Easter and Passover are coming up, which means more embarrassing incidents at family get-together, plus a silver lining: You could potentially score a book deal. Chris Mathias, writing for Nerve, lists five blogs based on “familial eccentricities” that have scored their creators some cash—or at least some popularity:
- Shit My Dad Says: Moving back in with your parents doesn’t suck so bad when your 73-year-old father’s hilarious utterings end up getting you a TV show—starring William Shatner, no less.
- Tiny Art Director: An artist’s 5-year-old daughter offers harsh critiques of his work, often involving the addition of dinosaurs or dragons. The book will be out soon.
- Sleep Talkin’ Man: A British woman’s hubby says hilarious things in his sleep, like, “Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.” After appearances on the Today show and World News Tonight, the couple started selling merchandise.
- Emails From My Mother: The founder started it as a tribute to her mom, but now reader contributions have turned it into “a great online repository of mothers being mothers," like the concerned mom who told her daughter she was "starting to look like a dyke."
- My Parents Were Awesome: At some point after our teenage years, we begin to realize that our parents were actually cool at one point. This is the place to submit photographic evidence.
(Read more Shit My Dad Says TV show