Celebrities are increasingly getting their fingers in tech companies, including such well-known ones as Facebook and Foursquare. Huffington Post rounds up 23 Hollywood VIPs who dabble in tech on the side:
- Leonardo DiCaprio: He invested $4 million in Mobli, a real-time visual media platform, last October.
- Selena Gomez: The singer/actress contributed $750,000 to mobile app Postcard on the Run last November.
- Justin Bieber: Gomez's boyfriend is also trying to do good with his investment: He contributed money to mobile app PhoneGuard, and also warned about the dangers of texting while driving for the company.
- Kim Kardashian: She co-founded shoe-sharing site Shoedazzle in 2009, and it's gotten $60 million in funding since then.
- Ellen DeGeneres: The talk show host backs Sojo Studios, a social gaming company whose Facebook game allows users to contribute to good causes while playing.
- will.i.am: The Black Eyed Peas singer is Intel's director of creative innovation, focusing on "new technologies, music, and tech advocacy."
Click for the complete list
, which includes a look at what MC Hammer is doing these days. (Read more Leonardo DiCaprio