Dr. Dre just became the richest man in hip-hop—and he's spreading his good fortune around. Last week, the rapper was partying at West Hollywood's Mondrian Hotel, and when he left, he gave his waitress a $5,000 tip. "She was stunned," a source tells Radar. He joins the ranks of these dozen other big celeb tippers:
- Earlier this month, Charlize Theron got Pinkberry in Hollywood, but didn't have cash to pay her $3.75 bill and promised to return. She came back more than an hour later ... and gave the employee a $100 bill, letting her keep the change, TMZ reports.
- Last year in a Philadelphia restaurant, Taylor Swift not only left a $500 tip—she also gave the head chef two tickets to her show the next night for his son, a big Swift fan, the New York Daily News reports.
- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, and their kids ordered $1,000 worth of food at a Japanese restaurant in Berlin last year—nearly everything on the menu—and then left a $846 tip, Entertainmentwise reports.
- In 2011, Jessica Simpson tipped 60% on a $500 restaurant bill at Lavo in New York, and also left her waitress a note telling her she makes the world "a better place," the Daily News reports.
- At a Welsh pub in 2009, Russell Crowe left a $1,000 tip on a $400 tab—and played an impromptu set with his band, Hello reports.
- When Conan O'Brien interviewed him earlier this year, Charles Barkley confirmed the longstanding rumor that he is an amazing tipper, and even once tipped $25,000 after winning $700,000 playing blackjack. "I probably should have tipped more, to be honest with you," he said.
- Jay Z once spent $250,000 on champagne at a Miami nightclub and then left a $50,000 tip, Radar reports.
- You might not expect it, but Paris Hilton is reportedly a great tipper, always generous with wait staff, manicurists, valets, and drivers, according to the Miami New Times.
- In 2008, David Beckham was out celebrating with teammates—all he drank was mineral water, and the bill only came to $100, but he left a $1,000 tip, Hollyscoop reports.
- Stained Apron keeps a running list, based on intel from servers, of good and bad celebrity tippers. On the nice list: Bill Murray, who reportedly once left an anonymous server a 120% tip on a $60 check.
- Johnny Depp ran up quite a bill at Gibson's steakhouse in Chicago in 2009, ordering a few $500 bottles of wine. At the end of the night, he left a $4,000 tip, Radar reports.
Want to see the other side of things? Check out 12 awful celebrity tippers
. (Read more tipping