Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Fed Signals It Will Raise Rates as Soon as March
Stories 1 - 20 |
This Could Take Cooking
Shows to Weird New Level
Dec 25, 2021 9:00 AM CST
This Could Take Cooking Shows to Weird New Level
Japanese researcher invents a lickable screen
- A Japanese researcher is generating headlines for his odd invention—a TV that allows you to lick the screen and taste different flavors. The device, called Taste the TV (TTTV) is yet "another step towards creating a multi-sensory viewing experience," reports Reuters . It makes use of built-in canisters...
'The Big Ragoo'
Has Died at 69
Dec 2, 2021 9:25 AM CST
'The Big Ragoo' Has Died at 69
Actor Eddie Mekka played Carmine Ragusa on '70s sitcom 'Laverne & Shirley'
- For those who sat in front of the boob tube in the late '70s and early '80s, the
Laverne & Shirley
likely made its way into their TV-watching schedules. Sad news for that demographic, as loved ones announce the death of actor Eddie Mekka, who...
About Tony's Final Scene
Nov 4, 2021 10:45 AM CDT
Creator Talks About Tony's Final Scene
2 years before finale, David Chase got idea for the character to be killed in a small restaurant
- Ever since the famous cut-to-black scene in the
finale, show creator David Chase has been asked the same question over and over and over : Is Tony dead? In a new interview with the
The Hollywood Reporter
podcast, Chase all but confirms the character did indeed get whacked....
Oct 22, 2021 1:23 PM CDT
A Beloved 'Bosom Buddy' Has Died
Peter Scolari, co-star in '80s sitcom with Tom Hanks, had been living with cancer for 2 years
- Actor Peter Scolari, who starred in the '80s sitcom
opposite Tom Hanks, has died at the age of 66, reports
. His representative, Ellen Lubin Sanitsky, says he died Friday after living two years with cancer. Scolari was also well known for his star turn as...
TV Host' Hands
Reins to Son
Oct 1, 2021 12:10 PM CDT
'Longest-Running TV Host' Hands Reins to Son
Televangelist Pat Robertson, 91, is stepping down from role on 'The 700 Club'
- Pat Robertson kicked off the summer with a diatribe against critical race theory. He's entering the autumn season with a different, more subdued message: goodbye. WAVY reports that the 91-year-old televangelist, who for more than a half-century hosted
The 700 Club
for the Christian Broadcasting Network he founded, is...
to Go Light
Sep 19, 2021 1:00 PM CDT
Emmy Host to Go Light on Politics
Cedric the Entertainer says the emphasis will be on celebration
- The Emmy Awards will be held in a tent Sunday night instead of a theater, the big winners look likely to be streaming services instead of broadcast networks, and political humor might be among the losers. Cedric the Entertainer, who will host the show, has signaled he won't revisit...
'I'm Going Home'
Sep 16, 2021 11:00 AM CDT
Piers Morgan: 'I'm Going Home'
He's joining News Corp., will host new weeknight show on Fox Nation
- Piers Morgan has found a new job following his explosive departure from
Good Morning Britain
. The political pundit is joining News Corp. and Fox News Media in a partnership that will see him host a new weeknight show to air in the US, UK, and Australia in 2022. He'll...
Sep 14, 2021 9:25 AM CDT
Blink and You'll Miss Mike Richards'
He's out as host (and executive producer), but shows already taped with him began airing Monday
- The very brief Mike Richards era on
began Monday as the beleaguered game show dealt with the embarrassment of opening its 38th season with a host that its fans already know is toast. Richards stepped down as Alex Trebek's replacement on Aug. 20, then was ousted as the...
Judge Judy Will Soon
Be Banging Her Gavel Anew
Sep 10, 2021 9:43 AM CDT
Judge Judy Will Soon Be Banging Her Gavel Anew
Judy Sheindlin, and her granddaughter, will be coming to IMDb TV in November
- Judge Judy Sheindlin is returning to television on Nov. 1 with a new red robe, a granddaughter in tow, and the challenge of competing with herself. She announced on Thursday the start date and name of her new show,
, which will be available weekdays on the little-known IMDb...
In Need of a
Wireless Mic or
He Was Your Guy
Jul 29, 2021 7:57 AM CDT
In Need of a Wireless Mic or Food Dehydrator? He Was Your Guy
Infomercial icon and Ronco pitchman Ron Popeil dies at 86
- In the darkest, wee-est hours of the nights of yore, when all the real TV programming ran out, there used to be something called infomercials: entire TV programs about people selling products that might be useful to you but that you probably didn't know you wanted. These immediate forebears...
Judge Sounds a Bit Skeptical
May 20, 2021 6:20 PM CDT
Judge Sounds a Bit Skeptical Over
Performance coach Denise Shull says the show ripped off her ideas
- The show
remains in pandemic limbo, but Dealbreaker notes that fans can at least occupy themselves with a related court fight. Denise Shull, a performance coach, claims the show ripped off her ideas and image as personified in character Wendy Rhoades (played by Maggie Siff). The suit has been...
BIPOC Filmmakers Have a
Problem With PBS, Ken Burns
Mar 31, 2021 10:10 AM CDT
BIPOC Filmmakers Have a Problem With PBS, Ken Burns
Exclusive partnership comes at the expense of diversity, they argue
- Almost 140 filmmakers, including some who work with PBS, have signed a letter calling out the public broadcaster for a "systemic failure to fulfill [its] mandate for a diversity of voices." The letter , implying an overemphasis on white creators, notes Ken Burns, a white man, has created about...
Super Bowl Underwhelmed
in Another Way
Feb 10, 2021 7:24 AM CST
Super Bowl Underwhelmed in Another Way
The Brady-Mahomes matchup only pulled in 96.4M viewers
- So just how many people were eager to watch veteran quarterback Tom Brady take on hungry new QB Patrick Mahomes on Super Bowl Sunday? Not a heck of a lot, relatively. Ratings for the NFL's biggest day of the year are in, and CNBC reports the matchup between the...
He Started as Pharmacist,
Ended Up in 500 TV Episodes
Jan 15, 2021 12:25 PM CST
He Started as Pharmacist, Ended Up in 500 TV Episodes
Character actor Peter Mark Richman dies at 93
- Peter Mark Richman, a character actor who appeared in hundreds of television episodes and had recurring roles on
Beverly Hills 90210
, has died. He was 93. Richman died Thursday at his home in the Woodland Hills area of Los Angeles of natural causes, publicist Harlan Boll...
Yup, That's a Giant
Penis in a Kids Show
Jan 9, 2021 9:44 AM CST
Yup, That's a Giant Penis in a Kids Show
Danish Broadcasting Corporation's 'John Dillermand' arouses debate
- A new TV show has premiered in Denmark about a man with the world's largest penis, which he can't always control. Did we mention it's a kid's show? The animated series that premiered Saturday on the Danish Broadcasting Corporation (DR), aimed at 4- to 8-year-olds, has...
Who Hid His
Dead at 73
Dec 5, 2020 5:00 PM CST
Comic Actor Who Hid His Diagnosis Is Dead at 73
David Lander played the beloved role of Squiggy on 'Laverne & Shirley'
- Lovers of classic TV know him as Squiggy, the greasy-haired neighbor who made America laugh. Now David Lander's family says the comic actor died Friday in Los Angeles from complications of multiple sclerosis, TMZ reports. He was 73. Committed to acting by age 10, Lander teamed up with Michael...
Actress to Will Smith:
'I Lost Everything'
Nov 22, 2020 12:30 PM CST
Actress to Will Smith: 'I Lost Everything'
Smith and former castmate Janet Hubert set their differences aside
- Looks like the Fresh Prince and Aunt Viv are finally good again. In an HBO Max reunion special for
The Fresh Prince of Bel Air
, Will Smith and former co-star Janet Hubert sat down in front of former castmates to clear the air, E! Online reports. "We never really...
Disney Wouldn't Air
This Episode—Until Now
Aug 11, 2020 9:28 AM CDT
Disney Wouldn't Air This Episode—Until Now
Episode of 'black-ish' about Trump finds a home on Hulu
- A politically charged episode of
from 2017 that was shelved by ABC has found a home on Hulu, a corporate sibling of the Disney-owned broadcast network, the AP reports. "I cannot wait for everyone to finally see the episode for themselves," series creator Kenya Barris posted Monday...
Hit: Guilty Pleasure
Jul 28, 2020 10:00 AM CDT
Netflix's Matchmaking Hit: Guilty Pleasure or Hate-Watch?
'Indian Matchmaking' has obsessive fans, but critics have some issues
- The majority of marriages in India are still arranged, and often families recruit outside help to get them set up. That's where Sima Taparia, the self-proclaimed "top matchmaker" of Mumbai, steps in, via a new Netflix series that's left people clamoring for more.
'We Mourn His Loss':
Regis Philbin Dies at 88
Jul 25, 2020 3:30 PM CDT
'We Mourn His Loss': Regis Philbin Dies at 88
The legendary host of 'Live!' and 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?' had a special sense of humor
- One of America's most beloved TV hosts is gone. Regis Philbin, best known for the morning show
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire
, died of natural causes Friday at the age of 88. "His family and friends are forever grateful for the time we got to...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Secrets of Playboy 's Hugh Hefner Allegations Are Graphic
Cops: Woman Tries to Buy Baby at Walmart
Here Are the 10 States People Are Fleeing
Elon Musk Has an Offer for McDonald's
After 6 Years in Jail for Staying Mum on Gold, a New Roadblock
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.