Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Biden's Student Loan Relief Heads to Supreme Court
Stories 1 - 20 |
Diane Keaton Gushes Over
'Gorgeous,' 'Genius' Bieber
May 10, 2022 10:35 AM CDT
Diane Keaton Gushes Over 'Gorgeous,' 'Genius' Bieber
Actress dishes with Ellen DeGeneres on shooting 'Ghost' music video with Justin Bieber
- Keaton and Allen, Keaton and Nicholson, Keaton and ... Bieber? Yes, we're talking Diane Keaton, and her latest co-star, the Biebs, in his music video for "Ghost," which already has 122 million-plus views after debuting in October.
reports on the 76-year-old
'Better Keep His Mouth
Shut,' Says Bolsonaro
May 5, 2022 1:18 AM CDT
Leonardo DiCaprio 'Better Keep His Mouth Shut,' Says Bolsonaro
Brazil president is not happy with actor's attempts to get out the vote
- Leonardo DiCaprio is in a feud, not with another celebrity, but with Brazil President Jair Bolsonaro. Following a series of recent tweets in which DiCaprio urged Brazilians to get out and vote in this October's elections to ensure the Amazon rainforest is protected, Bolsonaro on Tuesday hit back at...
Apr 30, 2022 2:50 PM CDT
Bolsonaro Answers DiCaprio Sarcastically
Actor and Amazon activist had appealed to the country's young people to vote
- Leonardo DiCaprio took his environmental worries directly to the young voters of Brazil this week, drawing a sarcastic response from the nation's president. "Brazil is home to the Amazon and other ecosystems critical to climate change," the actor tweeted Thursday, the BBC reports. "What happens there...
Now Growing in a Single
Forest: the DiCaprio Tree
Jan 7, 2022 1:50 PM CST
Now Growing in a Single Forest: the DiCaprio Tree
Scientists thank the actor by naming a tree after him in Cameroon
- It's not as shiny as an Oscar, but it's "spectacular" to look at nonetheless, says a scientist at the UK's Royal Botanic Gardens. Dr. Martin Cheek is referring to the newly named tree Uvariopsis dicaprio, which is known to grow in just a single forest, reports...
Bezos' $500K Donation
Met With Groans
Nov 17, 2021 9:07 AM CST
Bezos' $500K Donation Met With Groans
Baby2Baby donation from world's second-richest man fell flat: Page Six
- Celebrities including Jeff Bezos raised $8.5 million for Baby2Baby, a nonprofit that provides diapers and other necessities to children living in poverty, at its 10th annual gala in Los Angeles on Saturday, per
. But if Bezos was expecting a pat on the back for his $500,000...
May 18, 2021 12:06 PM CDT
DiCaprio Unveils Ambitious Plan for Galapagos
Actor and conservation groups pledge $43M to 'rewild' the islands
- Leonardo DiCaprio and a team of conservationists are putting up a lot of dough "to save one of the most irreplaceable places on the planet." The actor on Tuesday announced a $43 million pledge to "rewild" the Galapagos Islands, including by restoring habitats and reintroducing locally extinct...
A New King of Movie
Profanities Is Crowned
May 14, 2020 10:40 AM CDT
A New King of Movie Profanities Is Crowned
Samuel L. who? Jonah Hill claims the most cussing in his movie roles
- Samuel L. Jackson is no longer the king of swearing in film. Jonah Hill was "humbled" to learn he'd nabbed the honor upon reading an article published Wednesday by the Wrap , which was based on an analysis by Buzz Bingo . The analysis found Jackson had uttered 301 profanities...
for Brazil Prez
Dec 1, 2019 6:11 AM CST
Leo DiCaprio Has Response for Brazil Prez
'We did not fund the organizations targeted'
- Leonardo DiCaprio has responded to Brazil President Jair Bolsonaro's accusation that he helped fund environmental NGOs that were setting fire to the Amazon , and the answer is no, he did not, reports CNN . "The future of these irreplaceable ecosystems is at stake and I am proud to stand...
Brazil Leader Targets A-List
Actor Over Amazon Fires
Nov 30, 2019 5:30 AM CST
Brazil Leader Targets A-List Actor Over Amazon Fires
Jair Bolsonaro points finger at Leonardo DiCaprio for rainforest blazes
- Without offering proof, Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro on Friday said actor Leonardo DiCaprio had funded nonprofit groups that Bolsonaro claims are partly responsible for fires in the Amazon this year. Bolsonaro’s remarks about the actor were part of a wider government campaign against environmental nonprofit groups operating in Brazil....
What Critics Think
About Tarantino's Latest
Jul 26, 2019 11:40 AM CDT
What Critics Think About Tarantino's Latest
'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood' is getting mostly strong reviews, as is DiCaprio
- Quentin Tarantino plays revisionist history in his supposedly penultimate feature,
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
, which has an impressive 89% rating from critics on Rotten Tomatoes . Set over three days in 1969, the film starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, and Al Pacino puts a fairy-tale spin on...
Gisele Loved Leo
Feb 2, 2019 6:00 AM CST
Gisele Loved Leo DiCaprio. Then She Stopped the 'Numbing'
Supermodel says she split with star in 2005 after some 'serious soul-searching'
- Gisele Bundchen has been married to Patriots quarterback Tom Brady for almost a decade, but before Brady, she had another famous love: Leonardo DiCaprio. They dated for five years, and it was serious—
notes Bundchen was the only girlfriend that DiCaprio ever brought to the Oscars. So why did...
Actors' Bet Ends With
'Leo Knows All' Tattoo
Feb 1, 2018 10:08 AM CST
Actors' Bet Ends With 'Leo Knows All' Tattoo
Photo indicates Tom Hardy actually went through with it
- Let it be said that Tom Hardy is a man of his word. A 2016
profile opened with an anecdote about how he had to add a fresh tattoo to his tattoo-heavy body because of a bet he made and lost with Leonardo DiCaprio. His
Jack 'Had to Die' in
Nov 27, 2017 8:12 AM CST
James Cameron: Jack 'Had to Die' in
Otherwise, the ending would have been 'meaningless,' he argues
- As the
New York Daily News
notes, the show
once devoted an episode to proving that both Jack and Rose could have survived on that floating door near the end of
. So why did Leo DiCaprio's character have to die? "The answer is very simple because...
Have to Return
Jun 16, 2017 6:53 AM CDT
DiCaprio May Have to Return Millions in Artwork
Feds are seizing assets related to Malaysian corruption
- The feds are in the midst of a complex money-laundering investigation tied to Malaysian financiers, but it's got some easy-to-understand ramifications: Leonardo DiCaprio has to return a Picasso and an old Oscar that once belonged to Marlon Brando. As Reuters reports, DiCaprio himself is not charged with any wrongdoing,...
Climate Marchers on Trump's
100th Day: 'There's no Planet B'
Apr 29, 2017 5:05 PM CDT
Climate Marchers on Trump's 100th Day: 'There's no Planet B'
Tens of thousands joined what organizers say were 300 events in US
- Thousands of people across the US marched Saturday on President Trump's 100th day in office to demand action on climate change, the AP reports. At the marquee event, the Peoples Climate March in Washington, DC, tens of thousands of demonstrators made their way down Pennsylvania Avenue in sweltering heat....
Aug 3, 2016 10:50 AM CDT
Leonardo DiCaprio Adorably Pranks Jonah Hill
It's a Hollywood bromance
- Awww, bromance. Leonardo DiCaprio saw one of his best friends, Jonah Hill, on the street in New York City recently—so he pranked him by pretending to be a stalker-ish fan with a camera. The pair, who worked together on the
Wolf of Wall Street
, then engaged in an adorable...
Indonesia Threatens to
Ban Leonardo DiCaprio
Apr 2, 2016 6:47 AM CDT
Indonesia Threatens to Ban Leonardo DiCaprio
They're not happy about his environmental concerns
- Leonardo DiCaprio may be banned from returning to Indonesia over his criticisms that palm oil plantations are destroying the country's rainforests and endangering wildlife, an immigration official said Saturday. The Oscar winner made a one-day visit to protected Mount Leuser National Park in northern Sumatra last weekend and uploaded...
Mar 20, 2016 7:32 AM CDT
Leo's Unlikely Environmental 'Hero': China
DiCaprio is plugging 'The Revenant' in Beijing, where he's known as 'Little Lee'
- Leonardo DiCaprio has seen the potential "hero of the environmental movement," and it is the world's largest emitter of greenhouse gases—China—he said Sunday while promoting
in Beijing. The actor and environmentalist, who called for action to combat climate change during his Oscar acceptance...
11 Stars Who Own
Mar 13, 2016 2:31 PM CDT
11 Stars Who Own Private Islands
Must be nice
- It's no surprise for a celebrity to own a fancy car or a huge mansion—but these 23 celebrities rounded up by Ranker kick it up a notch or two: They own private islands. A sampling:
He owns a 45-acre island in the Caribbean, and seems to
Could Have Fit
Feb 2, 2016 10:57 AM CST
Kate Winslet: Yeah, Leo Could Have Fit on
Actress admits to Jimmy Kimmel that Rose could have saved Jack
- Kate Winslet has finally addressed a concern some
fans have probably had for years: Why did her character, Rose, let Leonardo DiCaprio's character, Jack, die when there was clearly a door floating in the ocean that was large enough for both of them to ride to rescue? "...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Black Guest Badgered by Staff Member at Palace Event
After Serving 8 Years, Infomercial Pitchman Could Be Jailed Again
Country Singer, 37, Dies in His Sleep on Wedding Night
She Was Behind Some of Fleetwood Mac's Biggest Hits
A Sleeping Giant Awakes, With Plenty of Spectators
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.