Growlers may be the new hipster trend, but good luck finding one in Alabama. Any beer bottle larger than 16 ounces is banned there, along with "sensuous" wine labels. That's just one of a dozen crazy liquor laws complied by Mother Jones:
- No sunrise mimosas in Alaska: you can't buy booze between 5am and 8am.
- Stay out of the driver's seat and the saddle if you've been imbibing in Colorado, where drunk horseback riding is illegal.
- No wetting your whistle in wet weather: Florida reserves the right to ban drinking during hurricanes.
- Be sure to head to the bar with a full wallet in Massachusetts, which outlaws happy hour specials.
- Don't dream about an icy cold one in Oklahoma: Alcohol must be sold at room temperature.
for more weird laws.
(Read more alcohol