Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Trump Slammed for Threat
Before UN Jerusalem Vote
Dec 21, 2017 3:42 AM CST
Trump Slammed for Threat Before UN Jerusalem Vote
He suggests opponents will lose US aid
- President Trump's threat to cut off US funding to countries that oppose his decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital has raised the stakes in Thursday's UN vote and sparked criticism of his tactics, which one Muslim group called bullying or blackmail. Trump went a step further...
Nikki Haley Warns Nations
Ahead of UN Vote
Dec 20, 2017 11:10 AM CST
Nikki Haley Warns Nations Ahead of UN Vote
US 'will be taking names' of those who criticize American decision on Jerusalem
- Consider it a not-so-veiled threat. The UN General Assembly votes Thursday on whether to reject President Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, and US Ambassador Nikki Haley is warning that the US will be paying very close attention. "When we make a decision, at...
Nikki Haley Casts Veto,
Decries UN's 'Insult' to US
Dec 18, 2017 1:15 PM CST
Nikki Haley Casts Veto, Decries UN's 'Insult' to US
Security Council called for Trump's Jerusalem move to be rescinded
- "What we witnessed here in the Security Council is an insult. It won't be forgotten." Such was US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley's assessment after the US on Monday vetoed a UN Security Council resolution demanding the US reverse its Dec. 6 decision on Jerusalem...
Dec 12, 2017 8:21 AM CST
Trump Tweets About Female Accusers
'Fabricated stories of women who I don't know and/or have never met'
- President Trump said nothing on the subject Monday as four out of at least a dozen women who've accused him of sexual misconduct reiterated their allegations and called on Congress to investigate their claims. That changed Tuesday, and followed Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand's call on the president to resign,...
Nikki Haley: Trump's
Accusers 'Should Be Heard'
Dec 10, 2017 12:50 PM CST
Nikki Haley: Trump's Accusers 'Should Be Heard'
The US ambassador to the UN's comments come after three male congressmen resigned
- President Trump's ambassador to the United Nations believes the women who have accused the president of sexual misconduct "should be heard." Appearing on
Face the Nation
Sunday, Nikki Haley said she is "incredibly proud" of the women who have come forward over the last months with...
of Olympic Doubt
Dec 7, 2017 8:15 AM CST
Nikki Haley Expresses Sliver of Olympic Doubt
She acknowledges there's an 'open question' on Team USA's participation in South Korea Games
- Russia was banned this week from the 2018 Winter Games; will the US ban itself? UN Ambassador Nikki Haley on Wednesday called Team USA's participation in the Games an "open question" in an interview with Fox News. The
reports that the Games will take place in...
Haley: N. Korea Edging Toward
War, Will Be 'Utterly Destroyed'
Nov 29, 2017 6:13 PM CST
Haley: N. Korea Edging Toward War, Will Be 'Utterly Destroyed'
Ambassador says is not seeking war with North Korea
- US Ambassador Nikki Haley said Wednesday that North Korea's launch of an intercontinental ballistic missile that some observers believe could reach Washington and the entire US Eastern Seaboard "brings us closer" to a war the US doesn't seek, the AP reports. Haley, speaking at an emergency meeting...
Nikki Haley: Kim Jong Un
Is 'Begging for War'
Sep 4, 2017 11:20 AM CDT
Nikki Haley: Kim Jong Un Is 'Begging for War'
The claim comes the day after North Korea's largest-ever nuclear test
- One day after North Korea conducted its largest-ever nuclear test, US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley says the country's leader, Kim Jong Un, is "begging for war," CNN reports. Haley made the claim during an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council Monday as part of...
UN Ambassador: US 'Is Done
Talking About N. Korea'
Jul 31, 2017 6:21 AM CDT
UN Ambassador: US 'Is Done Talking About N. Korea'
'The time for talk is over,' Nikki Haley says
- "The time for talk is over" on North Korea, so the United States isn't planning to call a United Nations Security Council meeting for discussion of the country's latest ICBM launch , US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley says. In a statement , Haley said there would be...
Trump of Being
TALK SHOW ROUNDUP
Jun 4, 2017 10:28 AM CDT
Gore Accuses Trump of Being 'Divisive' With London Tweets
Trump criticized and misquoted London mayor in tweet
- Al Gore appeared on CNN's
State of the Union
Sunday to take President Trump to task for criticizing and misquoting London Mayor Sadiq Khan in a tweet while the latter attempts to deal with the aftermath of Saturday's deadly attack. “I don’t think that a major...
'We Think Is
Going to Happen'
TALK SHOW ROUNDUP
Apr 9, 2017 9:11 AM CDT
Haley: Syria Regime Change 'We Think Is Going to Happen'
Says Trump's decision to bomb was 'one of president's finest hours'
- President Trump's decision to bomb Syria this week "was really one of the president's finest hours," says US ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley, speaking with CNN 's
State of the Union
. "He wanted to know exactly what the facts and evidence was. He...
Haley on Syria:
How Many More
Kids Have to
Apr 5, 2017 1:07 PM CDT
Haley on Syria: How Many More Kids Have to Die, Russia?
UN ambassador, other US pols say Putin may be protecting Assad on chemical attack
- Scores were killed in Syria's Idlib province on Tuesday in what the
New York Times
calls "the worst chemical attack in years" in the war-torn country. Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's regime is saying it had nothing to do with it, and Syrian ally Russia is also...
As the World Starts Talks on
Banning Nukes, US Boycotts
Mar 28, 2017 11:30 AM CDT
As the World Starts Talks on Banning Nukes, US Boycotts
And it's not alone
- Monday saw the start of UN talks focused on a noble goal: banning nuclear weapons across our planet. It was the result of a 2016 vote that saw more than 100 countries in favor of a UN General Assembly resolution to kick off such talks, which are aimed at ultimately...
Trump Allows Business Deals
With Russian Spy Agency
Feb 2, 2017 5:26 PM CST
Trump Allows Business Deals With Russian Spy Agency
But that may not be as nefarious as it seems
- The Trump administration finally did what many feared it would do: rolled back sanctions on Russia. Or did it?
reports the Treasury Department on Thursday granted an exemption that allows US businesses or individuals to do business with Russian spy agency FSB, as long as payments are less...
Nikki Haley: US Is
'Taking Names' at the UN
Jan 28, 2017 7:55 AM CST
Nikki Haley: US Is 'Taking Names' at the UN
She says Trump administration plans UN overhaul
- Looks like Nikki Haley has been instructed to make the United Nations great again. America's new ambassador to the UN presented her credentials to Secretary-General Antonio Guterres in New York yesterday and told reporters that the Trump administration plans to overhaul the body and is "taking names" of...
Senate Confirms Trump
Pick for UN Ambassador
Jan 25, 2017 12:19 AM CST
Senate Confirms Trump Pick for UN Ambassador
Nikki Haley approved by 96-4 vote
- The Senate confirmed President Trump's pick for US ambassador to the United Nations by a decisive margin Tuesday as GOP-led committees paved the way for three more of his Cabinet nominees to be approved just days into the new administration, the AP reports. South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley won...
Trump Names His
Secretary of Education
Nov 23, 2016 1:40 PM CST
Trump Names His Secretary of Education
And confirms Gov. Nikki Haley as ambassador to UN
- President-elect Donald Trump has chosen prominent charter school advocate Betsy DeVos as his secretary of education, the AP reports. It's also been confirmed that Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley will serve as US ambassador to the UN . Together, they are the first women selected for top-level administration posts in Trump'...
Nov 23, 2016 7:06 AM CST
Sources: Trump Offers Nikki Haley Cabinet Slot
SC governor is reportedly president-elect's pick for UN ambassador
- Donald Trump has chosen South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley as his UN ambassador, marking his first appointment of a woman to a Cabinet-level position, reports the
Post and Courier
by way of sources. Another source tells NBC News Haley has accepted. The move is expected to be announced Wednesday and...
Rubio Gets Big
Feb 17, 2016 2:35 PM CST
Rubio Gets Big Endorsement Ahead of SC Primary
Gov. Nikki Haley is endorsing him
- South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley is endorsing Marco Rubio ahead of Saturday's first-in-the-South Republican presidential primary, the AP reports. A person close to the Republican governor with direct knowledge of her decision says she will endorse Rubio at his event Wednesday night in Lexington County. Haley's endorsement was...
Haley Takes Swipe at Trump, Too, in GOP Response
Jan 13, 2016 3:33 AM CST
Haley Takes Swipe at Trump, Too, in GOP Response
She doesn't go easy on her own party
- Donald Trump is managing to again grab headlines , though his name was neither uttered by President Obama nor South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, who gave the GOP response to Obama's State of the Union address . The American-born daughter of Indian immigrants gave what Politico describes as a "not-so-subtle...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
2nd Woman Dumped at LA Hospital Dies
Parents of Oxford Suspect Caught After Manhunt
You Know About Foster Care, Maybe Not Its 'Shadow' System
He Stuck Out His Arm to Get Vaxxed. It Was 'Cold and Gummy'
Shellshocked Docs Call Bomb Squad for Man With Ordnance in Rectum
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.