Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Gave Away a Little Too Much
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Sep 5, 2020 7:00 AM CDT
Wedding Story Gave Away a Little Too Much
Nikyta Moreno says Robert Palmer was still married to her when he met Lauren Maillian
- A coveted
New York Times
wedding announcement tells the story of how Robert Palmer, 30, and Lauren Maillian, 35, met at a NYC gym, which they'd both joined to get in shape. "In January 2017 that goal changed for both," the Aug. 7
narrative reads, detailing...
Sean Penn: Yes,
I Got Married
Aug 4, 2020 9:25 AM CDT
Sean Penn: Yes, I Got Married
59-year-old actor says he secretly wed 28-year-old Leila George last week in 'COVID wedding'
- Sean Penn appeared on Seth Meyers' late-night show on Monday, and he addressed a rumor that had been building momentum over the weekend, per Yahoo . "Yeah, we did a COVID wedding," the 59-year-old actor said of his alleged marriage to Leila George, 28, his girlfriend of four years,...
Beatrice Ties the Knot,
Claims a Royal First
Jul 17, 2020 9:48 AM CDT
Beatrice Ties the Knot, Claims a Royal First
Princess marries Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi is first blood royal to become a stepmom
- It likely wasn't the wedding Princess Beatrice had planned, but she's now a married woman. The BBC reports the 31-year-old daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson tied the knot with Italian property developer Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, 37, on Friday in a small private ceremony at the Royal...
Doomed Groom May Have
Infected 100 at His Wedding
in case you missed it
Jul 4, 2020 1:30 PM CDT
Doomed Groom May Have Infected 100 at His Wedding
He died 2 days after June 15 ceremony attended by more than 350
- A "superspreader" groom is thought to have passed the novel coronavirus to close to 100 guests at his wedding before dying two days later. The 30-year-old software engineer from Delhi, India, developed symptoms of COVID-19, including fever and diarrhea, before requesting that his June 15 wedding in Paliganj, in...
Virus Puts New Twist
on the 'Micro-Wedding'
May 13, 2020 2:53 PM CDT
Virus Puts New Twist on the 'Micro-Wedding'
Couples are opting for few guests (or none) in social distancing event known as a 'minimony'
- Couples trying to salvage weddings put on hold by the coronavirus are feeding a fresh trend in the bridal industry: the "minimony." Rather than wait, they're getting hitched alone or with a few local loved ones looking on at a safe social distance as other guests join...
Now There's 'No
Excuse' Not to
Apr 20, 2020 8:22 AM CDT
NY Governor: Now There's 'No Excuse' Not to Get Married
Cuomo gives OK for couples to get marriage license remotely, have ceremony via video
- New York state has nearly 243,000 coronavirus cases , with almost 14,000 deaths as of Monday—but Gov. Andrew Cuomo doesn't want these troubling times to stop anyone from tying the knot. Cuomo on Saturday announced an executive order for this "disaster emergency" that allows marriage licenses...
Couple Finds Creative
Solution on Wedding Guests
Apr 3, 2020 12:34 PM CDT
Couple Finds Creative Solution on Wedding Guests
Packaging company donates cardboard cutouts for Michigan pair's nuptials
- Cardboard cutout wedding guests will make for a not-so-cookie-cutter wedding as a Michigan couple prepares to tie the knot during the coronavirus pandemic. After Amy Simonson and Dan Stuglik's wedding plans were disrupted amid the outbreak, a packaging company donated more than 100 cardboard cutouts to pose as stand-ins...
The Virus Nixed
Plans. Then a
Pal Stepped Up
Mar 23, 2020 12:30 PM CDT
The Virus Nixed Their Wedding Plans. Then a Pal Stepped Up
Friend married NYC couple on sidewalk from his 4th-floor apartment window
- There hasn't been much uplifting news during the coronavirus outbreak, but there was at least one bright spot amid the pandemic last week in New York City. NBC News reports on the plight of 28-year-old Reilly Jennings and Amanda Wheeler, 38, who'd planned on getting married in October...
Llama Wedding Guest
Mar 4, 2020 10:40 AM CST
Bride Vows Revenge Over Llama Wedding Guest
Her brother says $400 rental 'was worth it'
- Reddit users were so captivated by a photo of a well-dressed llama at a wedding, where the bride was visibly unamused, that it became the top overall post this week. As CNN reports, the backstory is even better. Ohio's Mendl Weinstock says he first told his sister, Riva, that...
Proposal Goes Viral
Dec 28, 2019 11:30 AM CST
-Style Proposal Goes Viral
Joshua Powell made it special for girlfriend Kiana Myrick
- "We surveyed 100 women. Name a day a woman always dreams of." So begins one of the more touching and memorable marriage proposals caught on video—one clearly inspired by
, WNCN reports. During a family Christmas party, Joshua Powell of North Carolina takes a deep breath...
You Won't See Gay Ads
on Hallmark Anymore
Dec 14, 2019 5:00 PM CST
You Won't See Gay Ads on Hallmark Anymore
The network bows to pressure from conservative group
- Under pressure from a conservative advocacy group, The Hallmark Channel has pulled ads for a wedding-planning website that featured same-sex couples, including two brides kissing, the AP reports. The family-friendly network, which is in the midst of its heavily watched holiday programming, removed the ads because the controversy was a...
Nov 28, 2019 1:50 PM CST
Hospital Staff Helps Fulfill Dying Man's Last Wish
Javier Rodriguez, 23, weds high school sweetheart in Chicago
- "He wanted his tombstone to say 'husband.'" And with Wednesday's wedding inside the tiny chapel at University of Chicago Medical Center, Javier Rodriguez's wish can come true. The 23-year-old wed his high school sweetheart in front of 50 friends, family, and hospital staff just...
Church Shooting Suspect,
Groom Linked by Murder
Oct 13, 2019 4:30 PM CDT
Church Shooting Suspect, Groom Linked by Murder
It goes back to the murder of a minister at the same New Hampshire church
- The man charged with wounding a clergyman and a bride during a wedding at a New Hampshire church is the stepson of a minister from the same church who was killed earlier this month, a state prosecutor said Sunday, per the AP . Dale Holloway, 37, is the stepson of 60-year-old...
Gunfire Erupts at
Oct 12, 2019 3:30 PM CDT
Gunfire Erupts at Small-Town Wedding
2 people are shot and hospitalized in New Hampshire
- Wedding guests tackled a man after two people were shot at a New Hampshire church Saturday morning, WMUR reports. Two people were shot and hospitalized, a third had unspecified injuries, and no one was killed at the New England Pentecostal church in Pelham, police say. The shooter apparently showed up...
Day Before Wedding, Woman
Tells Fiance to Turn Himself In
Oct 7, 2019 8:53 AM CDT
Day Before Wedding, Woman Tells Fiance to Turn Himself In
She saw an online post apparently showing him robbing a bank to pay for ring, venue
- Coming up with the cash to pay for a wedding can be a stressful endeavor, and in a case out of Texas, it turned out to be a criminal endeavor for a groom-to-be. ABC News reports that Heath Edward Bumpous was arrested and charged with aggravated robbery after a Friday...
Cops: Man Blows Himself Up
on Daughter's Wedding Day
Sep 15, 2019 12:55 PM CDT
Cops: Man Blows Himself Up on Daughter's Wedding Day
Unidentified Pennsylvania resident is found amid the rubble
- A man in suburban Pittsburgh apparently blew up his house—with him inside it—while his daughter was getting married, the
reports. Neighbors describe seeing the man, who remains unidentified, outside his Edgewood home shortly before it exploded Saturday afternoon. Authorities say they later found him amid the...
Maid of Honor Was
Told to Wear Anything.
She Didn't Disappoint
in case you missed it
Sep 8, 2019 6:41 AM CDT
Maid of Honor Was Told to Wear Anything. She Didn't Disappoint
Christina Meador shows up at sister's wedding in T. rex outfit, with bride's blessing
- Most bridesmaids appreciate when they're told they can wear what they want on the big day, though usually that means choosing a favorite dress style or color. Christina Meador went ... a different route. Her get-up of choice at her sister Deanna Adams' Aug. 10 wedding in Nebraska: a T....
Texas Has a Problematic
Wedding Crasher on It Hands
Aug 14, 2019 1:28 AM CDT
Texas Has a Problematic Wedding Crasher on It Hands
Police say woman has stolen gifts at least 6 times in Texas county
- A woman has been crashing weddings in Texas and she's been taking a lot more than free drinks, police say. The Comal County Sheriff's Office says that the woman has been sneaking into weddings in and around the county by posing as a guest and then stealing gifts...
Amanda Knox Is Crowdfunding
a Very Unusual Wedding
Jul 23, 2019 7:57 AM CDT
Amanda Knox Is Crowdfunding a Very Unusual Wedding
Time travel could be possible at space-themed nuptials—for $100
- Having spent her wedding fund on a return trip to Italy and detour to the French Riviera, Amanda Knox is asking well-wishers to contribute up to $10,000 each for her nuptials, per the Daily Beast . "Instead of a traditional registry, we are asking for donations towards the cost...
Bride's Wedding Party:
Not 4, Not 8, but ... 34
Jun 25, 2019 6:05 PM CDT
Bride's Wedding Party: Not 4, Not 8, but ... 34
Casme Carter says she'd do it again
- If you thought your cousin's nine-lady-strong wedding party was a bit much, wait until you hear this: Casme Carter had 34 bridesmaids when she got married on the beach June 2 in Destin, Florida. Carter, who had her six sisters by her side as well as many of the...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
A Model Died After an LA Party. Now Her Friend Is Brain-Dead
61 People Have Been Stuck in a Pub Since Friday
China, or Disney, Did a Number on Homer
Jack Dorsey: Yes, I'm Leaving Twitter
Omicron Variant Detected in North America
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.