Google has made billions, and there are only so many YouTubes or Androids you can buy—so why not spend some of that hard-earned cash in some decidedly stranger ways? Business Insider rounds up the 10 weirdest:
- Windmills: Yes ... windmills. Google spent $40 million on them, probably because it likes clean energy projects.
- A beekeeper: The company has four nests on its campus and an official beekeeper who takes care of them, so that Google's chef always has access to fresh honey.
- People-powered monorail: Google gave $1 million to Shweeb, a company that aims to make clear pods for eco-friendly transportation purposes. The pods are powered by people kicking their legs, bicycle-style.
- Solar energy: In another push for clean energy, Google invested in building a solar panel prototype that could significantly reduce the cost of solar energy.
- Space travel: The company is offering a $30 million reward to the first privately funded team that gets a robot to the moon.
Click for the complete list
. (Read more Google