub.
- Houston was out partying the night before and did not look good, says TMZ. She was allegedly at the hotel bar with friends and the group was very "boisterous."
- Reports conflict about Houston's condition before her death, with the LA Times saying she was "visibly bloated" and behaving "erratically," while CNN cites a music executive describing her as "healthy" and "happy."
- Houston's daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, got into a shouting match with police officers outside her mother's hotel room several hours after her death when they would not allow her in to see her mother's body, reports TMZ.
- Buzzfeed notes that a "belligerent" Houston was photographed on Thursday leaving a Hollywood club; she appeared to have a cut on her wrist and blood dripping down her leg. Click for photos.
(Read more Whitney Houston