Valentine's Day isn't just a manufactured holiday—it's "disgraceful," says New York life coach/single-people expert Jay Cataldo, who decides to climb onto his soapbox and tell The Bachelor Guy why it's time to make Feb. 14 just like any other day...and what belongs in its place:
- It's a Hallmark-led sham: "If McDonald's decided to launch 'Chicken McNugget Day,' should our girlfriends be forced to secure us a hefty 20 piece with extra sweet and sour?"
- It's overpriced: A dozen roses cost $90 one day a year and $24.99 the 364 other days. "Greedy bastards."
- It sucks for all the single ladies: "Society puts enough pressure on females to begin with. Should we really support a holiday that makes single women feel bad about themselves?"
- Women are competitive: Which wouldn't matter, except that the designer handbag your girl's best friend will get is going to make your $90 roses look pretty crappy.
- It's expected: "When Tony Soprano stops by our hotdog stand, we don’t hand over our cash to show our appreciation. We do it because we’re SCARED of what he’s gonna do to us if we don’t."
To read about his alternative, code name "DeAnna Day," click here
(Read more Valentine's Day