X

Rock Singer Electrocuted on Stage, Dies

Faulty wiring blamed in death of Agustín Briolini in Argentina
By John Johnson,  Newser Staff
Posted Nov 26, 2014 6:06 PM CST

(Newser) – A 21-year-old singer for a promising Argentine rock band is dead after being electrocuted on stage. Agustín Briolini of the group Krebs suffered the shock as he stepped toward a microphone, and faulty wiring is getting the early blame, reports the Daily Mail. Though accounts differ, the accident appears to have occurred during a sound check before a show and not during the show itself in the city of Villa Carlos Paz, reports the Austin American-Statesman.

story continues below

The newspaper quotes a Spanish-language publication as saying that Krebs had developed a sizable local following and seemed poised for larger success. Just prior to his death, Briolini had spoken about the origin of the band's name, a reference to the Krebs cycle and cellular respiration, explains Fox New Latino: "For us, making music is a cyclical process," he said. "The music we make, we give to people who get energy as a result." The audience returns the favor by "transforming" the energy and sending it back to the band. "We in turn accept and throw it back again with even more power in our music. It is a cycle with people and art." (Read more electrocution stories.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.
Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
X