Efforts at health care reform have produced some of the most memorable quotes of the year. The Yale Book of Quotations runs down the year's best, via AP:
- "Keep your government hands off my Medicare." Speaker at town hall meeting.
- "We're going to be in the Hudson." Captain Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger.
- "There's an app for that." Apple, in advertising for the iPhone.
- "You lie!" Joe Wilson.
- "The Cambridge police acted stupidly." Barack Obama.
- "I'm going to let you finish, but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time! One of the best videos of all time!" Kanye West.
- "Um, you guys said that we, um, did this for the show." Falcon Heene, aka Balloon Boy.
- "The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel.'" Sarah Palin.
- "The governor is hiking the Appalachian Trail." Spokesman for Mark Sanford.
- "You give me a water board, Dick Cheney and one hour, and I'll have him confess to the Sharon Tate murders." Jesse Ventura.
(Read more health care reform