Various reactions to the trade that will send Denver quarterback Tim Tebow to the New York Jets:
- Joe Namath: "I thinks it stinks," the Jets legend tells USA Today. Mark Sanchez should be "pissed."
- Woody Paige, Denver Post: His column recaps all things Tebow, from a generous heart off the field, to Tebowing, to the mechanical flaws that might prevent him from becoming an elite passer. "And never again will a young man or quarterback quite like Tim Tebow run or pass this way again."
- Bill Smee, Slate: "We don’t want you here," the Jets fan writes of Tebow. Best case, he doesn't play and the trade means nothing. Worst case, he becomes the starter and sets "the franchise back five years," writes Smee. "Hey, as a Jet fan, at least I'm used to that sort of thing."
- Mike Lupica, Daily News: "The Jets go out and get themselves a rock-star backup who happens to be one of the most famous athletes on the planet, and tell their fans he’s going to pitch middle relief." Nope, no quarterback controversy here—not until Sanchez throws an incompletion.
- Tebow himself: AllFacebook notes some status changes: "Tim updated his current city to New York, New York; Tim added New York Jets to his work; and Tim likes New York Jets."
- Bleacher Report rounds up the winners and losers in the deal here.
(Read more Tim Tebow