Tina Fey and Amy Poehler opened the Golden Globes by simultaneously flattering and teasing their fellow Hollywood bigwigs—including Amy Poehler. "I believe Amy is here tonight, can we get a shot of her?" Poehler asked as the camera cut to Jennifer Lawrence. Poehler was quick to note that she's heard Amy is a "complete b----" to work with, of course. More of their zingers from throughout the show:
- Fey called Gravity the film in which "George Clooney would rather float away into space and die than spend one more minute with a woman his age."
- "Meryl Streep is here," Fey noted. "Meryl Streep is so brilliant in August: Osage County, proving that there are still great parts in Hollywood for Meryl Streeps over 60."
- Both hosts kept insisting on referring to Tom Hanks as "Tam Honks."
- Poehler on The Wolf of Wall Street: "I really love the film, but some of it was too graphic. If I wanted to watch Jonah Hill masturbate at a pool party, I would go to one of Jonah Hill's pool parties."
- After Poehler won a best actress award for Parks and Recreation, Fey told her, "Congratulations to my friend Amy Poehler! I love you! There's a special place in hell for you!"—a reference, Vanity Fair points out, to Taylor Swift's jab at Fey and Poehler after last year's Golden Globes.
For more on the evening, click to watch the craziest acceptance speech, check out pictures of red carpet arrivals, or see who won. (Read more Golden Globes stories.)