Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Book: Trump Wanted to Trade
Puerto Rico for Greenland
Sep 15, 2022 2:42 PM CDT
Book: Trump Wanted to Trade Puerto Rico for Greenland
Idea to purchase Danish territory wasn't actually his, according to reporters
- In an interview for a new book, Donald Trump insisted the idea to buy Greenland from Denmark was all his. Looking at a map, the president wondered, "Why don't we have that?" Trump told husband-and-wife journalists Peter Baker of the
New York Times
and Susan Glasser of the...
Nikki Haley Drops
Big Hint on 2024 Plans
Jul 19, 2022 6:47 PM CDT
Nikki Haley Drops Big Hint on 2024 Plans
'Just saying, sometimes it takes a woman'
- Nikki Haley dropped what supporters saw as a big hint at a 2024 White House bid in a speech at a pro-Israel event Monday night. The former South Carolina governor and US ambassador to the UN criticized President Biden's efforts to revive the Iran nuclear deal and added: "...
Trump Praises Kim, Suggests
Prompting a China-Russia Fight
Mar 6, 2022 11:40 AM CST
Trump Praises Kim, Suggests Prompting a China-Russia Fight
Former president addresses a series of issues to GOP donors
- Former President Donald Trump focused on foreign policy in a speech to major Republican donors Saturday night, drawing laughs with a suggestion for getting Russia and China to fight each other. But he took time to praise North Korea's dictator for his "total control" of the country and...
Nikki Haley Reverts
to Praising Trump
Jun 25, 2021 9:00 AM CDT
Nikki Haley Reverts to Praising Trump
Former UN ambassador may require the support of his base in 2024
- Nikki Haley maintained that former President Trump was truthful and entirely fit for office during her tenure as his UN ambassador before flipping after the Capitol riot. Trump "lost any sort of political viability," she said earlier this year. "He went down a path he shouldn’t...
Nikki Haley: We Shouldn't
Have Listened to Trump
Feb 12, 2021 9:25 AM CST
Nikki Haley: We Shouldn't Have Listened to Trump
She changed stance after Capitol riot
- Nikki Haley refused to criticize Donald Trump for months while he claimed the election had been stolen, but her stance shifted dramatically after the Capitol riot, according to a lengthy Politico profile published Friday. On the day after the Jan. 6 attack, Haley, who served as UN ambassador in...
What You Need to Know
From Night 1 of the RNC
Aug 25, 2020 6:27 AM CDT
What You Need to Know From Night 1 of the RNC
Donald Trump Jr., Nikki Haley among speakers on first night
- The Republican National Convention got underway Monday, a four-night affair that will culminate with President Trump's acceptance speech Thursday night. Trump, though, is breaking with tradition and is expected to speak on all four nights. In fact, he made surprise remarks early during Monday's proceedings after being formally...
Nikki Haley, George Conway
Are in a Twitter Fight
Nov 19, 2019 6:36 AM CST
Nikki Haley, George Conway Are in a Twitter Fight
Former ambassador calls out prominent Trump critic
- It's a Twitter fight. This one features former UN ambassador Nikki Haley and George Conway, the increasingly high-profile Trump critic and husband of Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway, reports
. The spat began when Conway called Republican congresswoman Elise Stefanik , who has emerged as a staunch critic of the...
Nikki Haley Praises Trump
as Capable, 'Truthful'
Nov 12, 2019 12:48 PM CST
Nikki Haley Praises Trump as Capable, 'Truthful'
But Rex Tillerson disagrees with another claim by the former UN ambassador
- Nikki Haley is making the rounds plugging a new book, and on Tuesday she delivered a robust defense of President Trump on the
show, reports Politico . "I talked to him multiple times, and when I had issues, he always heard me out,” said the former ambassador to...
Aides Asked Her to Undercut
Trump to 'Save Country': Haley
Nov 10, 2019 12:25 PM CST
Aides Asked Her to Undercut Trump to 'Save Country': Haley
Tillerson and Kelly wanted UN ambassador to join resistance, book says
- Rex Tillerson and John Kelly were trying to save the country by undermining President Trump, Nikki Haley says, and they wanted her to help. The former UN ambassador makes the claims about Trump's former secretary of state and chief of staff in a new memoir,
With All Due Respect
Jan 30, 2019 4:13 PM CST
Nikki Haley Is Asking $200K per Speech
Former UN ambassador also wants the use of a private jet
- When Nikki Haley resigned as UN ambassador last fall, President Trump said she would "make a lot of money" in the private sector. She's certainly trying: Haley's asking price for a speech is $200,000 and the use of a private jet, CNBC reports, citing seven sources....
Passes Torch to
Another as 'Most
Dec 27, 2018 12:00 PM CST
Ex-First Lady Passes Torch to Another as 'Most Admired Woman'
Michelle Obama takes crown from Hillary Clinton, winner since 2002; Barack Obama is men's victor
- Hillary Clinton has been named the most admired woman in Gallup's annual survey more than any other since Gallup started asking in 1946: 22 times, to be exact, including for each year since 2002. This year, however, another former first lady has finally knocked Clinton off the hill. Michelle...
Nikki Haley Riffs on Trump,
NYC Mayor at Charity Dinner
Oct 19, 2018 8:49 AM CDT
Nikki Haley Riffs on Trump, NYC Mayor at Charity Dinner
She also says political opponents shouldn't be deemed 'evil'
- If anyone was looking for hints as to why Nikki Haley is leaving her UN ambassador post , they wouldn't have found it during her appearance at the annual Al Smith charity dinner Thursday night. What Haley did bring to the roast were plenty of jokes about herself and President...
Ivanka Trump Quashes Rumors
About Replacing Nikki Haley
Oct 10, 2018 5:04 AM CDT
Ivanka Trump Quashes Rumors About Replacing Nikki Haley
But the president says she'd do an 'incredible' job as ambassador to the UN
- The position will soon be vacant and her father thinks she'd do a great job—but Ivanka Trump has confirmed that she will not be America's next ambassador to the United Nations. "It is an honor to serve in the White House alongside so many great colleagues...
Nikki Haley's Praise of Ivanka,
Jared Fuels a Rumor
Oct 9, 2018 1:35 PM CDT
Nikki Haley's Praise of Ivanka, Jared Fuels a Rumor
There's hot speculation that one of them could replace her at the UN, but it's a long shot
- Nikki Haley will be gone as ambassador to the UN by the end of the year, and she explains in her resignation letter that it's time for a break from public service after 14 straight years. "As a businessman, I expect you will appreciate my sense that returning...
Nikki Haley Resigns
as UN Ambassador
Oct 9, 2018 9:24 AM CDT
Nikki Haley Resigns as UN Ambassador
Trump accepts her surprise decision
- A surprise move in the Trump administration: Nikki Haley has resigned as ambassador to the UN, reports Axios . The reason why the former governor of South Carolina stepped down wasn't immediately clear, but President Trump said she would be gone by the end of the year. Haley "has...
Sep 8, 2018 9:00 AM CDT
Nikki Haley Has Suggestion for Anonymous Op-Ed Writer
Challenge the president in person, like I do, says UN ambassador
- Nikki Haley, like the author of an anonymous anti-Trump op-ed , is a senior official in the Trump administration. But in an op-ed of her own in the
, the ambassador to the UN calls out her colleague as a coward and offers a suggestion in dealing with the president:...
Jul 24, 2018 10:15 AM CDT
Nikki Haley Has Advice for Young Conservatives
Enough with the 'own the libs' mentality, she tells teens
- Nikki Haley is making headlines for her advice to young conservatives. While addressing the High School Leadership Summit at George Washington University, the US ambassador to the UN asked the audience members to raise their hands "if you've ever posted anything online to quote-unquote 'own the libs,...
US Is Leaving
UN Human Rights
Jun 19, 2018 5:14 PM CDT
US Is Leaving UN Human Rights Council
Nikki Haley had been threatening the move
- The United States announced Tuesday it was leaving the United Nations' Human Rights Council, with Ambassador Nikki Haley calling it "an organization that is not worthy of its name." It was the latest withdrawal by the Trump administration from an international institution. Haley, Trump's envoy to the...
Nikki Haley's Retort
Sends Message to Trump
Apr 19, 2018 9:30 AM CDT
Nikki Haley's Retort Sends Message to Trump
UN ambassador shows she won't quietly take public humiliation from the White House
- Nikki Haley is getting a lot of attention for her not-so-subtle rejoinder to the White House. It all began when the UN ambassador declared that the US would be imposing new sanctions on Russia, only to have President Trump change his mind about them. When Trump economics adviser Larry Kudlow...
Haley on Russia Sanctions:
'I Don't Get Confused''
Apr 18, 2018 7:13 AM CDT
Haley on Russia Sanctions: 'I Don't Get Confused''
Remark seen as 'extraordinary rebuke'
- It's not clear whether it was caused by crossed wires or an administration flip-flop, but Nikki Haley's back-and-forth with the White House over Russia sanctions appears to have exposed a fault line. After the administration denied that a decision had been made on sanctions Haley announced Sunday —...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Judge: Trump Doesn't Have to Declare FBI Planted Evidence
One Take on Tagovailoa's Hit: 'How Are We So Stupid in 2022'
Former Cowboys Player Dies in Climbing Accident
Their Scheme Made Couple's Life 'Hell.' Now, Prison Time
Eliza Fletcher's Autopsy Results Are Released
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.