Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Billionaires Looking to Stop
Trump Turn to Nikki Haley
Nov 29, 2023 12:52 PM CST
Billionaires Looking to Stop Trump Turn to Nikki Haley
Morgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon says even 'very liberal Democrats' should support her
- The wind at Nikki Haley's back got a little stronger this week. The Charles Koch-led Americans for Prosperity Action on Tuesday announced it would be throwing its weight behind Haley for president, and Politico reports Haley also got a thumbs up from JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon, who on...
Nov 28, 2023 10:35 AM CST
Nikki Haley Just Scored a Major Endorsement
Political network founded by the Koch brothers backs her
- Ron DeSantis may be on the verge of a "full Grassley" in Iowa , but rival Nikki Haley has just secured a potentially bigger prize. The political network founded by billionaire brothers Charles and (the late) David Koch endorsed her in the 2024 race, reports the Hill . Tuesday's endorsement...
'All In' in Iowa,
DeSantis Will Soon
Nov 28, 2023 1:00 AM CST
'All In' in Iowa, DeSantis Will Soon Complete the 'Full Grassley'
Florida governor will soon finish touring every one of the state's 99 counties
- Ron DeSantis has been campaigning his way through Iowa's counties, nabbing Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds' endorsement in the process, and he'll complete his tour of all 99 counties on December 2 with an event at the " Thunderdome ," sources tell CBS News . The feat is known as...
Haley to Launch $10M Ad
Blitz to Overtake DeSantis
Nov 13, 2023 12:12 PM CST
Haley to Launch $10M Ad Blitz to Overtake DeSantis
Former UN ambassador plans TV, radio, and digital ads in Iowa, New Hampshire
- Nikki Haley's presidential campaign will reserve $10 million in television, radio, and digital advertising across Iowa and New Hampshire beginning in the first week of December, a massive investment designed to give the former United Nations ambassador an advantage over Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. Details of the advertising plans,...
Nov 9, 2023 12:21 PM CST
Haley Defends Her 'Scum' Remark on Ramaswamy
Says she showed 'a lot of restraint,' and he doesn't back down from his view, either
- It was one of the most volatile moments of Wednesday night's debate: Nikki Haley called Vivek Ramaswamy "scum" after he brought up her daughter. In the aftermath, neither candidate is backing down over the confrontation, which revolved around the social media platform TikTok. In an interview with Fox...
Haley Catches DeSantis;
RFK Jr. May Hurt Trump
Oct 23, 2023 12:40 PM CDT
Haley Catches DeSantis; RFK Jr. May Hurt Trump
Poll shows a statistical tie for second, suggests Kennedy's run costs Trump a narrow lead
- The 2024 Republican race is a nail-biter—but only for second place. A new
/Suffolk University poll shows that Nikki Haley has caught Ron DeSantis—the former UN ambassador and South Carolina governor is at 11%, while DeSantis is at 12%, within the margin of error. What's...
for Mike Pence
Oct 16, 2023 12:08 PM CDT
Things Are Looking Grim for Mike Pence
Latest FEC filings show former VP's campaign is in the red
- FEC filings were due at midnight Sunday, and they begin to tell a tale of the Republican presidential primary. As Politico reports, the campaign of former VP Mike Pence is "running on fumes," with just $1.2 million in the coffers and more than $600,000 in debt....
GOP Rivals Propose Acts of War
Against Mexico Over Fentanyl
Oct 8, 2023 10:50 AM CDT
GOP Rivals Propose Acts of War Against Mexico Over Fentanyl
DeSantis proposed killing suspects, Haley sending special forces across border
- Ron DeSantis wants suspected drug smugglers at the US-Mexico border to be shot dead. Nikki Haley promises to send special forces into Mexico. Vivek Ramaswamy has accused Mexico's leader of treating drug cartels as his "sugar daddy" and says that if he is elected president, "there will...
Trump's Team Left Birdcage
at Nikki Haley's Hotel Room
Oct 2, 2023 2:00 AM CDT
Trump's Team Left Birdcage at Nikki Haley's Hotel Room
After calling her 'Birdbrain' in a Truth Social post
- Former President Trump handed out a new nickname Friday when he dubbed Nikki Haley "Birdbrain"—and he apparently doubled down days later by sending an actual birdcage to her Iowa hotel room. Haley, a fellow GOP presidential candidate, posted a photo of the cage, accompanying bag of bird...
One Sign Haley
Goes on Attack
Sep 28, 2023 11:40 AM CDT
One Sign Haley Is Gaining Traction: Trump Goes on Attack
Former president's campaign criticizes her on multiple issues after debate performance
- In the eyes of most observers, Nikki Haley acquitted herself well Wednesday night for the second GOP debate. Maybe the most telling evidence of that is that the campaign of Donald Trump made a point to go after her with a statement titled "The Real Nikki Haley." Among...
In GOP Rematch, 'the Sand Is
Going Through the Hourglass'
Sep 27, 2023 6:50 AM CDT
In GOP Rematch, 'the Sand Is Going Through the Hourglass'
Time is running out to gain ground on Trump as 2nd Republican presidential debate takes place
- The way things stood Monday remain how they stand just hours before the Republican presidential debate Wednesday in California, with two notable candidates not expected to take the stage. FOX 26 Houston reports that former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson didn't make the cut, while former President Trump, far and...
Nikki Haley: Senate Is Just
a 'Privileged Nursing Home'
Sep 1, 2023 6:35 AM CDT
Nikki Haley: Senate Is Just a 'Privileged Nursing Home'
After McConnell freeze-up, presidential contender says aging politicians need to know when to retire
- As whispers continue to circulate over the future of Mitch McConnell's leadership following his second public freeze-up , Nikki Haley is saying out loud what she thinks about aging lawmakers, and when they should realize it might be time to pack it up on Capitol Hill. Appearing on Fox News'...
Poll Suggests Trump Could Pay
for Sitting Out GOP Debate
Aug 28, 2023 6:40 PM CDT
Poll Suggests Trump Could Pay for Sitting Out GOP Debate
Frontrunner slips 6 points as several rivals are on the rise
- A poll taken after the Republican presidential debate has found changes in the race, with several candidates inching up and the absent frontrunner losing a bit of support. The Emerson College poll showed Donald Trump falling from 56% support among people who plan to vote in a GOP primary to...
The GOP Debate
Was Feisty. Who Won?
Aug 24, 2023 8:41 AM CDT
The GOP Debate Was Feisty. Who Won?
Former President Trump is the 'clear winner,' per Vox
- Without former President Trump on stage, the eight "underdogs" taking part in the first Republican presidential primary debate Wednesday in Milwaukee had the opportunity to "differentiate themselves in the field," reports the
New York Times
. Many seized on the chance and "at certain points, you could...
Gets Into It
With CNN Over
Aug 23, 2023 8:49 AM CDT
Ramaswamy Gets Into It With CNN Over 9/11, Taiwan
Candidate accused of 'mansplaining' after Kaitlan Collins points out apparent contradictions
- Vivek Ramaswamy may have been practicing for Wednesday's Republican presidential primary debate when he sparred with CNN's Kaitlan Collins on Tuesday. Onlookers had a lot to say about the interview in which Ramaswamy accused Collins of trickery and putting words into his mouth. Collins had pressed the 38-year-old...
Fox News Bars Trump Team
From Post-Debate Coverage
Aug 22, 2023 12:41 PM CDT
Fox News Bars Trump Team From Post-Debate Coverage
Eight GOP candidates will be on the stage Wednesday night in Milwaukee
- Nine candidates may have the numbers to officially qualify for the first Republican debate Wednesday night, but only eight will be on the stage. Coverage:
Candidates on stage will Ron DeSantis, Tim Scott, Nikki Haley, Mike Pence, Chris Christie, Vivek Ramaswamy, Doug Burgum, and Asa Hutchinson, reports the
Takeaways From Nikki Haley's
CNN Town Hall
Jun 5, 2023 6:49 AM CDT
Takeaways From Nikki Haley's CNN Town Hall
She criticizes rivals Trump and DeSantis, though forum is less combative than most
- Nikki Haley took part in her own CNN town hall Sunday night, though her appearance doesn't appear to be getting anywhere near the attention of former President Trump's . Here are some of the takeaways from coverage of the former UN ambassador and South Carolina governor as she vies...
Trump's Next Town Hall
Won't Go Out Live
May 26, 2023 10:08 AM CDT
Trump's Next Town Hall Won't Go Out Live
June 1 event in Iowa will be hosted by Fox's Sean Hannity
- Former President Trump is following up his CNN town hall event with one on another network he often maligns—Fox News. The network says the frontrunner for the 2024 GOP nomination will join host Sean Hannity for a town hall in Iowa on Thursday, the Hill reports. The network says...
Just Got More
May 19, 2023 10:55 AM CDT
The 2024 GOP Race Just Got More Interesting
Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina officially files the paperwork to run in 2024
- He's in. GOP Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina filed the paperwork Friday to run for president in 2024 with the Federal Election Commission, reports CNN . Scott, the only Black Republican senator, is expected to have a traditional campaign launch on Monday. The paperwork isn't the only Scott...
75 Must Be
May 1, 2023 7:00 PM CDT
Nikki Haley: Leaders Over 75 Must Be Tested
GOP candidate calls out Dianne Feinstein and President Biden in particular
- Last week, GOP candidate Nikki Haley made headlines by suggesting it's unlikely a reelected President Biden "would make it" through a second term, notes NBC News . In an op-ed at Fox News , Haley continues the age theme with a renewed call for mandatory competency tests for politicians 75...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Cops Warn About New iPhone Feature, Experts Say to Chill
George Santos Is Expelled From Congress
Bad News Part II for Trump on Legal Front
Santos: 'I No Longer Have to Answer a Single Question'
Prosecutors: Inmate Stabbed Chauvin 22 Times
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.