Stephen Collins' soon-to-be ex-wife, Faye Grant, says she didn't release the tape that allegedly reveals the 7th Heaven actor admitting he molested three underage girls—but court documents obtained by People reveal more about the therapy session heard on the tape. "On January 19, 2012, I learned for the first time that Stephen had been living a secret life," she says in the 2013 documents. "In the presence of his therapist, Stephen admitted that he had engaged in a long-term pattern of sexually abusing minor children, including sexually molesting three young girls over a decade ago." And she's not done: Collins has "narcissistic personality disorder with sociopathic tendencies." The couple met in 1982 and married in 1985, and Collins filed for divorce in 2012.
In a statement yesterday, Grant said that she handed over the tape of Collins' alleged confession to authorities in 2012 "per their request in connection with a criminal investigation" and doesn't know how the media got hold of it. But Collins' lawyer tells TMZ that Grant "has repeatedly threatened to give this audiotape to the media unless Stephen agreed to pay her millions of dollars more than that to which she was legally entitled," and now it appears she's finally done so, "not surprisingly, on the eve of the trial in the divorce case where, again, she is seeking millions of dollars more than that to which she is legally entitled." More fallout:
- The UP TV cable channel, which airs 7th Heaven re-runs and other "uplifting" fare, pulled the series after the tape came out, the Los Angeles Times reports.
- Collins has been fired from his role in Ted 2, the sequel to Seth MacFarlane's 2012 film, and Deadline reports that he also resigned from SAG-AFTRA's national board.
- The NYPD confirms to the Times there is an open investigation; on the tape, Collins allegedly mentions two New York victims and one LA victim. The LAPD tells the Times it's reviewing the tape but hasn't opened a formal investigation.
- TMZ has more details of Collins' alleged misdeeds: One of the alleged victims is related to Collins' first wife, and sources say she told police she sometimes stayed with the couple when she was 10 years old and that Collins would come into her room wearing a towel, expose himself, and touch her with his penis.
- Last night, there were rumors Collins shot himself, and an LAPD officer explains to the New York Daily News what happened: "There was a news crew outside that heard a sound inside the residence that sounded like a pop, and they thought it might have been a gunshot." An actress who lives near Collins spread the false report on Twitter, but when the LAPD investigated, they determined Collins is "alive and well" and wasn't even at home at the time.
(Read more Stephen Collins