Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Amber Heard Sticks It to
Australia With New Dog's Name
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Jan 1, 2022 7:00 AM CST
Amber Heard Sticks It to Australia With New Dog's Name
It's a cheeky nod to her 2015 mess in the country
- It's not every day a celebrity's dog's name gets an international reaction, but Amber Heard would be a logical exception. You'll recall the actress found herself in a giant mess after illegally bringing her Yorkshire terriers Pistol and Boo into Australia on a private jet in...
Depp: 'No One Is Safe'
From 'Cancel Culture'
Sep 23, 2021 7:20 AM CDT
Depp: 'No One Is Safe' From 'Cancel Culture'
He spoke before receiving top award at Spanish film festival
- Johnny Depp, whose movie career has suffered since he lost a libel case against a British tabloid that called him a "wife beater," portrayed himself as a victim of "cancel culture" at a film festival in Spain on Wednesday. He slammed the "instant rush to judgment"...
I Had Baby 'on
My Own Terms'
Jul 2, 2021 7:40 AM CDT
Amber Heard: I Had Baby 'on My Own Terms'
Actor announces birth of first child, reportedly via surrogate
- This year may have dealt another blow to Johnny Depp, but it brought a bundle of joy to his ex-wife. Amber Heard announced the birth of her first child, daughter Oonagh Paige, on Thursday. "Four years ago, I decided I wanted to have a child. I wanted to do...
Bad News for
Johnny Depp in
His Battle With
Mar 25, 2021 10:15 AM CDT
Bad News for Johnny Depp in His Battle With Amber Heard
UK court rejects his bid to appeal judge's ruling that he assaulted ex-wife
- A British court on Thursday refused Johnny Depp permission to appeal a judge's ruling that he assaulted ex-wife Amber Heard, saying his attempt to overturn the decision had "no real prospect of success." Two Court of Appeal judges said the 57-year-old Hollywood star can't challenge the...
How Johnny Depp Went From
A-List to Persona Non Grata
Dec 11, 2020 8:31 AM CST
How Johnny Depp Went From A-List to Persona Non Grata
2020 capped years of self-created misery for Depp
- After years of ongoing scandals, the once-brilliant career of Johnny Depp appears to have lost its luster. Tatiana Siegel of the
has taken an in-depth look at how the actor managed to go from $50 million per picture to "radioactive" persona non grata. She dates the start...
Johnny Depp Shot Just One
Scene. He'll Get His Full Salary
Nov 10, 2020 6:11 AM CST
Johnny Depp Shot Just One Scene. He'll Get His Full Salary
Warner Bros. asked actor to resign from 'Fantastic Beasts' role, but contract still requires he gets paid
- Johnny Depp shot just one scene as Gellert Grindelwald in the next
film when it was announced to the London production crew that Warner Bros. had asked him to step down after he lost his "wife beater" libel case against a UK tabloid. Depp agreed to resign,...
More Bad News
for Johnny Depp
Nov 6, 2020 1:25 PM CST
More Bad News for Johnny Depp
Actor lost 'wife beater' libel case against tabloid; now he's stepping down from movie franchise
- The last several days have been tough going for Johnny Depp. First the 57-year-old actor lost his libel suit against the
for calling him a "wife beater." Now, Warner Bros. has delivered a second whammy: Per Depp, the studio asked him to step down from his starring...
British Court Delivers
Bad News to Johnny Depp
Nov 2, 2020 6:06 AM CST
British Court Delivers Bad News to Johnny Depp
Actor loses libel suit over 'wife beater' allegation
- A British court ruled Monday against Johnny Depp in his libel case against the owner of the
tabloid newspaper, which labelled him a "wife beater," per the AP . In a ruling, Justice Andrew Nicol said Depp has "not succeeded in his action for libel," adding...
Volatile Trial Wraps Up
Jul 28, 2020 12:57 PM CDT
Johnny Depp's Volatile Trial Wraps Up
Judge will issue his ruling in a few weeks in libel case
- A development in the Johnny Depp trial in London that both sides might welcome: It's over, meaning no more testimony about his volatile relationship with ex-wife Amber Heard. Closing arguments wrapped up Tuesday, with Depp's attorney stating, "He has never hit a woman in his entire life—...
Heard on Depp: 'I Watch as
Grown Men Have to Wipe You'
Jul 27, 2020 3:16 PM CDT
Heard on Depp: 'I Watch as Grown Men Have to Wipe You'
In 2013 email draft, Heard also called actor a 'needy man-child'
- Johnny Depp's libel case in London lurched toward its end Monday, with a lawyer arguing that the actor's alleged assaults on Amber Heard were driven by "deep misogyny." Sasha Wass told the London High Court that Depp's claims to be a "southern gentlemen with...
Amber Heard: Johnny Depp
Threw Bottles 'Like Grenades'
Jul 22, 2020 2:49 PM CDT
Amber Heard: Johnny Depp Threw Bottles 'Like Grenades'
She says he severed own fingertip during clash
- Amber Heard, testifying for a third day in ex-husband Johnny Depp's libel suit against a British publisher, acknowledged breaking a bottle during an argument in Australia—but said he responded by chucking dozens of bottles at her like they were "grenades or bombs." Heard said Wednesday she...
Amber Heard Reveals Depp's
Nickname for Leo DiCaprio
Jul 20, 2020 11:27 AM CDT
Amber Heard Reveals Depp's Nickname for Leo DiCaprio
- The sordid details of Johnny Depp's relationship with ex Amber Heard kept coming Monday as Heard took the stand in his libel case against a British tabloid. The actress's accusations are about as bad as anyone following the case would expect. At various times, she said he punched,...
Witness: Amber Heard
Threw Punches, Bottles
Jul 16, 2020 11:40 AM CDT
Witness: Amber Heard Threw Punches, Bottles
Former assistant claims actress falsified abuse details
- Johnny Depp's security chief is backing the actor's claims that ex-wife Amber Heard abused him, as opposed to the other way around. In a witness statement released Thursday as he appeared at UK High Court, Sean Bett, a former Los Angeles sheriff's deputy who's worked for...
Depp: 'I Vehemently Deny It'
Jul 9, 2020 2:25 PM CDT
Depp: 'I Vehemently Deny It'
Actor continues court case, rejects accusations he assaulted Amber Heard
- Johnny Depp said Thursday his relationship with Amber Heard was “a crime scene waiting to happen,” but denied assaulting her during a drug-fueled rampage in Australia while he was filming a
Pirates of the Caribbean
movie, per the AP . The Hollywood star was giving evidence for a third...
Depp: My Ex Wrote Email
as 'an Insurance Policy'
Jul 8, 2020 6:37 PM CDT
Depp: My Ex Wrote Email as 'an Insurance Policy'
Amber Heard wrote during their marriage that Depp 'is like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde'
- Johnny Depp denied an allegation by ex-wife Amber Heard that he is a "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" monster who turned violent when he drank and took drugs, though he acknowledged in a London court on Wednesday that he may have done things he can't remember while he...
Drama Goes on Trial
Jul 7, 2020 8:07 AM CDT
Johnny Depp's Drama Goes on Trial
Actor suing British tabloid for libel over domestic violence claims
newspaper will rely on 14 separate allegations of domestic violence against Johnny Depp in defense of libel claims , beginning Tuesday. Depp is suing News Group Newspapers and
executive editor Dan Wootton over an April 2018 article that painted the actor as a "wife beater." The...
Johnny Depp's Lawyers
Can't Rein In Amber Heard
Jul 4, 2020 12:00 PM CDT
Johnny Depp's Lawyers Can't Rein In Amber Heard
It involves Depp's libel trial against a tabloid newspaper
- Johnny Depp's lawyers have failed to stop the American actor's ex-wife, Amber Heard, from attending his libel trial against the British tabloid newspaper the
until she is called to give evidence, the AP reports. In a court order published on Saturday, trial judge Andrew Nicol said that...
Rally Around Him
May 13, 2020 11:35 AM CDT
Johnny Depp's Former Lovers Rally Around Him
Winona Ryder, Vanessa Paradis speak up
- Two former romantic partners of Johnny Depp came to his defense Wednesday in his libel suit against British newspaper the
, dismissing claims that he was violent or abusive. Actresses Vanessa Paradis and Winona Ryder offered supportive statements for the actor, who's suing the tabloid paper's publisher, News...
Depp's Latest on Heard:
She Pooped in My Bed
May 21, 2019 8:25 AM CDT
Depp's Latest on Heard: She Pooped in My Bed
Actor firing back at ex-wife, saying she was the 'perpetrator' and he was the 'victim'
- The ball was in Johnny Depp's court, and he just hurled it. Following a $50 million defamation lawsuit the 55-year-old actor filed earlier this year against ex-wife Amber Heard, the 33-year-old actress offered her rebuke in the form of an April motion outlining what she says was a litany...
Amber Heard's New Claim:
I Was Abused by 'the Monster'
Apr 12, 2019 5:33 AM CDT
Amber Heard's New Claim: I Was Abused by 'the Monster'
Actress alleges ex Johnny Depp became 'delusional and violent' when drinking, on drugs
- The Johnny Depp–Amber Heard saga churns on. Last month, the former slammed the latter with a $50 million defamation lawsuit , with Depp insisting Heard's claims of domestic violence were a "hoax." Now the 32-year-old actress is outlining those abuse claims, with a motion filed Thursday that...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
DeSantis: Wish I'd Been 'Much Louder' Against Trump's COVID Move
Cruise Cancels at Sea, Stranding Passengers
Maxwell Agrees to Revealing Identities of Men in Lawsuit
'Chaos' at Friday Night Concert After Mass Shooting
Chris Evert: I Have Cancer My Late Sister Had
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.