Gallup is out with its annual rankings of "well-being" in various communities, based on surveys of residents that encompass everything from jobs to physical and emotional health to community safety. The results: Provo, Utah, comes in at No. 1, while Huntington, W. Va., finishes last among 189 cities, reports USA Today. The top 10 cities in the survey:
- Provo-Orem, Utah
- Boulder, Colo.
- Fort Collins-Loveland, Colo.
- San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, Calif.
- Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Naples-Marco Island, Fla.
- San Luis Obispo-Paso Robles, Calif.
- San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, Calif.
- Lincoln, Neb.
The cities with the worst well-being:
- Huntington-Ashland, W.Va.-Ky.-Ohio
- Charleston, W.Va.
- Redding, Calif.
- Spartanburg, S.C.
- Hickory-Lenoir-Morganton, N.C.
- Beaumont-Port Arthur, Texas
- Columbus, Ga., Ala.
- Shreveport-Bossier City, La.
- Mobile, Ala.
- Evansville, Ind.-Ky.
The full report is at Healthways.com
. (Read more Gallup