Michael Vick isn’t the first athlete who’s had to claw his way back from the wilderness. Time takes a look at the top sports comebacks ever, including:
- Muhammad Ali—The self-proclaimed “greatest of all time” bounced back after losing time for refusing to fight in Vietnam, then lost his rep in his first fight with Joe Frazier.
- Pelé—The greatest soccer player ever brought the sport to America in his comeback bid.
- Michael Jordan—After his ill-conceived attempt at baseball, Jordan returned to the Bulls with maybe the greatest press release ever. It read simply, “I’m back.”
- Brett Favre—When you come back that many times, some of them have to be good.
- Lance Armstrong—Even after years away from the sport, he managed to finished third in this year's Tour de France.
(Read more sports