Winning an Oscar is great ... but for these couples, rounded up by People, it was followed by the demise of their relationship less than a year later:
- George Clooney and Stacy Keibler: As a co-producer of Argo, Clooney won Best Picture last year—five months later, he and Keibler broke up after two years together.
- Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes: Winslet won Best Actress in 2009 for The Reader, calling Mendes "wonderful" in her acceptance speech. But a year later, their marriage was over.
- Hilary Swank and Chad Lowe: Swank won Best Actress in 2005 for Million Dollar Baby, and in her acceptance speech she told then-husband Lowe, "You are my everything." Eleven months later, they were separated.
- Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe: Witherspoon was another Best Actress winner (in 2006, for Walk the Line) who called her husband "wonderful" onstage; seven months later, she filed for divorce.
- Sean Penn and Robin Wright: But when Penn won Best Actor for Milk in 2009, though, he didn't thank Wright—and within six months, she had filed for divorce.
- Julia Roberts and Benjamin Bratt: When she won Best Actress for Erin Brockovich in 2001, she also barely mentioned Bratt onstage; three months later, they broke up.
- Sandra Bullock and Jesse James: She famously called him "really hot" during her acceptance speech when she won Best Actress for The Blind Side in 2010; just 47 days later, their marriage was over.
Click for the complete list
—or for happier news, check out nine couples in which both members have an Academy Award
. (Read more Ryan Phillippe