Ann Coulter is so yesterday. Meet Tomi Lahren, whom the New York Times recently called "the right's rising media star." Lahren is a 24-year-old conservative who has an impressive social media following and hosts a show on the Glenn Beck-founded network The Blaze. One of her most-viewed segments was a callout of Colin Kaepernick in which she called for black communities to "take some responsi-damn-bility for the problems of black communities"; it's been shared more than 1.5 million times since its August debut. Lahren has gotten more attention from the mainstream media since appearing on Trevor Noah's Daily Show last week; Noah had to specifically ask his audience not to boo Lahren: "Imagine you're at Thanksgiving again, and your racist uncle walked in." More coverage of the young star:
- Lahren worked for One America News before getting picked up by The Blaze. Here's the 2015 segment that went viral and got the Blaze's attention. In it, she called out President Obama's "halfway, half-baked, tip-toe, be-friendly-to-Jihadis mentality" after four Marines were shot in Chattanooga, Tenn.
- After the Daily Show interview aired, Lahren tweeted that if she were a "liberal snowflake," she would complain about fairness, seeing as only six minutes out of 26 minutes filmed ended up airing, per the Huffington Post, which has the full interview.
- New York magazine noted that the interview may have been Noah's "best work ever," and that in that moment he may have finally earned Jon Stewart's seat.
- Vox notes that Noah didn't "destroy" her so much as "reveal her views," which it says was a "much better" move. But the Huffington Post says that liberals cheering the interview are "missing the point" and need to start paying more attention.
- Charlamagne Tha God has been friendly with Lahren, and BET reports that the rapper was recently called out as being "not for black culture" as a result.
- For more background on Lahren, see here, here, and here. Or, Mic offers a look at her "most off-color rants."
(Read more conservative