Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
San Francisco 49ers
Stories 1 - 20 |
in Hot Water
Oct 14, 2023 10:00 AM CDT
Eyebrow-Raising T-Shirt Lands 49ers Player in Hot Water
Sources: George Kittle's tee that said 'F--- Dallas' during Cowboys game earned him $14K fine
- A tight end on the San Francisco 49ers will have to fork over nearly $14,000 after the NFL dinged him for unsportsmanlike conduct in the fifth week of season play. A source tells ESPN that George Kittle was hit with the hefty fine after he wore a gray T-shirt...
For 2nd Straight Year,
49ers Are a Win Away
From Super Bowl
Jan 23, 2023 12:01 AM CST
For 2nd Straight Year, 49ers Are a Win Away From Super Bowl
They'll play Philadelphia Eagles in NFC championship game Sunday
- Christian McCaffrey scored on a go-ahead 2-yard run in the fourth quarter and San Francisco's defense did the rest, sending the 49ers to their second straight NFC title game with a 19-12 victory over the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday, the AP reports. The 49ers (15-4) used back-to-back long scoring...
'Mr. Irrelevant' May Have
Given NFL Its 'Story of the Year'
Dec 12, 2022 6:23 AM CST
'Mr. Irrelevant' May Have Given NFL Its 'Story of the Year'
Brock Purdy, picked last in 2022 draft, beats Tom Brady in his first start
- Brock Purdy has the unwanted label of "Mr. Irrelevant"—the nickname bestowed on the very last player picked in the NFL draft, which he was in 2022. Tom Brady, of course, has the label of GOAT, or Greatest of All Time. On Sunday, however, the 22-year-old Purdy made...
Oct 31, 2022 7:31 AM CDT
He Completes a Rare Touchdown Trifecta
Christian McCaffrey of 49ers runs, throws, and catches for TDs, only 4th modern player
- It was just his second game with the San Francisco 49ers, but it was a memorable one for Christian McCaffery. The running back ran for one touchdown, a routine part of his job. But he also caught a TD pass and threw one as well, becoming only the fourth player...
by NFLer Claims
It Was Assault
Oct 6, 2022 11:55 AM CDT
Protester Tackled by NFLer Claims It Was Assault
'There's consequences for your actions,' responds Rams' Bobby Wagner
The protester who ran onto the field during an NFL game on Monday, only to be knocked down by Los Angeles Rams linebacker Bobby Wagner, has filed an assault complaint. The Santa Clara Police Department confirms an "active investigation" is underway, per Yahoo . The protester was one of...
Former NFL Linebacker's
Cause of Death Revealed
Mar 17, 2022 4:40 PM CDT
Former NFL Linebacker's Cause of Death Revealed
Parys Haralson suffered a stroke at age 37
It was a stroke that killed 37-year-old former NFL player Parys Haralson last year. The Santa Clara County Medical Examiner-Coroner’s Office determined that Haralson suffered a ruptured blood vessel or vessels in the brain and listed the manner of death as "natural," reports
49ers Fan in Induced Coma
After Beating at Rams' Stadium
Feb 3, 2022 4:50 PM CST
49ers Fan in Induced Coma After Beating at Rams' Stadium
Daniel Luna, 40, had gone from Oakland to LA for the NFL playoff game
- A 49ers fan wearing a San Francisco jersey apparently was beaten in the stadium parking lot on his way to see his team play the Los Angeles Rams in the playoffs on Sunday. Daniel Luna, 40, is hospitalized in a medically induced coma,
reports. He had taken a...
Former Player With
CTE Symptoms Dies at 49
Jul 11, 2021 12:40 PM CDT
Former Player With CTE Symptoms Dies at 49
Greg Clark's quarterback, Steve Young, calls the loss devastating
- Greg Clark, who played four seasons at a tight end for the San Francisco 49ers—capped by catching two touchdown passes from Steve Young in a 1998 wild-card victory—has died. He was 49. His family released a statement saying his death was unexpected,
reports, though it says he...
NFL Hands Down $1M in
Fines Over Face Masks
Sep 22, 2020 8:11 AM CDT
NFL Hands Down $1M in Fines Over Face Masks
Head coaches for Broncos, Seahawks, 49ers now owe $100K each for not following safety protocols
- A week after the NFL warned its coaches and teams about following proper safety protocols regarding COVID-19, the league has now handed down more than $1 million in fines, including to three head coaches. Sources tell ESPN that Vic Fangio of the Denver Broncos, the Seattle Seahawks' Pete Carroll, and...
Super Bowl Winner Convicted
of 'Unconscionable' Crime'
Jul 28, 2020 9:10 AM CDT
Super Bowl Winner Convicted of 'Unconscionable' Crime'
Dana Stubblefield faces 15 years to life for raping disabled babysitter
- A former Super Bowl winner and NFL defensive rookie of the year has been found guilty of raping a developmentally disabled woman following a nine-month trial. A jury in Santa Clara County convicted former San Francisco 49ers star Dana Stubblefield of rape by force, oral copulation by force, false imprisonment,...
In Surprise Pardon, Trump
Clears NFL Figure
Feb 18, 2020 11:00 AM CST
In Surprise Pardon, Trump Clears NFL Figure
Former 49ers owner Edward DeBartolo Jr. was convicted years ago of gambling fraud
- President Trump has pardoned Edward DeBartolo Jr., the former San Francisco 49ers owner convicted in a gambling fraud scandal. DeBartolo, who built the San Francisco 49ers' 1980s-'90s dynasty, was involved in one of the biggest owners' scandals in the sport's history. In 1998, he pleaded guilty to failing...
The 2020 Super Bowl
Champ Is Crowned
Feb 2, 2020 9:11 PM CST
The 2020 Super Bowl Champ Is Crowned
Kansas City comes from behind late to beat San Francisco
- Super Bowl 54 is in the books, and the Kansas City Chiefs are the new Super Bowl champions. KC came from behind late—they trailed 20-10 with about 6 minutes left—to beat the San Francisco 49ers 31-20, per ESPN . Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes—the game's MVP—threw two...
Before Kickoff, Players Stand
on 24-Yard-Lines, for a Reason
Feb 2, 2020 6:16 PM CST
Before Kickoff, Players Stand on 24-Yard-Lines, for a Reason
It's a tribute to Kobe
- The Super Bowl is here. Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs are facing off against Jimmy Garoppolo and the San Francisco 49ers in Florida. And before football's biggest game, the players for both teams lined up on their 24-yard-lines for a tribute to one of the best players...
Odds Are Out,
and It's Tight
Jan 20, 2020 6:05 AM CST
Super Bowl Odds Are Out, and It's Tight
Chiefs are 1-point favorites over 49ers
- When the season started, the Kansas City Chiefs were the betting favorites to win the Super Bowl, notes
. Now that the season is almost over, they remain the favorites, though slight ones. Vegas bookies have the team as 1- or 1.5-point favorites to beat the San Francisco...
Arrest Made in Stabbings
Over 'Unwanted Advancement'
Dec 25, 2019 5:00 PM CST
Arrest Made in Stabbings Over 'Unwanted Advancement'
Michael Mosely, 23, was arrested Wednesday
- Two men killed, four people of interest, and nearly four days without an arrest—until now. Authorities arrested 23-year-old Michael Mosely on Wednesday in the fatal stabbings of two men outside a Nashville bar, including the brother of San Francisco 49ers quarterback CJ Beathard, the
reports. An array of...
NFL Player's Brother
Killed 'Over a Woman'
Dec 22, 2019 5:00 PM CST
NFL Player's Brother Killed 'Over a Woman'
Clayton Beathard was just 22 years old
- The San Francisco 49ers played with aching hearts Saturday after hearing about quarterback CJ Beathard's brother—who had just been killed in Nashville,
reports. Clayton Beathard, 22, was one of two men fatally stabbed outside a bar in what police say was an argument over a woman....
Radio Analyst's Take on NFL
QB Earns Him Suspension
Dec 5, 2019 7:16 AM CST
Radio Analyst's Take on NFL QB Earns Him Suspension
Tim Ryan said 'dark skin' of Ravens QB Lamar Jackson helped him pull off plays in 49ers game
- If you were listening Monday morning to a radio breakdown of Sunday's game between the San Francisco 49ers and the Baltimore Ravens, a comment from one analyst about the Ravens quarterback may have had you wondering: Did he just say that? That was the reaction of the 49ers, who...
After Domestic Violence Arrest,
49ers Drop Reuben Foster Fast
Nov 25, 2018 10:11 AM CST
After Domestic Violence Arrest, 49ers Drop Reuben Foster Fast
Linebacker had been accused of same earlier this year
- The San Francisco 49ers cut linebacker Reuben Foster on Sunday, hours after he was arrested at the team hotel in Tampa, Fla., on charges of domestic violence. An arrest report from the Hillsborough County Sheriff's office said Foster was booked at 11:11pm Saturday and held without bail. Foster...
Floating Body Could Be
That of Missing 49ers Fan
Nov 19, 2018 1:19 AM CST
Floating Body Could Be That of Missing 49ers Fan
Ian Powers disappeared during Nov. 12 game
- A grim discovery made by fisherman in California could bring the search for a missing San Francisco 49ers fan to a tragic end. Ian Powers, 32, disappeared during a Nov. 12 game at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, leaving his girlfriend and her two children behind. Police say a...
NFL Cheerleader Takes
a Knee During Anthem
Nov 2, 2018 5:54 AM CDT
NFL Cheerleader Takes a Knee During Anthem
Unidentified woman kneels before 49ers game, believed to be the first
- The NFL anthem protests appeared to take a notable turn Thursday night when a cheerleader for the San Francisco 49ers took a knee during the national anthem. Wire services don't have the image yet, but you can see it in tweeted photos here and here . The unidentified woman is...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Red Lobster Misjudged Diners' Hunger for Endless Shrimp
Investigation Lobs Disturbing Allegations Against Candy Giant
A 'Familiar Maternal Face on TV' Dead at 93
Morgan Names Royals Who Made Alleged Racist Comments
Couple's NC Wyeth Windfall Collapses
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.