The New York Times Magazine takes a peek at Meghan McCain's 1,100-square-foot pad in West Hollywood. Edward Lewine gets an earful about her "dominatrix heels," among other spirited revelations:
- In her closet you'll find a pair of black studded Christian Louboutin heels, which McCain calls her "least Republican piece of clothing"—they were nicknamed her "dominatrix heels" by a friend. "There’s nothing Republican or political about those shoes," she says.
- Those shoes aren't the only thing with a nickname. "Bambi" is McCain's MacBook—her indispensable item. "My iPhone is named Thumper. How sad am I?"
- Less sweet and Bambi-sounding is McCain's obsession with ... skulls. "I have 10 of them. I love the way they look in my place. I have one on my night stand; one on my desk; crystal ones in my kitchen; one that’s filled with vodka; some with diamond eyes."
- Another thing she likes to have in multiples: elephants. "And not just because of the Republican Party. They are so beautiful and good luck to have in your house. This leather one is named Walter."
- And a person she likes: Sofia Coppola. "I am borderline obsessed. She is unbelievably talented and has a famous father and established herself as a force to be reckoned with in her industry. She’s so much cooler than I am."
Click for all the New York Times' McCain-related tidbits
. (Read more Meghan McCain