Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Jan 17, 2022 2:03 PM CST
Cowboys QB Under Fire for Post-Game Ref Comments
Dak Prescott gave fans 'credit' for tossing trash at referees
- Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott might be taking more criticism for his comments following a loss on Sunday than for the game itself. Short version: Dallas fans thought the refs blew a call on the final play that cost them a chance to win. When informed that some people tossed...
Things Got Ugly After
Dallas' Wild Playoff Loss
Jan 17, 2022 6:45 AM CST
Things Got Ugly After Dallas' Wild Playoff Loss
Fans throw trash at referees, and QB Dak Prescott praises them for it
- One of the NFL wild-card games over the weekend ended in particularly ugly fashion: Dallas fans peppered the referees with trash as they left the field, and Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott praised the move: "A credit to them," he said, reports the
Dallas Morning News
. The comment came...
Watching Football With
Mannings a Hit for ESPN
Sep 28, 2021 5:03 PM CDT
Watching Football With Mannings a Hit for ESPN
Super Bowl champ brothers drew almost 2M viewers
- Some football fans need complete silence to enjoy the game. But for the people who think spending Sunday on the couch with friends and family hollering at the TV is perfect, the Manning brothers on ESPN2 was a delight. Peyton and Eli Manning, both two-time Super Bowl champions, watched the...
Cowboys QB Gets Surgery
After Gruesome Injury
Oct 12, 2020 12:50 AM CDT
Cowboys QB Gets Surgery After Gruesome Injury
Dak Prescott fractured his ankle during Dallas' game against the Giants
- It was an emotional night for the Dallas Cowboys and their fans as star quarterback Dak Prescott suffered a devastating injury in the NFL team's game Sunday against the New York Giants. Prescott "got tangled up with a Giants tackler," per
, and their legs twisted...
Cowboys, Texans Players
Test Positive for COVID-19
Jun 15, 2020 5:32 PM CDT
Cowboys, Texans Players Test Positive for COVID-19
Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliot is 'feeling good,' agent says
- Several Dallas Cowboys and Houston Texans players have tested positive for COVID-19, sources tell NFL Network , thought the teams have declined to provide the exact number. The sources say none of the players has been in the team's facilities and the proper health protocols were followed. Rocky Arceneaux, agent...
Dies at 31
Apr 24, 2020 2:45 PM CDT
Brother of Cowboys QB Dies at 31
Jace Prescott played college ball for Northwestern State
- Jace Prescott, a former offensive lineman at Northwestern State and older brother of Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott, died Thursday. The Cowboys announced the death, CBS Sports reports, but did not give the cause. "He was a great kid who dominated games," Jace Prescott's high school football...
Pick a New
Jan 6, 2020 10:40 AM CST
Beleaguered Cowboys Pick a New Coach
Green Bay veteran Mike McCarthy will replace Jason Garrett
- The Dallas Cowboys didn't take long to settle on Mike McCarthy as their coach after waiting a week to announce they were moving on from Jason Garrett, per the AP . McCarthy, who won a Super Bowl at the home of the Cowboys nine years ago as Green Bay's...
The Home Team Was Winning.
Then, a Streak of Black
Nov 5, 2019 9:25 AM CST
The Home Team Was Winning. Then, a Streak of Black
Black cat haunts New York Giants at home
- It might've been a sign of good luck had the Carolina Panthers been on the field. Instead, the New York Giants suffered a "
-astrophe" Monday after a black cat interrupted the first half of an NFL game against the Dallas Cowboys, reports
. The cat sprinted onto the...
Dallas Station: Sorry
We Delayed Tornado
Warning for Football
Oct 22, 2019 6:33 AM CDT
Dallas Station: Sorry We Delayed Tornado Warning for Football
'We know that seconds matter'
- A Dallas TV station has apologized for taking six minutes to decide that a tornado warning was worth interrupting coverage of the Cowboys game over. NBC affiliate KXAS issued a statement admitting that although its meteorologists were tracking thunderstorms Sunday night, they delayed breaking into programming when a tornado warning...
Ellen Sat Next to Dubya at a
Football Game. Then, Backlash
Oct 8, 2019 7:11 AM CDT
Ellen Sat Next to Dubya at a Football Game. Then, Backlash
After criticism, DeGeneres explained it's OK to be friends with people who have different beliefs
- Celebrity, politics, and sports merged into one headline Monday after a flap over an NFL game that Ellen DeGeneres went to this weekend. The 61-year-old talk show host and her wife, Portia de Rossi, went to the Dallas Cowboys-Green Bay Packers game on Sunday as the guest of Charlotte Jones,...
NFL's Marshawn Lynch Wears
'Everybody vs. Trump' T-Shirt
Oct 2, 2017 2:33 AM CDT
NFL's Marshawn Lynch Wears 'Everybody vs. Trump' T-Shirt
Fewer players took a knee before Sunday's games
- "Very important that NFL players STAND tomorrow, and always, for the playing of our National Anthem," President Trump tweeted Saturday. He did not get his wish, though fewer players decided to take a knee during the national anthem before Sunday's games, Reuters reports. Many players, however, knelt...
Cowboys, Owner Take
a Knee Before Anthem
Sep 26, 2017 12:27 AM CDT
Cowboys, Owner Take a Knee Before Anthem
It was a statement on 'unity and equality,' Jones says
- Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones joined players, coaches, and team execs in an impressive display of unity before Monday night's game against the Arizona Cardinals. They took a knee before the national anthem, drawing boos from some members of the crowd in Arizona, before standing locked arm in arm...
NFL Player Suspended 6 Games
Over Domestic Assault Claims
Aug 11, 2017 3:33 PM CDT
NFL Player Suspended 6 Games Over Domestic Assault Claims
Dallas Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott has 3 days to appeal the decision
- Ezekiel Elliott won't be playing in the first six games of the upcoming NFL season, due to domestic violence accusations from his ex-girlfriend. Tiffany Thompson says that the Dallas Cowboys running back physically attacked her multiple times in July of last year. Though the city attorney's office...
NFL Player Wrongly ID'd as
Shoplifter, Cut From Team
Jul 26, 2017 9:15 AM CDT
NFL Player Wrongly ID'd as Shoplifter, Cut From Team
Lucky Whitehead says he was 'blindsided,' then cut from Dallas Cowboys
- "Lucky" Whitehead's first name hasn't proved prescient lately, though he doesn't bear any fault in the most recent matter. Whitehead (whose real first name is Rodney, per NBC News ), who used to be a wide receiver for the Dallas Cowboys, was cut from the team...
Cowboys Player Says Puppy
Is Being Held for Ransom
Jul 18, 2017 12:01 AM CDT
Cowboys Player Says Puppy Is Being Held for Ransom
Dognappers want $10K for Blitz
- Cowboys wide receiver Lucky Whitehead is asking for help locating his pitbull Blitz after burglars took the dog and demanded a $10,000 ransom. Whitehead tells NBC 5 in Dallas that he was in Florida last week when Blitz was taken from his Texas home, along with some shoes and...
for New Gig
Apr 4, 2017 8:21 AM CDT
Report: Tony Romo Leaving NFL for New Gig
Networks eying QB as an analyst
- Sidelined for all but five games over the past two NFL seasons, Tony Romo is opting for retirement, reports ESPN . Insiders say the Dallas Cowboys quarterback is expected to retire from football Tuesday with plans to pursue a broadcasting career. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport confirmed the news, per NFL....
NFL Nixes Dallas Cowboys' Decal Honoring Slain Cops
Aug 11, 2016 12:33 PM CDT
NFL Nixes Dallas Cowboys' Decal Honoring Slain Cops
'Arm in Arm' helmet decals cannot be worn during preseason, regular season
- Last month, the Dallas Cowboys unveiled a helmet decal meant to show solidarity with the Dallas Police Department after five officers were murdered. But on Wednesday, the NFL rejected the team's request to wear the decals during the preseason, the
Fort Worth Star-Telegram
reports. The Cowboys had already been...
4 Killed in Crash Involving
Dallas Cowboys Staff Bus
Jul 25, 2016 12:03 AM CDT
4 Killed in Crash Involving Dallas Cowboys Staff Bus
No players on board, team says
- A bus carrying Dallas Cowboys staffers but no players collided with a van Sunday on an Arizona highway, killing four people in the van, authorities say. The bus occupants emerged uninjured from the crash, an Arizona Department of Public Safety spokesman says. "All on the bus came through OK...
3 of 5
Jul 19, 2016 3:37 PM CDT
3 of 5 Most Valuable Sports Teams Aren't American
But the Cowboys are No. 1
is out with its annual list of the most valuable sports franchises on the planet, and Americans might be surprised to see that three of the top five are soccer teams outside the US. Still, coming in at No. 1 were the Dallas Cowboys, while 27 of the...
NFL Star Breaks
... an iPhone
Jun 16, 2016 8:32 AM CDT
NFL Star Breaks Elbow Catching ... an iPhone
It was brand new, guys
- Darren McFadden might lose his spot as the Dallas Cowboys' starting running back thanks to a slippery iPhone. McFadden—fourth in the league for rushing last season—nearly dropped his brand new iPhone at his home over Memorial Day weekend. In an effort to catch it, he cracked his right...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
After 24-Hour Treatment, Frogs Started Regrowing Lost Limbs
Retrieval of Sunken F35 Is 'Vitally Important' for US
Buffalo Bills Have Fans Arrested Over Their Vaccine Cards
After Bridge Collapses, a Human Chain Forms
Michael Madsen: Son's Death Is 'Mind-Blowing'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.