Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
They Heard a 'Dog'
in the Plane's Belly.
Then a Voice
Asked for Water
Aug 17, 2019 7:30 AM CDT
They Heard a 'Dog' in the Plane's Belly. Then a Voice Asked for Water
Officials bust alleged stowaway in Miami on Swift Air flight from Havana
- It sounded like a dog in the cargo hold of the Swift Air plane from Havana that had just landed in Miami early Friday. Then: "I'm not a dog." The voice from the belly of the private charter plane, officials say, was that of a Cuban stowaway,...
'I Don't Know
How a Person
Can Survive a
Fall Like That'
Aug 15, 2019 11:50 AM CDT
'I Don't Know How a Person Can Survive a Fall Like That'
Skydiver hurt but expected to live after chute doesn't open during 5,000-foot plummet
- She fell nearly 5,000 feet to the ground from a plane during a skydiving jump after her parachute failed to open, but by some "miracle," a 30-year-old woman in Canada is still alive, with non-life-threatening injuries. "I don't know how a person can survive a...
Cops: Student's Fall Out
of Plane Was Intentional
Aug 1, 2019 8:25 AM CDT
Cops: Student's Fall Out of Plane Was Intentional
Pilot, passenger struggled to hold onto Alana Cutland, 19, over Madagascar: cops
- A British student at Cambridge who was studying crabs along the Madagascar shoreline for an internship has plummeted to her death from a plane, and authorities say it looks like it wasn't an accident. The
reports Alana Cutland, 19, fell from the Cessna-style light aircraft last week as...
The Plane Prepped for Takeoff.
Then, a Man From the Bushes
in case you missed it
Jul 27, 2019 7:00 AM CDT
The Plane Prepped for Takeoff. Then, a Man From the Bushes
Passengers on Azman Air flight in Nigeria filled with 'fear and panic' as man climbs onto wing
- "Fear and panic" is how Africanews describes the mood in the cabin of an Azman Air flight in Nigeria on Friday, though the odd happening ended with no one getting hurt. CNN reports the incident took place in the domestic section of Murtala Muhammed International airport in the nation'...
Woman Hit With 6-Figure
Bill Over Plane Behavior
Jul 18, 2019 8:34 AM CDT
Woman Hit With 6-Figure Bill Over Plane Behavior
Jet2 accuses Chloe Haines of a 'catalog of aggressive, abusive, dangerous behavior'
- A sonic boom created by two Royal Air Force Typhoon fighters who rushed to a Jet2 plane in June alarmed Londoners . Now, a second boom, in the form of a $105,000 bill handed to the woman who triggered that response. CNN reports Chloe Haines has also been banned for...
They Were Flying From
NY to London. Then, Smoke
Jul 5, 2019 6:57 AM CDT
They Were Flying From NY to London. Then, Smoke
Fire on Virgin Atlantic flight may have been caused by phone charger
- Passengers had just settled in for the flight over the ocean from New York to London when they found out they were touching down on the wrong side of the Atlantic: in Boston. The BBC and AP report the Virgin Atlantic plane bound for Heathrow out of JFK was forced...
MH370, 5 Years
Later: 'The Riddle
May Not Be Deep'
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Jun 23, 2019 7:50 AM CDT
MH370, 5 Years Later: 'The Riddle May Not Be Deep'
'Atlantic' follows detective work of 'beachcomber' Blaine Gibson, wonders what Malaysian cops know
- It's been more than five years since Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 disappeared en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, and it doesn't seem we're much closer to knowing where it is now than we were immediately after the plane with 239 on board vanished on March 8,...
5 Years After MH17 Was
Shot Down, Murder Charges
Jun 19, 2019 7:57 AM CDT
5 Years After MH17 Was Shot Down, Murder Charges
3 Russians, one Ukrainian are named
- MH17 was downed over the Ukraine on July 17, 2014, while en route from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur. Now, the first criminal charges in the case. The BBC reports international arrest warrants have been issued for Igor Girkin, Sergey Dubinskiy, and Oleg Pulatov of Russia and Leonid Kharchenko of the...
Uses the Word
Jun 16, 2019 12:31 PM CDT
Boeing CEO Uses the Word 'Mistake'
But Dennis Muilenburg says the company will be 'better and stronger'
- The chief executive of Boeing said the company made a "mistake" in handling a problematic cockpit warning system in its 737 Max jets before two crashes of the top-selling plane killed 346 people, and he promised transparency as the US aircraft maker tries to get the grounded model back...
Screaming Man on Plane
Jun 15, 2019 1:00 PM CDT
Passengers Subdue Screaming Man on Plane
Passengers shouted in fear and children were crying
- Passengers on a Turkish Airlines jetliner flying to Sudan had to subdue a man who started screaming a few minutes after takeoff and began smashing at an oxygen mask box and then a cabin window, before pushing flight attendants aside and rushing toward the cockpit, the AP reports. Associated Press...
To Cover US Deal,
Will Sell His Plane
Jun 13, 2019 1:14 PM CDT
To Cover US Deal, Mexico's President Will Sell His Plane
Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador flies commercial anyway
- Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador plans to fulfill a 2018 campaign promise to sell the country's presidential plane—though the estimated $150 million won't go to help poor communities as he initially stated. As the BBC reports, funds from the sale of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner will...
'World's Biggest' Plane
Flies for the First Time
Apr 13, 2019 4:20 PM CDT
'World's Biggest' Plane Flies for the First Time
Stratolaunch jet was Microsoft co-founder's dream
- A giant six-engine aircraft with the world's longest wingspan completed what company officials called a superb initial flight over California's Mojave Desert, bringing to life a dream held by the late Microsoft co-founder Paul G. Allen, the AP reports. Stratolaunch Systems Corp. chief executive Jean Floyd said Saturday...
Pilot's Fatal Mistake? Letting
Dog Sit in Passenger Seat
Apr 11, 2019 1:06 PM CDT
Pilot's Fatal Mistake? Letting Dog Sit in Passenger Seat
NTSB says pet likely hit controls, caused 2017 crash of small plane
- A man's decision to let his dog ride in the passenger seat of his small plane ultimately doomed him, the NTSB says in a new report on a 2017 plane crash. The single-engine airplane flown by Jerry Naylor, 90, a former commercial pilot, crashed into a cornfield 50 yards...
As Boeing Makes Fixes,
Harsh Words From Capitol Hill
Mar 28, 2019 7:10 AM CDT
As Boeing Makes Fixes, Harsh Words From Capitol Hill
FAA 'put fox in charge of henhouse,' senator says
- It's not admitting faulty systems in its 737 MAX planes were the cause, but Boeing has still gone ahead with updates to the aircraft after two crashes in recent months that killed hundreds. The BBC reports the aerospace company has reconfigured anti-stalling software that investigators suspect may have jammed...
Jennifer Aniston Was Headed
to Mexico. Then, an Emergency
Feb 16, 2019 8:30 AM CST
Jennifer Aniston Was Headed to Mexico. Then, an Emergency
Star's private plane safely lands at Calif. airport after landing gear malfunction
- What was likely a festive mood on Jennifer Aniston's private jet headed to Cabo San Lucas quickly changed Friday after a mechanical issue forced an emergency landing in California.
reports that Aniston and nine other passengers were on their way to Mexico from Los Angeles to celebrate the...
Flight Ever to Hawaii
Feb 2, 2019 8:00 AM CST
Passengers Experience Most Disappointing Flight Ever to Hawaii
Flight 33 was forced to return to LAX 3 times before the flight was just canceled
- You know that feeling when you start your vacation and you just really, really want to get to your destination? Try to imagine, then, how passengers on Hawaiian Airlines Flight 33 felt Friday, when their plane from Los Angeles International Airport, bound for Maui, took off a total of three...
Teen's Plan to Get to Concert
Involved Plane He Couldn't Fly
Jan 28, 2019 12:25 PM CST
Teen's Plan to Get to Concert Involved Plane He Couldn't Fly
Zemarcuis Scott wanted to get from Arkansas to Chicago to see Famous Dex, apparently
- An Arkansas teen has pleaded guilty to trying to steal a commercial plane so he could fly to Chicago to attend a rap concert, the AP reports. Per the
Texarkana Gazette ,
Zemarcuis Scott of Texarkana pleaded guilty Thursday to attempted theft of property and commercial burglary and was sentenced to...
Plane Turns Around After
'Life-Critical Cargo' Left Behind
Dec 14, 2018 9:52 AM CST
Plane Turns Around After 'Life-Critical Cargo' Left Behind
That would be a human heart, forgotten on a Southwest flight headed to Dallas
- The passengers on Southwest Flight 3606 were somewhere over Idaho Sunday when their captain came over the PA with a message: They were headed back to Seattle. That's because there was a "life-critical cargo shipment" that had been left on board, per the
: a donated human...
Kim, Kanye Take
'Unbelievably Wasteful' Trip
Nov 28, 2018 7:21 AM CST
Kim, Kanye Take 'Unbelievably Wasteful' Trip
Commenters call the pair 'obnoxious' for private 747 flight
- Just days after a dire climate-change report was issued by the US government—and devastating California wildfires that researchers say were exacerbated by climate change—Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are taking their own heat on environmental issues. Per
, the backlash comes after video emerged Monday on Instagram showing...
Pilot Glides Right
Nov 27, 2018 7:44 AM CST
Pilot Glides Right Past Destination While Napping: Officials
Aussie authorities say plane missed its mark by 30 miles or so before pilot woke up, turned around
- The plane's destination: King Island, Tasmania. Where the pilot ended up: not King Island, Tasmania—at least not at first—after officials say the pilot took a snooze and overshot the planned landing by 30 miles or so. The Australian Transport Safety Bureau is citing the pilot's "...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
After Backlash, Rittenhouse's Student Status Changes
3 Dead, 6 Injured in Michigan School Shooting
Clarence Thomas' Long Fight Reaches Its 'Zenith'
CNN Suspends Chris Cuomo Indefinitely
New Target of Greene's Wrath: a Fellow Republican
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.