Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
by NFLer Claims
It Was Assault
Oct 6, 2022 11:55 AM CDT
Protester Tackled by NFLer Claims It Was Assault
'There's consequences for your actions,' responds Rams' Bobby Wagner
The protester who ran onto the field during an NFL game on Monday, only to be knocked down by Los Angeles Rams linebacker Bobby Wagner, has filed an assault complaint. The Santa Clara Police Department confirms an "active investigation" is underway, per Yahoo . The protester was one of...
Fan Who Caught Judge's
HR Ball Gets a Huge Offer
Oct 6, 2022 9:00 AM CDT
Fan Who Caught Judge's HR Ball Gets a Huge Offer
Calif. auction house owner says he's willing to pay Cory Youmans $2M for the record-setting ball
- The fan who caught the ball from Aaron Judge's 62nd home run of the season—a slam that propelled the 30-year-old slugger for the New York Yankees into the record books, breaking Roger Maris' number for most home runs in a season for the American League—has a big...
Another Ugly Incident Between
Rival Fans, an NBA Player
May 9, 2022 10:05 AM CDT
Another Ugly Incident Between Rival Fans, an NBA Player
Chris Paul of Phoenix Suns says mother was touched, wife was shoved in Dallas
- This year's NBA playoffs have seen some high-profile nastiness between an NBA player and rival fans. But an incident during Sunday's game between the Phoenix Suns and Dallas Mavericks might top that, because it involves a player's family. The Mavericks removed a fan for what it called...
Fan Rushes Field to Stop
Opposing Team's Celebration
Feb 6, 2022 3:15 PM CST
Fan Rushes Field to Stop Opposing Team's Celebration
Nottingham Forest had just scored in match against Leicester City
- English police arrested a man who appeared to attack Nottingham Forest players Sunday as they celebrated a goal in their FA Cup victory over Leicester. The man emerged from the away section of the stands in Nottingham's City Ground, ran onto the pitch, and began striking out at Forest...
USC Apologizes to BYU
Over Televised Chant
Nov 29, 2021 12:10 PM CST
USC Apologizes to BYU Over Televised Chant
'F--- the Mormons' rang out multiple times from the stands
- Anyone who tuned in to USC's home game against Brigham Young on ESPN over the weekend might have heard a not-so-friendly chant from the stands. On at least five occasions, the crowd broke into a chant of "F--- the Mormons" during the game, reports the
Odd Incident at Scottish Open
Puzzles Rory McIlroy
Jul 9, 2021 9:48 AM CDT
Odd Incident at Scottish Open Puzzles Rory McIlroy
Pro golfer looked on as fan swiped club from his bag
- A spectator was escorted from the course at the Scottish Open on Friday after taking a club from Rory McIlroy's bag. The bizarre incident took place on the 10th tee, where McIlroy was waiting to get his second round underway at the Renaissance Club in North Berwick. Widely shared...
There's a Bump on England's
Road to the Euro Final
Jul 9, 2021 7:20 AM CDT
There's a Bump on England's Road to the Euro Final
UEFA says fans violated several rules, including in using a laser pointer on Danish goalkeeper
- England's men's soccer team is headed to its first major tournament final in 55 years, but it managed to run afoul of European soccer's governing body along the way. UEFA has charged the team with three offenses tied to actions by fans present at England's 2-1...
NBA Star Wants Changes
After a Popcorn Dumping
May 27, 2021 11:43 AM CDT
NBA Star Wants Changes After a Popcorn Dumping
Russell Westbrook says the league needs to better protect players
- Russell Westbrook is fed up. A fan dumped popcorn on the Washington Wizards star as he was limping off the court Wednesday night after injuring his ankle in Philadelphia, reports ESPN . As video of the incident shows, Westbrook had to be restrained from going after the man in the Wells...
At One NFL Game,
1.8K Familiar Faces
Sep 28, 2020 4:31 AM CDT
At One NFL Game, 1.8K Familiar Faces
Cardboard cutouts from 'South Park' filled stadium for Broncos-Buccaneers game
- There were far fewer humans in the stands at Denver's Empower Field at Mile High stadium on Sunday for the Broncos' game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but that doesn't mean there weren't plenty of fans on hand—and most of the faces likely looked familiar to...
Cops Show Up
Yell One Word
Sep 25, 2020 12:41 PM CDT
Cops Show Up After Overeager Hockey Fans Yell One Word
Apparently your neighbors might get nervous hearing 'Shoot! Shoot!'
- There are casual sports fans who tune in only during playoff season, and then there are the die-hards. Devon Garnett is definitely in the latter camp , though his enthusiasm for hockey caused a bit of a commotion Wednesday. That's the night the Tampa Bay Lightning played Game 3 of...
With Stadiums Empty, TV
Tries to Get Noise Just Right
Jul 5, 2020 9:50 AM CDT
With Stadiums Empty, TV Tries to Get Noise Just Right
Australian network picks from 57 audio clips to match the action
- There's clearly a difference between an English Premier League match and one played between friends on a local field. But when you take away 54,000 fans who would otherwise be singing and cheering at Liverpool's Anfield—if it weren't for the coronavirus pandemic—they sound the...
Fans' Reaction to Injured
Star Doesn't Sit Well
Jun 11, 2019 10:00 AM CDT
Fans' Reaction to Injured Star Doesn't Sit Well
Golden State's Kevin Durant goes down, and Toronto crowd cheers
- Some sports injuries are bigger than others, and this one appears to fall onto the monumental side of the scale. One of the NBA's best players, Golden State's Kevin Durant, returned from a leg injury to play Game 5 of the finals against the Toronto Raptors Monday night—...
Cubs Investigating 'Repulsive'
Gesture Fan Flashed on Air
May 8, 2019 8:06 AM CDT
Cubs Investigating 'Repulsive' Gesture Fan Flashed on Air
Fan appeared to make white power sign behind black commentator Doug Glanville
- A Chicago Cubs fan at the game Tuesday night against the Miami Marlins could be banned from Wrigley Field for life if the home team ever catches up to him. While fans are often caught on camera at MLB games waving and making various gestures, one in particular has raised...
Fan Falls From Stands Through
Awning at NFL Game
Nov 12, 2018 11:00 AM CST
Fan Falls From Stands Through Awning at NFL Game
It happened during cheerleaders' T-shirt toss
- A football fan was hospitalized Sunday after falling from the stands at Tennessee's Nissan Stadium during the NFL game between the Tennessee Titans and the New England Patriots. An NFL employee who witnessed the fall tells
that as cheerleaders threw T-shirts into the crowd during the third...
NHL Fans Taunt Black Player
With 'Basketball' Chant
Feb 18, 2018 12:30 PM CST
NHL Fans Taunt Black Player With 'Basketball' Chant
Chicago Blackhawks boot 4 male fans for remarks to the Washington Capitals' Devante Smith-Pelly
- NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman says the league condemns the behavior of four male fans chanting a racial taunt against a black player, and that he backs the Chicago Blackhawks for ejecting the offenders. Bettman says no one "should ever have to endure such abuse at one of our games,...
NFL Losing Big Chunks
of Its Target Audience
Feb 2, 2018 2:15 PM CST
NFL Losing Big Chunks of Its Target Audience
Number of men between 18 and 49 who follow NFL closely drops 24%
- America's response to the eternal question "Are you ready for some football?" appears to be getting less enthusiastic by the day, and that could be big trouble for the NFL's dominance of the US sports-scape. According to a poll conducted by the
Wall Street Journal
After Fans' Taunts, Ejected
NFL Player Goes Into Stands
Dec 11, 2017 5:44 AM CST
After Fans' Taunts, Ejected NFL Player Goes Into Stands
Seattle Seahawks' Quinton Jefferson tried to climb into stands after taunts, items hurled his way
- The Seattle Seahawks lost to the Jacksonville Jaguars 30-24 in Florida on Sunday, and it resulted in what ESPN calls an "ugly ending" after tense final minutes between the opposing teams. Per
, defensive lineman Quinton Jefferson was thrown out of the game toward the end of the...
5 Best Cities
to Be a
Sep 20, 2017 12:52 PM CDT
5 Best Cities to Be a Sports Fan
LA tops the list
- Being a sports fan is easier in some cities than others. To figure out which cities are the absolute best for fans, 24/7 Wall St. scored all US cities with at least one professional team (NFL, NBA, NHL, or MLB) on such factors as total number of teams, number of...
Man Jumps in
River to Save
Hat, Must Be
Jun 19, 2015 1:52 PM CDT
Man Jumps in River to Save Hat, Must Be Saved Himself
He and his Blackhawks hat are fine
- OK, Chicago, we get that you're excited about your Stanley Cup win . But emergency crews don't want to have to dive into the Chicago River to pull out any more fans who decide to go for a swim. That's what local officials say happened last night when...
SF World Series
Ugly ... Again
Oct 30, 2014 3:50 AM CDT
SF World Series Celebration Gets Ugly ... Again
San Francisco got rowdy overnight as fans threw bottles at cops
- Just like in 2012 , Giants fans went wild last night in San Francisco as their team took home its third championship in five seasons . But this third time was even less charming: Police made multiple arrests as thousands of fans lit bonfires in the street, sprayed champagne and beer, and...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Trump Suggests Suspending the Constitution
Parliament Nears Outlawing Adultery and Insulting President
Scans Show How Pandemic Changed Teenage Brains
Troops Seal Off Town, Looking for Gang Members
Gravel Racing Was on the Rise. Then, a Murder
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.