Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Read the latest gossip and news about Rihanna on Newser.com
Stories 1 - 20 |
Rihanna, Dad Won't Meet
in Court After All
Sep 8, 2021 2:11 PM CDT
Rihanna, Dad Won't Meet in Court After All
She sued over the use of their last name for his business in 2019
Just two weeks before Rihanna was due to meet her father in court over allegations that he was using their shared last name inappropriately, the case has been dropped. The BBC reports the singer alleged Ronald Fenty claimed his Fenty Entertainment was tied to Rihanna, and through it participated...
Business Ventures Have
Made Rihanna a Billionaire
Aug 4, 2021 12:33 PM CDT
Business Ventures Have Made Rihanna a Billionaire
Forbes says she's now the world's richest female musician
- Barbados-born star Rihanna now has a fortune bigger than the economies of some of her homeland's Caribbean neighbors.
reports that the 33-year-old is now officially a billionaire—and the world's richest female musician—with an estimated net worth of $1.7 billion. But while she has had...
Rihanna Is 'the One'
May 20, 2021 7:32 AM CDT
A$AP Rocky: Rihanna Is 'the One'
'She amounts to probably, like, a million of the other ones'
- Samuel Hines says that as soon he mentioned Rihanna to A$AP Rocky during a GQ interview, the rapper started "beaming like a teenager whose crush just accepted his prom invite" and called her "the love of my life." Life, the rapper told Hines, is "so much...
Tweets by Rihanna,
Others Irk India
Feb 3, 2021 7:09 PM CST
Tweets by Rihanna, Others Irk India
#FarmersProtest tweets 'neither accurate nor responsible,' government says
- A tweet from singer Rihanna has apparently drawn the ire of the Indian government. On Tuesday, the pop star tweeted a news story about ongoing protests by farmers in India over controversial new agriculture laws with the message: “Why aren’t we talking about this #FarmersProtest.” Soon after,...
Rapper's Surprise Release
Includes an Apology
Dec 19, 2020 1:02 PM CST
Rapper's Surprise Release Includes an Apology
He says sorry to singer Rihanna
- Eminem's surprise album, which was released Thursday night, includes a apology. In a track titled "Zeus," the Detroit rapper seeks to atone for a line from a decade-old song in which he endorsed singer Chris Brown's 2009 assault on his then-girlfriend, singer Rihanna. That song—which...
Rihanna Makes a
Little History at
Apr 1, 2020 6:03 AM CDT
Rihanna Makes a Little History at
She dons a durag on the May 2020 cover
contributing editor Funmi Fetto calls it "a powerful mic-drop moment."
fashion editor Priya Elan calls it history in the making. What's going on? Rihanna is the first woman to grace the cover of
in a durag (see it here ), a look...
the Thing She
'Couldn't Dare Do'
Oct 10, 2019 6:33 AM CDT
Rihanna Explains the Thing She 'Couldn't Dare Do'
It relates to the Super Bowl
- Maroon 5 rocked the stage at Super Bowl LIII, but only after other performers refused the gig with Colin Kaepernick in mind. Rihanna was one of them and, months later, she has no regrets. "I couldn’t dare do that. For what? Who gains from that? Not my people,...
Meet the World's
Jun 5, 2019 8:37 AM CDT
Meet the World's Richest Female Musician and Her $600M
That would be Rihanna, per 'Forbes'
- The world's richest female musician has a net worth of $600 million—and it's mainly not from her music.
has bestowed the honor upon Rihanna, noting that the bulk of her fortune (about $570 million of it) comes from the Fenty Beauty cosmetics line she co-owns with...
Rihanna's Fashion First:
Her Own Label at LVMH
May 10, 2019 4:54 PM CDT
Rihanna's Fashion First: Her Own Label at LVMH
Singer to launch a luxury line, Fenty, this spring
- Rihanna is entering a new field with "no artistic limits." In a few weeks, the singer will unveil the first products of her new Fenty label. That will make her the first woman to create an original brand for LVMH, the BBC reports, and the first woman of...
This Year's Most
Met Gala Looks
May 8, 2018 12:31 AM CDT
This Year's Most Eye-Catching Met Gala Looks
Divine designs was the theme
- Divine designs floated up the red carpet at Monday's religion-themed Met Gala in shimmering golds, reds, and fuchsia; in crowns and in crosses; and even a pair of giant wings. One lesson of the night: If anyone can make a mitre modern, it's Rihanna. The Grammy-winning artist arrived...
Ad Does Not
Go Over Well
Mar 15, 2018 4:02 PM CDT
'Slap Rihanna' Ad Does Not Go Over Well With Rihanna
Or anyone else, for that matter
- Snapchat is in hot water over an ad that appeared on its app asking if you'd rather "slap Rihanna" or "punch Chris Brown." Snapchat quickly pulled the ad after images of it appeared on social media, telling the BBC in a statement Tuesday that the ad...
Was Most Talked-About
Jan 29, 2018 6:32 AM CST
Anti-Abortion Dress Was Most Talked-About at Grammys
Rihanna skipped red carpet but wowed in trenchcoat
- There were plenty of dazzling looks on display at this year's Grammy Awards, but there was a clear standout as most talked-about: Joy Villa turned up with a "Choose Life" handbag and had a picture of a fetus hand-painted on her ballgown,
reports. The musician—who...
Spotify Has a Very
Different Artist of
Year Than Grammys
Dec 5, 2017 10:55 AM CST
Spotify Has a Very Different Artist of Year Than Grammys
Ed Sheeran, largely shut out of awards nominations, is most streamed artist of the year
- The Grammys may have dissed Ed Sheeran, but Spotify says he's the most streamed artist of the year. The streaming service announced Tuesday that Sheeran tops its 2017 list with 6.3 billion streams. He also has Spotify's biggest album of the year with
Takes Up Cause
Nov 21, 2017 4:19 PM CST
Outraged Rihanna Takes Up Cause of Woman Serving Life
Cyntoia Brown killed a man who paid her for sex when she was 16
- If the name Cyntoia Brown isn't familiar, that could change soon thanks to the advocacy of Rihanna and other celebs. An Instagram post by Rihanna caused the hashtag FREECYNTOIABROWN to go viral Tuesday, reports the
. The 29-year-old Brown is serving a life sentence in Tennessee for a murder...
Chris Brown Describes
Night He Beat Rihanna
Aug 16, 2017 4:35 PM CDT
Chris Brown Describes Night He Beat Rihanna
'I felt like a f---ing monster'
- In a clip from Chris Brown's new documentary ,
Chris Brown: Welcome to My Life
, that is currently making headlines, the singer describes how his "fairytale" romance with Rihanna turned to a nightmare,
reports. After he lied to her about cheating on her in the early days...
Internet Loses It
After Chris Brown
Aug 8, 2017 12:30 PM CDT
Internet Loses It After Chris Brown Comments on Rihanna's Instagram
Most of her fans think he should stay away
- Rihanna is in Barbados for Carnival , and on Monday she posted a photo to Instagram of herself sporting blue hair and a bejeweled bikini for the occasion. One of the people who commented on said photo? Chris Brown. The comment, posted from his official Instagram account, was simply the "...
a New Beau
Jun 29, 2017 7:55 AM CDT
Rihanna Has a New Beau
She was spotted smooching Saudi billionaire Hassan Jameel
- Rihanna has a new beau under her umbrella, er, in her pool. The superstar is reportedly dating Saudi billionaire Hassan Jameel, who was spotted getting cozy with the singer in a pool in Spain recently, reports TMZ . According to
, Jameel runs a charitable branch of his family's Abdul...
In NBA Finals, Rihanna
Has Unexpected Role
Jun 2, 2017 9:08 AM CDT
In NBA Finals, Rihanna Has Unexpected Role
Kevin Durant seems to glare at her after a taunt
- The NBA finals got underway Thursday, and one name making headlines isn't on either the Golden State Warriors or Cleveland Cavaliers. Yes, Rihanna allegedly shouted "Brick!" at Kevin Durant of the Warriors as he prepared to shoot a free throw, and, later, Durant appeared to stare her...
Met Gala Looks
May 2, 2017 1:52 AM CDT
10 Most Eye-Popping Met Gala Looks
Rihanna declared 'queen of the ball'
- High fashion was on display once again at the Met Gala Monday night, and it was all about avant-garde this year, in tribute to honoree Rei Kawakubo, the 74-year-old Japanese creator of the Comme des Garcons label. Some of the most talked-about looks at one of the ritziest nights on...
the Year: Rihanna
Feb 23, 2017 10:41 AM CST
Humanitarian of the Year: Rihanna
At least according to Harvard
- Rihanna is more than just a musician: She's Harvard University's Humanitarian of the Year for 2017. In announcing the honor, the university noted Rihanna's charitable projects, including a breast cancer screening and treatment center she helped build in Barbados and a scholarship program she created for students...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Crazy Homecoming Scandal May Result in Serious Jail Time
61 People Have Been Stuck in a Pub Since Friday
Fauci Says US Could Face 'Fifth Wave' as Omicron Spreads
A Model Died After an LA Party. Now Her Friend Is Brain-Dead
After 3 Years, Mystery of Whale Postcards Is Solved
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.