Some movie plots are so absurd, you have to award credit for achieving a spectacular level of ridiculousness. Based on the title alone, it’s obvious Hot Tub Time Machine (trailer at left) fits into this category. Here are nine more from Olivia Allin of The Frisky:
- Snakes on a Plane: Again, the title alone is enough to land this Samuel L. Jackson flick on the list.
- I Know Who Killed Me: “This movie is a great reminder that if you’re having really weird memories and feel like you have a split personality, you might just have a stigmatic twin you didn’t know about and could be suffering sympathetic resonance from her plights.” Right.
- MAC and Me: “The highlight of the movie is a 10-minute dance number outside of a McDonald’s, starring Ronald McDonald as himself. That’s one way to finance a movie!”
- Jaws: The Revenge: The shark basically tracks down the beleaguered family from the first movie and tortures them …“‘cause that’s what sharks do. They’re the bullies of the sea.”
- Attack of the Killer Tomatoes: Evil tomatoes kill people with methods involving “killer tomato juice, swimming tomatoes, and biting tomatoes.”
- Howard the Duck: “There’s a planet in the galaxy where humanoid ducks live parallel lives to humans, and when Howard the Duck is accidentally sucked to Earth, he falls for a struggling rock star named Beverly”—and they almost do it.
For the complete list, click here
(Read more Hot Tub Time Machine