X

Real World Star Joey Kovar Dead at 29

Prescription drug overdose suspected
By Dustin Lushing,  Newser Staff
Posted Aug 17, 2012 5:57 PM CDT

(Newser) – Reality TV star Joey Kovar was found dead today at 29, the suspected cause a prescription drug overdose, reports E! Online. Kovar was a cast member on Real World: Hollywood in 2008, though he had to leave halfway through to go to rehab for drugs and alcohol, notes TMZ. The following year, he appeared on Celebrity Rehab.

story continues below

Kovar's body was discovered at a friend's home near Chicago. Another friend told E! of Kovar's struggle with pharmaceuticals. "He was prescribed anti-anxiety meds, but he would take so many, he didn't like the way it made him feel. So he would take Adderall to bring himself back up." The aspiring actor is survived by a young daughter. (Read more Joey Kovar stories.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.
Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
X