Nate D. Sanders Auctions is selling 95 pieces of Prince memorabilia, and thanks to the fact that some of it was owned by Prince's ex-wife, Mayte Garcia, you can buy some pretty personal stuff, Vulture reports. Some of the items for sale:
- Prince's wedding china: There are 35 different lots available of the custom Lenox china produced for the Prince-Garcia marriage, much of it featuring "Prince's love symbol," but it's pricey: You could bid a minimum of $1,000 for a saucer, but if you want a truly impressive 50-piece set, you must bid at least $60,000.
- Garcia's engagement ring from Prince, and more: Perhaps Prince will seem more relatable when you realize that he sent his future bride on an engagement scavenger hunt: This lot, for which the minimum bid is $100,000, features not just Garcia's ring but "5 handwritten heart notes, which Prince used to lead her on a romantic journey to the ring."
- One of Prince's outfits: There are 38 available, and any one of them would make you the winner of any Prince-themed costume contest you may enter. There's a "velvet sequined stage jacket" or a set of gold mesh shirt, pants, and shoes, each of which are offered for a minimum bid of $15,000, for example. If you can't afford any of the outfits, consider one of five scarves on offer for $1,000 each.
- A piece of Prince's jewelry: There are seven available, or eight if you count the rhinestone-covered handcuffs he used during a 1994 performance on Soul Train. Minimum bid for those: $10,000.
- Garcia's wedding dress: Or, as the auction house more appropriately calls it, her wedding "ensemble." Minimum bid for the gown, a "wrap" that looks more like a robe, and a wedding portrait of Prince and Garcia: $25,000.
(Read more Prince