Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Read recent news stories and current events about McDonald's on Newser.com
Stories 41 - 60 |
Sep 16, 2020 8:30 AM CDT
Cuddle With This Giant Chicken McNugget for $90
3-foot body pillow part of McDonald's 'lit' promotion with rapper Travis Scott is straining supply chain
- "We've created a program that’s so compelling to our customers that it's stretching our world-class supply chain, and if demand continues at these levels, more restaurants will break supply," reads a recent memo sent by McDonald's to franchisees and employees around the nation. That...
Suit: McDonald's 'Intentionally'
Hurt Black Franchisees
Sep 1, 2020 10:35 AM CDT
Suit: McDonald's 'Intentionally' Hurt Black Franchisees
Plaintiffs say they were steered into difficult situations, while white franchisees weren't
- More than 50 former franchisees accuse McDonald's of racial discrimination in a lawsuit that follows a similar complaint by Black executives. Also filed in federal court in Illinois, the latest suit claims Black franchisees were set up to fail with misleading financial information that steered them into undesirable locations...
McDonald's: Ex-CEO May Have
Covered Up Others' Misconduct
Aug 26, 2020 6:05 PM CDT
McDonald's: Ex-CEO May Have Covered Up Others' Misconduct
'The board will follow the facts wherever they may lead'
- McDonald's says former CEO Steve Easterbrook covered up the number of sexual relationships he had with employees—and he may have also covered up misconduct by other executives. The company announced Wednesday that it was widening its investigation to include the HR department, which was led by Easterbrook's...
Hits Back at the Chain
Aug 17, 2020 2:59 AM CDT
McDonald's Ex-CEO Hits Back at the Chain
Steve Easterbrook seeks to have fast food chain's lawsuit against him tossed
- The former CEO of McDonald's is hitting back at the fast food chain, filing court documents Friday seeking to have the company's lawsuit against him tossed. Steve Easterbrook was ousted last year due to an inappropriate relationship with an employee, and now McDonald's is seeking to recoup...
McDonald's CEO Scandal
Just Got Worse
Aug 10, 2020 8:53 AM CDT
McDonald's CEO Scandal Just Got Worse
Company sues ousted Stephen Easterbrook over alleged relationships, evidence destruction
- McDonald’s says it's suing Stephen Easterbrook, the CEO it ousted last year over an inappropriate relationship with an employee, alleging Monday that he covered up relationships with other employees and destroyed evidence. Easterbrook, according to a lawsuit, approved a special grant of restricted stock, worth hundreds of thousands...
No Mask, No Burger
Jul 24, 2020 2:27 PM CDT
No Mask, No Burger
Company plans training to deal with customers who refuse to wear face covering
- Starting Aug. 1, you won't be able to enter a McDonald's in the US without a face covering. Noting that 82% of its restaurants are in places under government pandemic mandates to wear a mask, the company said, "It's important we protect the safety of all...
McDonald's Reacts to the
Latest Coronavirus Surge
Jul 2, 2020 6:25 AM CDT
McDonald's Reacts to the Latest Coronavirus Surge
The chain won't be adding dine-in service for at least 3 weeks
- McDonald's is hitting the brakes on its US reopening plans as the coronavirus surges across the country, the
Wall Street Journal
reports. The megachain issued a statement Wednesday saying restaurants won't be told to add dine-in service for the next three weeks. Takeout, delivery, and drive-thru service, however,...
Lawsuit: McDonald's Gave
Workers Doggie Diapers
for Face Masks
Jun 18, 2020 10:45 AM CDT
Lawsuit: McDonald's Gave Workers Doggie Diapers for Face Masks
Workers infected with coronavirus are suing Oakland franchise
- Health authorities have said there is a certain amount of leeway in what materials can be used for face coverings—but they have never suggested using doggie diapers or coffee filters, as workers at a McDonald's in Oakland, Calif. say they were told to. Four workers who were infected...
Cop Makes Tearful Plea
Over McDonald's Order
Jun 17, 2020 5:30 PM CDT
Cop Makes Tearful Plea Over McDonald's Order
Stacy Talbert worried about what was in her food
- A police officer made an emotional video after waiting for a McDonald's breakfast sandwich that never seemed to come,
reports. The Georgia officer—identified by Heavy as Stacy Talbert—was near tears as she grew nervous over what might be in her food. "It doesn't matter...
McDonald's Is Making
Dozens of Changes
May 15, 2020 9:01 AM CDT
McDonald's Is Making Dozens of Changes
Guide to reopening restaurants is 59 pages long
- "We only get one chance to do this the right way," states a McDonald's guide to reopening its 14,000 US restaurants for dine-in service. The 59-page guide seen by the
Wall Street Journal
lists dozens of changes restaurants must implement "in addition to state and...
Guy Throws Rock,
May 11, 2020 9:25 AM CDT
Cops: Booted From McDonald's, Guy Throws Rock, Steals Panties
Jason Daddario, 37, was charged with criminal mischief and breach of peace
- A man who'd been kicked out of a McDonald's restaurant for having no face mask threw a rock through the window, stole some underwear from a Walmart, and surrendered when police threatened to set a dog on him, authorities said. The AP reports that Jason Daddario, 37, was...
Cops: McDonald's Workers Shot
Over Virus-Closed Dining Area
May 7, 2020 8:25 AM CDT
Cops: McDonald's Workers Shot Over Virus-Closed Dining Area
3 employees injured in shooting, scuffle in Oklahoma City
- Two employees of a McDonald's in southwest Oklahoma City were shot Wednesday in what authorities described as a dispute involving the closure of the restaurant's dining area. A third employee who fell and suffered a head injury during the scuffle was also taken to hospital, per KOCO . Oklahoma...
McDonald's Sorry for
'Supersize Lack in
Mar 25, 2020 7:53 AM CDT
McDonald's Sorry for 'Supersize Lack in Judgment'
Humps in golden arches practiced social distancing in some parts of world before outcry
- Several weeks into the coronavirus outbreak , the term "social distancing" is falling off of everyone's lips as easily as "TGIF" (btw, is it Friday yet? Does it even matter anymore?). Now the concept has wormed its way into one of the world's fast-food institutions. Around the...
Its Dining Rooms
Mar 17, 2020 6:20 AM CDT
McDonald's Closing Its Dining Rooms
Chain shutters dine-in, play areas for company-owned sites in US amid coronavirus outbreak
- Parents hoping to ease the stress of being cooped up at home during the novel coronavirus outbreak can still treat the kids to Happy Meals—but in many cases, they won't be able to enjoy their fast-food repasts in the restaurants themselves. The chain announced Monday it will be...
McDonald's Just Spread
Some More 'Big Mac Love'
Mar 11, 2020 4:00 PM CDT
McDonald's Just Spread Some More 'Big Mac Love'
Welcome the Double Big Mac and Little Mac
- The Double Big Mac has arrived. The four-patty burger, dressed like your usual two-patty Big Mac, will be added to the McDonald's menu at participating restaurants for a limited time beginning Thursday, CNN reports. The Double Big Mac—not to be confused with the Grand Mac —has long...
Joey Chestnut Crushes
Big Mac Eating Record
Mar 6, 2020 12:10 AM CST
Joey Chestnut Crushes Big Mac Eating Record
He gobbled 32 burgers in 38 minutes
- Competitive eating juggernaut Joey Chestnut smashed the world record for eating Big Macs Thursday—and lived to tell the tale. "I'm having a cheat day," he declared before eating 32 Big Macs in 38 minutes in a video he posted on social media. He admitted he was...
Wendy's Adds Breakfast,
and McDonald's Takes a Shot
Mar 2, 2020 10:25 AM CST
Wendy's Adds Breakfast, and McDonald's Takes a Shot
'National Egg McMuffin' day coincides with rival chain's rollout
- For those who like their breakfast fast-food-style, these next few weeks should be good times. Wendy's rolled out a breakfast menu nationally on Monday, and rival chains are expected to cut costs and offer special deals as a way to keep regulars on board. Coverage:
These Candles Are for Hard-
Core McDonald's Fans Only
Feb 22, 2020 9:00 AM CST
These Candles Are for Hard- Core McDonald's Fans Only
6-pack of custom-scented candles smell like a Quarter Pounder when all burned together
- You know that heavenly smell of hamburger that wafts into your car as you're on the McDonald's drive-thru line? You can have that all day at home now, thanks to a new product offered by the fast-food chain. The Quarter Pounder Scented Candle Pack advertised on the restaurant'...
McDonald's 'Declared War'
on African Americans: Suit
Jan 9, 2020 9:34 AM CST
McDonald's 'Declared War' on African Americans: Suit
It claims racial discrimination turned 'overt' under former CEO
- Two black executives at McDonald's are suing the company they say has "declared war against the African American community." Vicki Guster-Hines and Domineca Neal claim discrimination in their demotions from vice president to senior director positions in Dallas in 2018, per the
. But they also say...
Officer No Longer With Force
After Coffee Cup Hoax
Dec 31, 2019 6:43 AM CST
Officer No Longer With Force After Coffee Cup Hoax
He claimed 'f---ing pig' was written on cup
- A small-town police officer in Kansas is off the force because of a weird hoax involving a coffee cup. Herington Police Chief Brian Hornaday said Monday that the officer resigned after confessing that he had falsely claimed a McDonald's in Junction City gave him a coffee cup with the...
Stories 41 - 60 |
Popular on Newser
Teen Defeated Their Daughters. They Forced Probe Into Her Gender
FBI Report Details Angelina Jolie's 2016 Plane Ride With Brad Pitt
Apple Warns of Serious Security Flaw
'Imbeciles' Pay for Surfing Canal
Planes on Final Approach to Airport Collide in Mid-Air
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.