Gwyneth Paltrow is once again dishing up details of her life—and advice on how to live yours—this time in an interview with Harper's Bazaar. Some of it is old-hat ("At 39, she looks stronger than she did in her 20s!"), but a few revelations are creating a little buzz. Among them:
- On her daily routine: Up at 7am. She gets her two kids, Apple and Moses, up and off to school. Bathes with them (yes, that's right, bathes with them) before bedtime. She cooks dinner; it's a family affair.
- Her skin routine: "I'll take my wrinkles. I don't like the Botox thing." What she does like: regular facials, lasers.
- Yep, she's still working out with Tracy Anderson: for 90 minutes every weekday.
- She's currently doing a 12-week detox: "I can feel my adrenal cortex being really high. When I get into bed, my heart will pound, my skin won't be good, I'll feel cranky, and then I'll just know it's time ... so I'm not having anything I'm allergic to—no gluten, no dairy, no sugar."
- On being present: "I have little kids in school. I want to maintain my marriage and my family, so I have to be here when he comes home," she explains.
- On being a wife: She has an actress pal "in a new relationship with someone else with a big career, and I said this may not be feminist, but you have to compromise. If you want what you're saying you want—a family—you have to be a wife, and that is part of the equation. Gloria Steinem may string me up by my toes, but all I can do is my best, and I can do only what works for me and my family."
- Odd quote about her daughter: "I've been saving my clothes for her since before she was born. I was like, I'll bet you anything I'll have a daughter, and she'll be a really cool butch lesbian and be so above clothes, and I got a very clothes-obsessed child. So if she's a lesbian, she's a lipstick lesbian."
- Fun fact: She did yoga stretches, "supple as a cat," during the interview (she was apparently wearing jeans and a button-down at the time).
Click to read the entire interview, in which she speaks a lot about her late father
. (Read more Chris Martin