The whole country may be having a love affair with Twitter, but a great many people are missing the point, argues blog Seldo.com. Among the things Twitter isn't:
- A replacement for email. "Idiot" Maureen Dowd's New York Times column was "entirely missing the point."
- A forum for self-obsessed hipsters (or is it?). Sure, people use it this way, but just because they're on Twitter doesn't mean that's all it's good for.
- Worth $1B. Don't believe the internet rumors—the source is "just some guy" with no real knowledge of the site's value.
- Your private blog. The plus side of Twitter is its openness, but that makes it vulnerable. It's not the place for anything you don't want eternally archived. Plus it's prone to hackers.
- A Google substitute. Twitter has great potential for real-time searches, but works best as a supplement to Google's information-based searches.
Click the link below for the full list.
(Read more Twitter