X

CDC Director Might Be Regretting That Interview

Robert Redfield is walking back his comments on second wave of coronavirus
By Evann Gastaldo,  Newser Staff
Posted Apr 23, 2020 1:06 AM CDT

(Newser) – On Tuesday, the Washington Post published an interview with Dr. Robert Redfield in which the CDC director seemed to indicate an inevitable second wave of coronavirus infections was likely to be worse than this initial wave. By Wednesday, Redfield was walking back those remarks. President Trump tweeted Wednesday that Redfield had been "totally misquoted" and repeated that line at the start of the day's White House press briefing, NBC News reports.

  • Trump's line: "Totally misquoted. I spoke to him. He said it was ridiculous," Trump said at the briefing. "He was talking about the flu and corona coming together at the same time. And corona could be just some little flare-ups that we'll take care of. We're going to knock it out, we'll knock it out fast, but that's what he was referring to, coming together at the same time."

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.