Tiger Woods’ public apology today joins the ranks of other famous—and extremely public—celebrity mea culpas. E! rounds up the top nine:
- Mel Gibson: After his DUI arrest, he tried to explain his sexist and anti-Semitic tirade to Diane Sawyer.
- Michael Richards: Used the N-word during a standup bit, and later apologized for it during Jerry Seinfeld's Late Show spot.
- Christian Bale: Called Los Angeles DJs Kevin and Bean to apologize for his expletive-filled rant on the set of Terminator: Salvation.
- Kobe Bryant: The charge against him for allegedly sexually assaulting a hotel employee was ultimately dropped, but Bryant still apologized for what he called consensual sex.
- John Mayer: Stopped his Nashville concert to apologize for using the N-word during a Playboy interview.
- Alec Baldwin: Apologized, via The View, for calling daughter Ireland a "rude, thoughtless pig."
For the complete list, click here
(Read more Tiger Woods